The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

treasures of your collection.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
Here's my full list of trade Items.

wrong thread!

ooh. i'll take your uniracers if you're trading it.

also, i'll trade my unlimited saga for your unlimited saga.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend had Uniracers. I would have treasured that one, it was an underrated game.

What the deuce is this? Also, credit to whoever harvested these banners, I love them.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that, friend, is from the back of the mother 1 soundtrack cd. there's a full scan in the "banners" thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see now! Sorry I missed that before.
wourme

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That River Raid patch I mentioned the other day has been missing since around 1990. But a few days after I mention it here, it magically turns up without my even looking for it. I'll have to try to think of other lost things I can post about.

My assistant in taking the photo:

dessgeega

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow and a half. that's a completely different design than the one featured in activision anthology.

that kitty must be a treasure too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't ben participating as much as I'd like to lately, so let me resolve to come around here more often. Despite all that, I've been giving this topic a lot of thought instead of hastily cobbling together a half-assed response as has been my habit.

shapermc wrote:
My Dreamcast. It is the only system I have ever had pre-US release. Probably the last too the way things are getting closer together. I had my Dreamcast for over 6 months before it was released in the US.

It's funny how you and I see eye to eye on so many subjects. Maybe that why I like TGQ more than some of the other places out there.

As much as I love my beautiful Saturn, I keep coming back around to my Dreamcast. Like Shapermc, I too got mine maybe a week after the Japanese release. It was my first pre-US system, and about 90% of all the games I got for it were the Japanese versions.

I'll wax nostalgic for a moment if no one minds. Skip to the last paragraph if you don't want to bother reading my pinings.

Why Dreamcast > Saturn? Well, my early Dreamcast days were part of a golden, halcyon time that I'll maybe never see the like of again in many respects. For one thing, it was a great time in my life. I had just gotten married, moved out of my parents' house for the second and final time, finished at University, and started a real life for myself. The Dreamcast is a gorgeous machine, with perfectly matched packaging and interesting accessories. From a gaming perspective, it was at the point where pefect arcade ports were possible, but before the real decline of the American arcade began in earnest (at least in the Midatlantic US), so I could play King of Fighters 1998 in the arcade, then come home and play an almost exact duplicate on my trusty DC. Later, when arcades did finally die locally, I could still play King of Fighters 2001 at home, even though there was no hope of seeing the arcade version. Some of my favorite and most treasured games are also for the Dreamcast. A selection, by no means complete, and in no particular order:

Get Bass, Get Bass 2, and Sega Marine Fishing - originally bought for my wife who at the time was undergoing a weird fishing-nostalgia, Get Bass was a phenomenon in our household. We played it nightly for a month after getting it. The other two were just as good, and were bought without hesitation. Countless hours were logged in the un-air-conditioned living room of our first apartment together, trying to one-up each other by cathing the biggest or smallest or strangest or item-unlockingest fish. We hadn't played Get Bass in at least three years when we started it up about a month ago, only to play it to the exclusion ofseveral brand new titles.

Jet Set Radio - although I can't really discuss it without also bringing up JSRF, this was the one that almost completely changed my musical taste. I bought both soundtracks, along with the soundtrack for Ollie King, a demi-sequel, and I listen to them at least weekly. I don't think a game has ever changed me as much as this one has, all joking and hyperbole aside. And to think I paid $9 for it. Game wise it's nearly perfect, as is its sequel. The commands for tagging were a stroke of genius, and are the only things missing from JSRF. More that anything, though, is the feeling of lightness, freedom, and speed. Driving around the morning after playing made me want to grind everything along the route to work-- powerlines, fences, rooftops.

Bakunetsu Muteki Bangaioh - Nothing is better when you only have five minutes to play before dinner is ready, or before you leave for work. Eschewing it in favor of (slightly) lesser fare like Kikaioh when I had the chance to buy it new for $50, I was forced to pick it up for a painful $80 from eBay a year or so ago because I wouldn't settle for the shittily translated US version. It's fun shooting joy. There doesn't have to be any strategy if you don't want there to be-- you just shoot everything. Incredible, and worth the $80.

Capcom vs SNK 2 - I'll announce that I have no one to play against in 2D fighters, so many of the complaints I've heard about CvsS2 collapse from my point of view. Like most of the 2D fighters for the DC, I got this shipped to me as soon as it was released. And, by the way, it's a stand in, in general, for all the 2D DC fighting games out there, so I don't have to write about a dozen individually. Light years beyond CvsS1 in both variety and appearance, the first run of CvsS2 came with a bonus CD containing character art and save states for most of the other Capcom fighting games out there, with everything unlocked. Nice. It was extremely satisfying to go through and play this game with every character combination imaginable. Since the early days of SNK fighters, I had been hoping for something like this, and it didn't disappoint me.

Shikigami no Shiro 2 - This has since come domestically to the PS2, but at the time I bought this there was little hope that it would. Almost none of the recently released 2D shooters released in Japan have made it here. Without a Japanese PS2 to play them, and with PS2 mods being laughably inaccessible, I've gotten many of these for the DC. It looked for a while likethe Gamecube might usurp the Dreamcast's role of shooter heaven (Ikaruga and Chaos Field to name two), few shooters hame made it, period, to that console. I could write all day and still not mention all my treasured shooters for the Dreamcast, so I'll stop here.

I could go on and list many, many more. Maybe I will later, but I think my point has been made.

So again, why Saturn < Dreamcast? Again from a personal perspective, when I first got my Saturn, about six months after its US release, I was in the throws of a full-fledged gaming obsession. I was staying in a rathole, living from paltry paycheck to paycheck, and often foregoing food to buy 'that game' for the Saturn. I can still recall buying Saturn SOTN with the last of my money and subsequestly finding after it came that as a result a check I had written and forgotten about had cleared, overdrawing my checking account. And I could go on. But that Saturn (along with my Neo Geo cart system-- need I go there?) is long sold for a ludicrously low price so that I could afford to repair my car and thus be able to go to work.

While I love my brand new Saturn and games which I received this year as a gift, they don't have that special cast of fond memories that my good old Dreamcast and games do.The Saturn was a great system with great games, no doubt about it. But the Dreamcast was a great system with great games at a great time, at least for me.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangaioh is a magic thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wourme, that badge design is excellent. I'm surprised it says "River Raiders" instead of "River Raid", is there a reason? Also: I respect your cat's mutton chops.

I would like to talk entirely about fishing games some time. I have never played a proper fishing game, but I have this weird feeling that a good one would be really fun.
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably could have posted this in the current thread, but here's a picture of my copy of Rhyme Rider Kerorikan signed by Matsuura Masaya of Parappa fame:

-Wes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

signed by the members of digital eel:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine would be:

Castlevania-Symphony Of The Night
Oddworld-Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Disgaea-Hour Of Darkness
Castlevania-Aria Of Sorrow
Bushido Blade 1
kingmobster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lackey wrote:
Loom for PC:
I love the story, setting, and characters of this game, and I still have the box manual and everything in pristine condition. I used to play this game once a year, when I was a kid, and I think it might still be the only game that really made me feel.

Ooh, I used to have this as well. The CD version though. I must have played through it ten times.

And on that note, here are a few other PC games that I would count as treasures of my collection if they hadnīt disappeared or got sold/exchanged for new games:

System Shock 2 - marvellous game. This kind of gameplay has never been done as good as this. I donīt care if people like Deus Ex better. They must be wrong. Sold it. Bought it again. Lent it to a friend and never got it back Sad

Ultima 6 & 7 - Two of the best RPGs ever made. I sold no 7. Donīt know what happened to no 6.

I do have a few games left though:

Druid C64 - I used to play this with my sister. I was the druid and she played the golem. It was a christams gift I think.

Nemesis C64 - The game I played the most on my C64. Not exactly the best port, but I didnīt know that then Wink

Mars Matrix DC - My first import shooter. I still play it quite often.

Dodonpachi PS1 - In great condition. The one I payed the most for. No, I donīt own a Saturn and hence have never needed to resist the urge to buy Radiant Silvergun. However, I daily need to fight the urge to buy a Saturn. That would ruin me.

Devil May Cry 3 PS2 - Newly aquired gem. This game is so good it defies explanation.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingmobster wrote:
System Shock 2 - marvellous game. This kind of gameplay has never been done as good as this. I donīt care if people like Deus Ex better. They must be wrong. Sold it. Bought it again. Lent it to a friend and never got it back Sad

I use to think that I had played SS2 for a long time. Then recently my Dad pulled out all of our remaining old computer games and it turns out I had only played SS1. Knowing I loved the game I really want to play the second now. Anyone know of an easier way to play this than attempting DOS emu, which I have a hell of a time with.
ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lust after the CD version of Loom with a burning passion.

I just bought Sentinel Returns for the PSX yesterday. $7 Canadian. Finally, EB turns out to be good for something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JasonMoses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApM wrote:

I just bought Sentinel Returns for the PSX yesterday. $7 Canadian. Finally, EB turns out to be good for something.

It was in EB yesterday for $2. I passed it up to buy Evil Zone for $3. I like to think I made the right decision. It's probably still there, right?
EightBit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shapermc wrote:
kingmobster wrote:

I use to think that I had played SS2 for a long time. Then recently my Dad pulled out all of our remaining old computer games and it turns out I had only played SS1. Knowing I loved the game I really want to play the second now. Anyone know of an easier way to play this than attempting DOS emu, which I have a hell of a time with.

Actually it ran just dandy on my very current PC without any DOS emulation. I guess Im in the opposite position as you are... I've only played two, and want to go back and try the first.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a win 2000/xp runaround for ss2 on the looking glass forums.

here ya go

bioshock has me salivating slightly. or at least hopeful.

i played quake 2 last night. don't know why.

but there's a good chance ss2 won't run for you. i can't play ss1 anymore because of my audio card driver issues (maudio's soundblaster emulation is hit or miss for win98/95 era games). which is too bad cause that game is golden. same thing with ultima underworlds 1 and 2.
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonMoses wrote:
ApM wrote:

It was in EB yesterday for $2. I passed it up to buy Evil Zone for $3. I like to think I made the right decision. It's probably still there, right?

Man, just buy both. What are you thinking?

EBs in the US sell games for $2? Shit. I regularly see thrift stores here charging $5 for loose Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt carts and $3 for loose Combat carts.

dhex wrote:
i played quake 2 last night. don't know why.

This is the only way to play Quake 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wourme

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApM wrote:
EBs in the US sell games for $2? Shit. I regularly see thrift stores here charging $5 for loose Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt carts and $3 for loose Combat carts.

Thrift stores never seem to know how to price video games. When I used to frequent thrift stores just to look for video games, I'd sometimes see rare NES games thrown in with 8-tracks and going for 50 cents or so. Other times, very common 2600 cartridges were $5-$10.

I've been surprised at some of the good deals at EBGames. Recently, I got Gekioh, Shooter Starfighter Sanvein, Shooter Space Shot, and Jumping Flash! for less than $10 USD total. All in very good shape, though used.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so how is jumping flash!? i'm really curious.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It holds up surprisingly well today. It was marvelous back when it first came out, too.

Quote:
Man, just buy both. What are you thinking?

I was thinking "man, I only have enough money for these games. Guess I have to leave out Sentinel (it'll be here when I come back in a couple days, anyway)"
dessgeega

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonMoses wrote:
(it'll be here when I come back in a couple days, anyway)

you'd better hope it is.

for all of our sakes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
so how is jumping flash!? i'm really curious.

Well, I've had Jumping Flash 2 for years, and I really like it. In fact, it was the first 3D polygon game that I found I could tolerate. I haven't played the first one nearly as much, it being a recent acquisition and all, but they seem to be very similar.

You can jump very high, and then you can double-jump even higher, landing on, for instance, giant floating turtles and whales. They really did well with the sense of height and distance.
kingmobster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently System Shock 2 was being developed for the Dreamcast, but got cancelled. According to wiki anyway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock#System_Shock_2). That would have been interesting.
Persona-sama
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas 2004 I met Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa and gave them a box of tangerines. They gave my friend and me their blessings on various objects.

I wrote about it here::
http://grapejuice.lean-forward.com/aoikoi/articles/yojikoji.html

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persona-sama wrote:

Christmas 2004 I met Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa and gave them a box of tangerines. They gave my friend and me their blessings on various objects.

You win
dessgeega

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been meaning to post this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dess? Who dat?

-Wes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be seth "fingers" flynn barkan, author of blue wizard is about to die.
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that any good, or is it as deadly as the poetry excerpts would indicate?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's pretty fantastic, actually.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persona-sama wrote:

I wrote about it here::
http://grapejuice.lean-forward.com/aoikoi/articles/yojikoji.html

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Shocked
Persona-sama
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
been meaning to post this.

I met him!
He's a very awesome guy. I wish I was old enough to go drinking with him.

Lackey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I have a friend who really likes Serious Sam, so I got him an autographed photo of John Dick, the guy who does the voice for Serious Sam in the games. It said "to Alex, my most serious fan."

Ahem, I don't have a picture.
SuperWes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met that guy! He was in line behind me at the Half Life 2 booth a few years ago at E3. He seemed really odd...

-Wes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ever talked to him on ICQ, we both worked on Egoboo for awhile.
Faithless

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most treasured games:

Heart of the Alien for the SegaCD. It's the sequel to Out of this World/Another World, and though the game is inferior in nearly every way, it still holds a spot close to my heart for the melancholy ending.

Christmas NiGHTs on Saturn. I'm a registration junkie, and had the Sega Visions Magazine from back in the Master System days. I don't even think I could read when I started getting that mag. But XmASNigHTs came free with the magazine, and I adore it completely.

Bram Stoker's Dracula Sega CD. Umm ... it's not a treasure, right? Because you can find it cheap, right? But if you have played the game, its use of FMV backgrounds is actually pretty cool.

Waterworldfor the Virtual Boy. Okay, again, not a treasure in the classic sense, but it's just such a great conversation piece. "Hey, try out this game," I giggle as a friend pulls up to the table and peers into the red goggles. Everyone tries it because ... it's 3-D Waterworld. That's like playing a Howard the Duck Dating Sim.
SuperWes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faithless wrote:
That's like playing a Howard the Duck Dating Sim.

Now there's a licensed game I can stand behind.

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faithless wrote:
Heart of the Alien for the SegaCD. It's the sequel to Out of this World/Another World, and though the game is inferior in nearly every way, it still holds a spot close to my heart for the melancholy ending.

Not to mention the melancholy beginning. Did Eric Chahi have much to do with that one, do you know? I have a lot of respect for the man after reading this interview. I love that he painted his own box art! Its a nice painting too.
ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That interview wrote:
I was involved in Heart of the Alien only at the level of the initial concept; Interplay looked after the rest. I was disappointed by the result, and I felt they were taking the suspense away and removing the aura of mystery which suffused the last scenes of the game.

I wish my Genesis pads weren't so horrible so that I could properly play it.

I still remember finding Heart of the Alien in a thrift store for $5, having it slowly dawn on me that someone must have brought in a SegaCD system, and then rushing over to the "expensive stuff under glass" section where they were just putting it out. Best Value Village trip ever.

Almost as good was finding bags of boxed Atari ST games for $2 each, and snagging a mint copy of MidiMaze, with manual and everything. Now if only I knew someone else with an Atari ST...
Lackey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of MIDI Maze by reputation alone, but I think that's pretty awesome.
ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a copy of the fantastically ambitious yet tragically flawed Sentient, for PSX, for $6.

This is the screenshot I remember from the reviews of yore:

I haven't played it yet, and I may not even end up liking it very much, but I'm glad I own it.
Lackey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That face is pretty disturbing actually.

I've heard a lot of strange, vague things about this game. If you'd be willing to play it I'd like to hear more.
purplechair

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh fuck yes! I read right through this thread thinking "The only game I own that I might consider a treasure is Sentient", and then it turns up on the last page!

Sentient is like a plane that only goes 2 feet off the ground, but it exists in a world full of cars. It was incredibly ambitious, but it wasn't really very good at most of the things it tried to do. It felt like there was a total fucking revolution sitting somewhere inside the design, and it was a shame that the finished game was almost entirely dull as fuck to play.

The biggest problem is that you're always no more than an hour away from one catastrophe or another. You have to finish the game within about 2 or 3 hours. But during that time, you're free to do whatever you want. For example, right at the start, you're put in quanantine and told to wait around to be discharged. If you've got a rebellious streak, you might think "What happens if I sneak out through the automatic doors when another character is using them?" Well... if you can think it, you can do it! The omnipresent computer starts issuing security warnings, and angry station guards start chasing you round with stun guns. The plot will twist and bend according to your actions, and it feels like the writers have forseen everything you could possibly do.

It just seems like, in doing so, they didn't want to let you have any real play time, to just mess around with all the complex social and technological systems that are built into the station. You can log onto the ship's power grid and turn off the solar shielding and let everyone burn to a crisp, or develop little relationships with particular crew members (I was always a real bastard to Kamik Seral, or whatever his name is). You just don't have the time to really indulge in these activities. Every item on the ship is used in one part of the story or another - nothing is there just as an optional plaything. About 80% of the ship is just empty rooms with no real function - I think there's still a couple of decks I've never been granted access to.

I dunno. I feel like I could talk about it for hours, and it's time for bed, so sorry if this is all a bit incoherent. It just seemed like a masterstroke of interactive storytelling. You can play it through at least 3 or 4 times and get a radically different game, depending on if you happened to be in a certain place in a certain time, or how much trouble you give the security guards. There's a engineer cowering in his room somewhere who fucking shoots you with a stun gun when you find him, because he thinks the medical staff (of which you are one) are conspiring against him. That's brilliant! Or those bizarre dream sequences where you're in some celestial cloud land and running through hedge mazes - I've found at least three of those, and only the first one is mandatory. For all I know, there's three more I haven't found.

I've finished it with all the commonly-known endings, but there's one thing about that game that's been bugging me for years. I swear to God, I had one game where an engineer came up to me right towards the end of the game and told me the engineers had a plan to build some missiles and BLOW UP THE SUN. I picked up the kenyon samples he asked me to fetch (the ones behind the forcefield - you'll see them sooner or later), but ran out of time while trying to find where to take them, and never found out what happened next. I have found no references to this ending anywhere and I am dying to know what happens!

So yeah. Sentient. It's not a great game to play, but it's a fucking great game to swap stories about. Like the time I got trapped in Azzira's shower by 8 crew members who had come to give me messages and had broken each others' pathfinding algorithms by being in such a confined space together. I HAD TO RESTART THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME. Shall I shut up about Sentient now? Okay.

My only other possession of note (unless I think of anything else) is my GBA signed by Shigeru Miyamoto. I'm sure I had a picture somewhere round here, but I guess it's on my other computer and you'll have to wait until I go home for Christmas (if you want to see it, anyway).

Edit: Jesus, I just remembered one time when the engineers abducted me and I was left HUNG FROM THE CEILING BY MY ANKLES while Garrilac (chief engineer) questioned me.

Edit: Also, there's a big red button marked "Do Not Push", hidden in one of the rooms on the engineering decks. You should totally push it Wink
chompers po pable

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread dess...

Radiant Silvergun - I remember purchasing Ikaruga and playing the heck out of it about three years ago, shortly after deciding to get a DC over a PS2 or an Xbox. My buddy explained that it was supposedly a good game made by a company called Treasure etc. After playing Ikaruga I never really looked back. Shortly after getting the DC, I remembered how much fun NiGHTS was and vowed to the cold and relentless glare of the stars that I would own a Saturn. I found one for cheap and after a year or so of owning it, I sat at the computer one night, and impulsively (I would like a video of me doing this. Out of control, people. sad) picked up a copy of the game that I had wanted ever since I played Ikaruga that beautiful, fateful day long ago.

Guardian Heroes NA - another one that I had wanted for a good while, and it is worth the money...I love the artist that worked on this and Radiant. Gorgeous stuff. Treasure for the Saturn is about as good as it gets.

Alien Soldier EU - A birthday present from my loving parents. While waiting for it to arrive in the mail, I masterfully (for me, at least) installed a 50-60Hz switch in my model one. I enjoyed that little project, and I enjoyed playing Alien soldier so much that I killed a set of AV cords. Fun stuff.

I also love my PC Engine.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chompers po pable wrote:
I also love my PC Engine.

yes!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApM wrote:
I just bought a copy of the fantastically ambitious yet tragically flawed Sentient, for PSX, for $6.

This is the screenshot I remember from the reviews of yore:

I haven't played it yet, and I may not even end up liking it very much, but I'm glad I own it.

I feel like I need this game. I have a high tolerance for broken gameplay (I used to try to emulate snes games on a 66 mhz powermac), so definitely up my alley.
Lackey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now thorougly intrigued. Is this very hard to find?
ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sawtooth wrote:
I feel like I need this game. I have a high tolerance for broken gameplay (I used to try to emulate snes games on a 66 mhz powermac), so definitely up my alley.

Well, you might have noticed where my link went.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: