The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Girlfriends to Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
1. The first Devil May Cry isn't really very difficult at all.
TRUTH!

Well not until about half way through Dante Must Die mode it's not.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
TheRumblefish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
SuperWes wrote:
1. The first Devil May Cry isn't really very difficult at all.
TRUTH!

Well not until about half way through Dante Must Die mode it's not.

It's been almost two years since I played through that game. I'll give it another go, and see if anything's changed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably would have enjoyed Devil May Cry, even with it's totally insanely stupid difficulty, if only they'd given you three lives to continue with every time you died. I hold it against games games when there's a chance I could spend hours getting nearly to the end only to find I've used too many items to beat it. I HATE the concept of beating a stage, and then saying, "Shit, continued too many times," and having to restart an old save. That kind of difficulty just strikes me as onerous - either you fuck yourself at the end, or you're so prudent you arrive at the last stage with way too many items. It doesn't seem like an organic process and I don't understand how some people can find it enjoyable. Using Saves to go back in time and repeat events to prevent gameplay calamities arising from a lack of supplies should not be a required part of an action adventure experience.
Persona-sama
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
Zack wrote:
I came home from my evening job today to find that my fiancee has deleted most of my Tales of Symphonia saves (it was their time to go) and my Pikmin save (we are going to have to have a talk, me and her) to make room for her new save for Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, which she has been playing for probably 6 hours. She's apparently never had to manage memory card data before.

My wife is playing Magical Melody too. She is really enjoying it. Where did she end up picking to put her house?

So, uh, can someone tell me about this new Harvest Moon game? I think I'll buy it and Outrun once my movie is done. I've been in the mood for some mindless repetitive farming action!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mister Toups
Hates your favorite videogame
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

showka wrote:
I probably would have enjoyed Devil May Cry, even with it's totally insanely stupid difficulty, if only they'd given you three lives to continue with every time you died. I hold it against games games when there's a chance I could spend hours getting nearly to the end only to find I've used too many items to beat it. I HATE the concept of beating a stage, and then saying, "Shit, continued too many times," and having to restart an old save. That kind of difficulty just strikes me as onerous - either you fuck yourself at the end, or you're so prudent you arrive at the last stage with way too many items. It doesn't seem like an organic process and I don't understand how some people can find it enjoyable. Using Saves to go back in time and repeat events to prevent gameplay calamities arising from a lack of supplies should not be a required part of an action adventure experience.

Well, you do realize that you can BUY extra lives, and that most of the stages are so short that continuing is a big problem anyways. When you get to a point where you're at a tricky point, it pays to buy a few extra lives to get you through.

I usually go through the game on zero lives.

Also, I totally agree with Wes RE: ninja gaiden vs. DMC3.
Kinuko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I play more videogames than my boyfriend. And I'm definitely way more into the whole gaming culture than he is. He's definitely more thorough with the games he does play though; I don't finish a lot of games, whereas he makes a point to get and do everything in a game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: