The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any charitable groups in nyc need a large format printer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: any charitable groups in nyc need a large format printer? Reply with quote

full title should be: know any charitable groups in nyc that need a large format printer?

ok, so we're getting a new 44" epson and we have a 24" we're looking to pass along to another nonprofit in the area.

before i toss up the usual links on idealist and the like, i thought i'd give you all a try. you may know someone who knows someone. we'd transfer printer, rip and some media (vinyl, posterboard and photo paper) as well as whatever inks we have left (quite a few). the receipient will have to pay for freight (it's about 175lbs, and rather unweildy if you're going the stair route, so don't do that) and figure that'll cost the org about 200 bucks.

i have to doublecheck with those higher up about other fees but my boss was rather emphatic about transferring it to another not for profit. it's about six years old, in immaculate condition and will run off of osX as well as windows 2k/xp machines. it can be set up directly via usb or networked using ethernet. i have never been able to get it to print bleeds but considering you can make a 24x30 poster for 10 bucks, it's a good deal. i can probably at least help set it up and do a quick demo, depending on my schedule at the time. we made back the original cost of this printer in 15 months of light printing work, and you should be able to get inks for it for at least another 2 years minimum. it cuts costs on printed signage by a good 90%. it does not, however, support archival inks, so you're looking at a shorter lifespan in direct sunlight and artificial lights. keep this in mind.

we are currently checking with one of the local religious institutions that runs a shelter/immigration outreach program, so they have first dibs. i don't know if they have the infrastructure or room for something like this (it's huge) but if you find anyone, send them my way.

email dhex ATREMOVENOSPAMMY gmail DOT com

thanks guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: