The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chibi-Robo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Chibi-Robo? Reply with quote

So what's the buzz surrounding Chibi-Robo? Is it worth buying -IF you can still find it anywhere or is it just another interesting curiosity.
DaleNixon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks.
OtakupunkX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading good things about it from someone on here. It might have been Wes.

Personally, I've never tried it, but since it's cheaper now (I think) I might have to give it a go when I have money.
Updated the banners, but not his title
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really good. DaleNixon doesn't know what he's talking about. Read my article in issue 5 to learn more about it!

As far as Skip games go, it's probably the one most deserving of a widespread release. As far as finding it goes, I'm pretty sure you can find it cheap if you look hard for it, but it's on its way out. I tried to find a copy for someone yesterday as a Christmas gift and Best Buy was out.

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a review of it for eurogamer; it's linked here:

http://www.mathewkumar.com/2006/11/13/187/

I loved it very much.
Viewer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it--the characters had a lot of personality to them, and I thought the plot moved well. What really set me off was when Jenny wouldn't leave her frog mask off, even after I collected all the frog rings twice! And then once I collected all of them and left the room, THEY RETURNED TO THE EXACT SAME LOCATION THEY WERE BEFORE.

That was the instant I became sick of the game, when it was made perfectly clear my efforts were worthless.
wourme

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had put off buying Chibi-Robo for along time, even after playing it for ten minutes or so at a friend's house, because I was skeptical that a game about cleaning a house could remain interesting, even if there were some obstacles or whatever. But when it got down to $15 with free shipping, I couldn't resist.

And there's much more to the game than I expected. It remained kind of slow and plodding all the way through, but it really was interesting and very original.

I just now read the article in Gamer's Quarter issue 5, and I agree that CR addresses things I haven't really seen in a video game before, even if somewhat superficially in places. In that way, it kind of reminds me of Silent Hill 2. Of course, it's also about the farthest possible thing from Silent Hill 2 in many ways.

Still doesn't top Steambot Chronicles for my favorite video game of 2006, though.

Edit: I agree that there should be some sort of warning that when things "reset," nothing comes of doing them the second time. It would be different if there were locations that were extremely tricky to reach and items were hidden in those places after you finished the game in some sort of clearly optional bonus game.

Edit: Okay, I just finished the dinosaur/flowers sequence. I guess the death and suicide weren't quite what they seemed after all. It was still pretty interesting that they included them, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: