The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy V-Day!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaBeeWilliams
Beatnik
Beatnik

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Happy V-Day!! Reply with quote

Hugs and Kisseeees~s!!
OOOXXX

Happy Valentines, guys!! Smile

I thought we could use another, "How's the weather?'-like thread, so share what you love currently.

To speak for myself, I love dragons, slow walks in the rain, assorted sandwhiches(mostly ones with turkey or bacon), Tetris, creative writing, certain anthropomorphic artists, being able to say 'anthropomorphic', getting up early, and really just a bunch of goofy teenage stuff like this. I love how I was able to kept some sanity when I moved from a nowhere town in Alabama. But I can't say that I love being furry becasue I can't put a direct descrption on it just yet, which is odd to me. Confused
All I know is that dragons are "purdee" and I hope to draw them well enough some day.

Well, you've heard from me, so let's here from you, love.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy V-Day!

Right now I love reading. Just got done with The Great Gatsby a couple days ago and I'll probably start The Complete Stories of Franz Kafka tomorrow at school between classes. I've got a lot of books that I intend to read this year and I'm going to enjoy trying to fit thme all into my shcedule.

I also love Konami, as it's Konami Week over at Insert Credit. I love the music in the Konami games and I'm listening to some right now. I love expressive writing and I love sitting here in my room typing that I love expressive writing.

I also love the cool breeze that is coming in through my open window. I'm going to love it even more when it's officially spring and I can leave my window open all the time. I love how it's been so rainy and droll lately. I find cool grey skies calming, relaxing. I love the lazy drizzle that paints everything with a slick, rainbow shine. However, right now I'm loving how sunny and bright out it is. It feels like a true spring day. If it's this nice out tomorrow I might read outside.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love video games, I love reading, I love music, I love my wife and I love talking about all of them.

Also I just finished a book recently if you want to know more on that go to my LJ. I read a bit, but I use to read more before I got into manga late last year.
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shapermc wrote:
I read a bit, but I use to read more before I got into manga late last year.

I hear you on the reading thing. I read a lot more before I started reading Comic books and Manga.

I love Video Games, I love my girlfriend Christina , I love music, I love Jesus, I love my family, I love my friends, I love learning, but most imporantly...

I love the Power Glove (it's so bad).

-Wes
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
I love Jesus
Shit! I completly forgot about God! Holy crap.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shapermc wrote:
SuperWes wrote:
I love Jesus

It's cool. He's still loves you either way.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Mechanical wrote:
shapermc wrote:
SuperWes wrote:
I love Jesus

It's cool. He's still loves you either way.

That is the coolest part, no?
Mister Toups
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed it is.

I love my friends. I love fucking konami week. I love chili garlic sauce.

Um. That's it for now.
Persona-sama
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, uh, is The Gamer's Quarter live yet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persona-sama wrote:
So, uh, is The Gamer's Quarter live yet?

Noon today... about 4 more hours. I still need to clean up the forum a bit.
seryogin
JRPG Kommissar
JRPG Kommissar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Angry Atheist chimes in:

God is Dead!!!!
Mister Toups

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may comment upon the "God is Dead" thing.

It's always struck me as a silly way to declare atheism. If you mean it literally, then, what, was God alive at one point? And if he was, how can he truly die? It's not like Tinkerbell, where if all the chilrden stop believing in him, he ceases to exist.

And if you mean it figuratively, well. Hell. You are talking about a major philosophical decision as if it was fashion. "God is SO dead as well as FUR, which is SO 2004".

I guess it's got good shock value. I just wish atheists would go for something a bit more substantial.
seryogin
JRPG Kommissar
JRPG Kommissar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quoting Nietzsche, in a way that should've been perceived as slightly ironic. Ironic, because, as you'll see below, Nietzsche meant something a lot different. Here's the full quote:

Nietzsche wrote:
Have you not heard of that madman who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the market-place, and cried incessantly: "I am looking for God! I am looking for God!"
As many of those who did not believe in God were standing together there, he excited considerable laughter. Have you lost him, then? said one. Did he lose his way like a child? said another. Or is he hiding? Is he afraid of us? Has he gone on a voyage? or emigrated? Thus they shouted and laughed. The madman sprang into their midst and pierced them with his glances.

Where has God gone?" he cried. "I shall tell you. We have killed him - you and I. We are his murderers. But how have we done this? How were we able to drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What did we do when we unchained the earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving now? Away from all suns? Are we not perpetually falling? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there any up or down left? Are we not straying as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is it not more and more night coming on all the time? Must not lanterns be lit in the morning? Do we not hear anything yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we not smell anything yet of God's decomposition? Gods too decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we, murderers of all murderers, console ourselves? That which was the holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet possessed has bled to death under our knives. Who will wipe this blood off us? With what water could we purify ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we not ourselves become gods simply to be worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whosoever shall be born after us - for the sake of this deed he shall be part of a higher history than all history hitherto."

Here the madman fell silent and again regarded his listeners; and they too were silent and stared at him in astonishment. At last he threw his lantern to the ground, and it broke and went out. "I have come too early," he said then; "my time has not come yet. The tremendous event is still on its way, still travelling - it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder require time, the light of the stars requires time, deeds require time even after they are done, before they can be seen and heard. This deed is still more distant from them than the distant stars - and yet they have done it themselves."

It has been further related that on that same day the madman entered divers churches and there sang a requiem. Led out and quietened, he is said to have retorted each time: "what are these churches now if they are not the tombs and sepulchres of God?"

If you want my actual opinion on the matter. No, I don't worship any deity. I'd get into why... but, hell, this is a VIDEOGAME forum.
Mister Toups

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must you reveal my status as a philosophical dilettante??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: