The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question to the 360 owners out there...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonMarco

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Question to the 360 owners out there... Reply with quote

So what should we call the non-360-owning gamers out there? Like you remember that episode of Family Guy where Peter gets surgery and is super-handsome. Then he tell Lois that they (the Handome People Club) call the regular people "normies"? I think we, as proud 360 owners, should develop a slur to insult the non-360 gamers. To me it doesn't matter who wants one or doesn't want one or is wait on this system or that. All I know is they're NOT one of us. So what should we call them?

Seeing as how the PS2 (both models released in the states) and the Xbox were black, along with at least one of the GameCube colors. How about "Blackies"? Or maybe just "Darkies"? See, the 360, PS3 and at least one color of the Revolution is going to be white, so the HD-generation of gamers will be "Lighties" or perhaps "Whiteys".

I think it could catch on. Sample conversation in IRC:

<EndlessChris> Dude you should jump on MGO and play with us
<DonMarco> MGO?
<EndlessChris> Metal Gear 3 Online. you bought it right?
<DonMarco> Well I'm playing Oblivion now, and some GRAW later on...
<EndlessChris> Dude, lame.
<DonMarco> I don't feel like getting offline so I can play with you darkies.
<EndlessChris> What?
<DonMarco> I'm better than you. I have a 360.

Being a Whitey will kick ass, trust me. All we got to do is pass this on or maybe see what other 360 owners think about it. You Darkies can stay out of this thread.

ps: ha ha.
Scratchmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if we have a dark 360?
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is cute, and by cute i mean it's not cute at all, but you seem to think it is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratchmonkey wrote:
What if we have a dark 360?

Impossible! Even the dev kits are a light-darkish-grey.

And Grey ain't black.

dessgeega wrote:
this is cute, and by cute i mean it's not cute at all, but you seem to think it is.

Congradulations, you are number 1. The slightly more awesome approximation of this thread can be found at IC. BB posted it on my behalf and I'll send him a box of peanut butter to show him my appreciation. :)
Tablesaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Question to the 360 owners out there... Reply with quote

You do realize that the time stamps on posts changes for time zones, so when you post so early in the morning, you can't be certain what date others will see on your message.
sawtooth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonMarco wrote:

dessgeega wrote:

Congradulations, you are number 1. The slightly more awesome approximation of this thread can be found at IC. BB posted it on my behalf and I'll send him a box of peanut butter to show him my appreciation. Smile

it got a wonderful reception Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Question to the 360 owners out there... Reply with quote

Tablesaw wrote:
You do realize that the time stamps on posts changes for time zones, so when you post so early in the morning, you can't be certain what date others will see on your message.

12:25am EST.

Sweet, IC is up to 22 responses. Even Jiji chimed in! Yay! Man, I love Jiji.
OtakupunkX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Question to the 360 owners out there... Reply with quote

DonMarco wrote:
Seeing as how the PS2 (both models released in the states) and the Xbox were black, along with at least one of the GameCube colors. How about "Blackies"? Or maybe just "Darkies"? See, the 360, PS3 and at least one color of the Revolution is going to be white, so the HD-generation of gamers will be "Lighties" or perhaps "Whiteys".

Heh. That could have un-politically correct connotations later on.

If my school wasn't on the verge of a race riot right now I totally wouldn't have noticed that.

I'm proud to be a "Blacky" or a "Darky" or whatever. Mainly because I don't have the funds to be a "Whitey".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: