The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SuperWes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: SuperWes Reply with quote

Hey, I'm Wes, the Legend of Site Master according to my rank. This site was put together in my spare time to promote what I feel could be the start of a new generation in game appreciation and criticism. I have high hopes that The Gamer's Quarter can and will become a unique magazine that is able to build up a community of gamers that love and appreciate video gaming's past, present, and extremely bright future. The Gamer's Quarter staff shares a creativity and passion that spreads beyond their television screens and computer monitors into their hearts and minds, and subsequently onto the paper (or .pdf file) that you will find linked on the front page. Only if this passion can be felt as you read the pages have we succeeded. We hope you like it, and we hope you'll come back.

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent the weekend working with Shaper on getting a page layout put together for the magazine. This was the first time I've gotten a chance to look at many of the articles our staff has written and I must say that I am vastly impressed with everything that I've seen so far. When these articles have been formatted into a thing of even higher beauty and put into some sort of undetermined print, I think we'll have something that could really take off.

Cross your fingers everyone, we're only a week away from the preview article, and just 3 weeks away from the release of the first issue!

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Mr. Mechanical's Blogish post thingy style area place (huh?) he mentions that his "old standby" is Grand Theft Auto.

I too have an old standby, and believe it or not, mine is even more embarrassing than his if that's even possible. The game I can play whenever and wherever, and for however long on whatever day is any oddly numbered game in the Tony Hawk series.

Told you it was embarrassing.

Yes, the extreme game genre came and went for most people (Hell, it didn't even come at all for a lot of people), but I personally can't get enough of it. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland is the game I've been spending most of my Xbox 360 time with and as much as I try to give other games a chance, I just keep getting pulled back in.

This new version plays the same as any other version, but the overall level design is better than it's ever been, the goals are just varied enough to be consistently fun, and the art and graphics are really, really bad. Embarrassingly bad even. There's a punk rock girl you meet when first starting the game that is so terribly modeled that if it weren't for her voice you might think she was a cross-dresser. Looking beyond the graphics, the game itself feels like a throwback to the Tony Hawk's of olde. You can still get off of your board and walk around, but they finally touched up the controls so that it is now fun to do so. They also got rid of all of the badly implemented driving missions, tennis matches, and non-skateboarding stuff that they've been sneaking in since part 4. You can ride a bike and do bike missions, but so far these have been totally optional and although I haven't done any of them really, the biking stuff seems to be well implemented.

The big marketing bullet point in American Wasteland is the new "free roaming" environment. The actual implementation of this is laughably transparent. The "free roaming" aspect basically consists of several large environments that are held together by long tunnels that mask the loading times. Thankfully these tunnels are pretty fun to go through, and they feel kind of like the downhill Tony Hawk levels of parts 1 through 3. You can grind your way through these tunnels and build up pretty big lines. At least its better than looking at a loading screen.

What I love about Tony Hawk is that finding lines and using them to build up combos and score runs is incredibly addictive and it's something that I'm good at. Pulling off a 200,000 point combo takes skill and effort and in the end it looks like something worthy of a speed run video. It's a primarily solo game that is rewarding in the same way as a multiplayer game because you can always try to beat your best combo. Even while doing something as simple as traveling from place to place I find myself starting a combo that I refuse to drop and I'll try to keep it going so long that I forget what I originally meant to do. There are always new lines to find, new challenges to meet, new levels to create, new moves to make, new tags to spray, and enough variety to keep you busy even when you're bored with just skating.

But really, I'm not sure if I'll ever tire of "just" skating.

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Hawk 1 was exceptionally addictive.

It's just so easy to get into the swing of it, the control of the motion and mastering the environment is very satisfying. I've never played any of the later games because they all seemed to be suffering from feature glut.

Oh yeah, I borrowed the disk from a friend and didn't return it for like three years. To be fair, he didn't ask for it.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
The game I can play whenever and wherever, and for however long on whatever day is any oddly numbered game in the Tony Hawk series.

That's not embarrassing at all! I think you'd like the Classic Mode on Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (edit-and you already mention it like two sentences into your post. That's what I get for not reading the whole thing before posting myself!). I'm playing it right now and it's great fun! It is very Tony Hawk 2 in spirit and execution. It's still simple and easy to get into, what with the two minute runs and all, and the stages are bigger and have more things to do in them.

And hey, the story mode isn't too bad either!

Though the series has sadly taken a preference towards grinding all over the place to score mega points and leaving wannabe trick masters like me left to spin my six year old wheels all over the place. Seriously, in one area I needed to score a lot of points in a short order of time and I just maintained a single grind over a few rails for about ten or twenty seconds, occasionally hopping up and shifting my position on the rail, and I scored hella points! Kind of lame, in my opinion, as there really wasn't that much skill involved beyond making sure the little "balance" arrow stays where it's supposed to stay while you're grinding.

Back in the day my friends and I would all sit around and take turns at Tony Hawk 2, each of us getting two two minute runs to pull off our best shit and impress the hell out of the nonexistant ladies. Some of the guys would always grind and do boring shit like that but I was all about the benihanas, the japan airs, the varial heel flips, the pop shuv-its, and stringing tricks like those together while catching massive air and rotating 720 degrees. Then, in an attempt at humor, some of the other guys would just do regular stuff you see people doing in actual skate parks like skating around and occasionally doing a olly. That's what Tony Hawk is all about to me, right there. The challenge, the laughter, and the blisters on my thumb the next day.
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Mechanical wrote:
And hey, the story mode isn't too bad either!

yes it is.

okay, i could just be annoyed because one of the objectives is to bust up a protest. i thought i was supposed to be playing tony hawk, not the nypd.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, seriously? What are they protesting?
dessgeega

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cruelty against sheep, i believe. bad voice actor: "people will protest anything".

i'll be boycotting this game, if no one minds.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
cruelty against sheep, i believe. bad voice actor: "people will protest anything".

i'll be boycotting this game, if no one minds.

Ha! Dessgeega will protest anything.

-Wes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an e-mail today telling me that I've finally been accepted to the Gaming Age Forums. I signed up for an account I got a message at the time telling me that their 1337 ranks were full at the moment and my account would need to be activated before I could post. That was maybe three years ago. Finally, my perserverence has paid off and someone gave me the thumbs up to begin posting.

So long suckers!
That's a joke by the way, I'll probably never post there, but I wanted to chronicle the day that my account finally went through.
-Wes
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaming age is weird.

it's like rothko before a princess superstar show; plenty of snotty for no discernable reason.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My account has been pending for a little over a year and a half now. Half way there!

The only reason I submitted for one was because I wanted to flame someone...
SuperWes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the fifth issue completed and no immediately pressing concerns on my plate I've actually had the time to play some games!

My gaming orgy began earlier this week with Shining The Holy Ark for the Sega Saturn. Shining The Holy Ark sticks out in my mind as one of the first games that I bought at full price and didn't actually play much of at all. I told myself I'd get around to playing it eventually, and I guess now is the time. For those of you not familiar with the game - and I can't blame you if you're not - Shining The Holy Ark is the spiritual sequel to Shining in the Darkness, which was the very first game in the "Shining" series which eventually spawned Shining Force, one of the earliest and best Strategy RPGs of all time. Follow that? At any rate, Shining The Holy Ark is a first person RPG along the lines of Wizardry for the PC. Normally this is a genre I can't stand, but Shining The Holy Ark has something that most of these games lack - no, certainly not style - an automatic mapping feature. Automapping helps immensely in these types of games because the tile-based first person perspective gameplay is seriously difficult to keep track of.

What struck me immediately upon seeing the game again was how dated the visuals are. Yeah, it's a nine year old game, but that doesn't mean that style and animation were foreign concepts back then. Thankfully, the game's story doesn't seem to have suffered the same fate as the graphics, and although it's built around the requisite RPG clichés, it layers the strangest, most out-of-place elements on top of it, blurring the line between the player, the player-character, and the alien that has possessed the body of the player-character. Yes I'm completely serious. I'm not sure if they'll continue using these concepts later in the game or if it will devolve into fantasy-anime drivel, but they've got me intrigued so far. We'll see if I can muster up the energy to keep playing it.

Other games I've been playing recently are Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Daxter, Metal Gear Ac!d 2, Me and my Katamari, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, and Devil May Cry 3. I also tried out the Tomb Raider Legend Demo for the 360 last night and I'm incredibly impressed.

With Tomb Raider Legend It's like they my favorite things, combined them into a single game, and implemented them extremely well. No, I'm not talking about boob bouncing physics, I'm talking about things like a faux-physics based grappling hook, a design that mixes puzzle solving, platforming, and exploration, and - without a doubt most importantly - the ability to jump around from ledge to ledge like a monkey, giving you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to whether or not you actually made a jump. It just feels incredibly well put together and there's a definite focus on making you feel like you're fighting with the puzzles and challenges instead of the controls. If the first Tomb Raider took the original Prince of Persia, set it in an Indiana Jones setting, and combined it with modern sensibilities, this new Tomb Raider seems to be blazing the same trail using the new Prince of Persia series as a template. I can't wait to see what the full game brings.

I wish I could talk about Devil May Cry 3 but since I'm at work and already wasted time writing the above I'll just have to get around to it later. For now, discuss the above amongst yourselves and talk about how stoopid I am for playing shitty Saturn games and actually liking Tomb Raider.

-Wes

Last edited by SuperWes on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
dessgeega

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
Shining the Holy Ark is the spiritual sequel to Shining in the Darkness, which was the very first game in the "Shining" series which eventually spawned Shining Force, one of the earliest and best Strategy RPGs of all time. Follow that? At any rate, Shining and the Holy Ark is a first person RPG along the lines of Wizardry for the PC. Normally this is a genre I can't stand, but Shining in the Holy Ark has something that most of these games lack

wait, so are they shining the ark, shining in the ark, or just shining and the ark? i'm confused.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
wait, so are they shining the ark, shining in the ark, or just shining and the ark? i'm confused.

Uhh. I knew I'd do that. The name is really stupid so I kinda forget exactly what it is. I think it's officially Shining: The Holy Ark.

-Wes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they're just polishing it up a bit?
SuperWes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in GameStop over the weekend taking advantage of their Buy 2 get 1 free used game sale (I got Kuon, Echo Night: Beyond, and X-Men Legends btw), and I heard something I never thought I'd hear in a GameStop.

Jawbreaker.

Yes Jawbreaker, the best band of all time, was playing on the Playstation 2 demo station. The song was... Uhh... The one about the party. I'm not good with song names. It's on their final album. "Party Song" maybe? Anyways, the game in the demo station surprised me most. It was EA's NCAA football. Yikes! EA Trax put a Jawbreaker song in their football game, probably to appeal to a theoretical "college" audience who still listens to semi-indie music from the late 90s. Awesome.

So I guess EA gets a respect up from me.

Let me also note here for prosperity that the only other time I've heard Jawbreaker music in a game was during one of Tony Hawk 4's cutscenes. When you join a certain skating crew they play that song that goes "wrote you a letter, heard it just upset you." But only for like 10 seconds.

Jawbreaker's making a comeback through video games!

Swimmy, you know what I'm talking about.

-Wes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"West Bay Invitational."

The second song is "Do You Still Hate Me?"

Sorry, I, uh, haven't been on in a while.

"Ayn Rand fans are the old school version of Xenogears fanboys."
-seryogin
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wes, I'm definitely going to get a DS lite, but I need your infinite wisdom in selecting a color that will make me look "cool" to all the other people in the USA. Should I get the navy color? The black? What would YOU get if you were me?
SuperWes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan - SuperWes' Bane wrote:
What would YOU get if you were me?

I'd get pink. Really though, no matter what color you get, you won't be cool for long since every color is destined to hit the US eventually (except for pink).

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo ... I see. So anyways, we had a Japanese class from California visit my school today. Almost every kid in there had either a PSP or a DS ... crazy huh? Out of 21 students, I'd say at least 10 had them.
dark steve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. It's almost like japanese language students are nerds or something.

(protip: we are all nerds)
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! I saw Mother 3 and Mother 1&2 GBA game (or was it DS?) the other day and ALMOST picked it up for you. Only $20. But Sometimes I wonder if I could just buy random games for you (in Japanese even) and send them to you, hoping you'd reimburse me? But then again, I might just get it for you as a present, but what are your criteria for that sorta thing, and how would I know if you had the game already or not?
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wes, I bought a DS Lite and have Metroid Prime: Hunters. Do you have this game and would you like to play against each other one of these days? I will get Mario Kart DS one of these days if you want to play that too.
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Wes, I have a question for you. When you were in Japan did you find a Nintendo Store in Tokyo, or any place that does engravings for something like my DS Lite? Help me out dude!
SuperWes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I don't really play games online very often, but if you ever see me on AIM you might be able to convince me to play with you. As for the engraving, hmm. I'm not sure you can really get it done anywhere. There's a small chance that one of the Pokemon stores does it, but you'd have to check for yourself. Here's the home page, and here's a page that gives the address in English. Good luck!

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I'm finally done (fingers crossed) with my work on the Final Fantasy XII book I can get back to playing some games! I've been playing Okami, Yakuza, Disgaea 2, Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon, Doom, Lego Star Wars II, and Mario vs. DK 2 in my efforts to catch up. Other than Mario vs. DK 2 I've been enjoying all of them immensely.

While working on the book I managed to squeeze in time with a few other games and ended up beating Mario Basketball, Orbital, 99 Nights (with one of the characters), and Starfox Command. They're all not bad, but I'm enjoying the games I'm playing currently a lot more.

I'm really amazed at how many good DS games have been coming out lately. There's Mario Basketball, Rocket Slime, Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon, Cooking Mama, Megaman ZX, Harvest Moon DS, Starfox Command and (if I wanted to import another RPG, which I don't) Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Ever since it's come out, that system seems to have dry spells here and there then breaks out of them with a flood of amazing games. At this point it easily surpassed the SNES as my favorite system of all time. Things bode extremely well for the Wii.

I hesitate to bring up a comparison that's been done to death by now, but the PSP is really struggling to compete and right now. I was hopeful that David Jaffe's make-you-cry HL would come by and somehow redeem the system, but apparently that was canceled in favor of a multiplayer-focused downloadable game for the PS3. This is probably the better decision at this point, but it's almost like Sony isn't even trying to make the system appealing.

Good games like Loco-Roco and Ghosts and Goblins have been coming out lately, but they're charging $40-$50 for them! That's $10-$20 more than I'm willing to pay for a portable game, and I'm sure that I'm not alone. If Sony would just lower their game prices by that $10 I'd be buying twice as many games for the system, but right now they have me keeping an eye out for price drops on games that I would normally just drop the cash down on without thinking. If they charge a penny over $60 for games on the PS3 I'm going to have to adopt the same policy.

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, if someone had just told me that the team nehind Final Fantasy XII was the same as Vagrant Story, I would have given it a chance much, much earlier.
dark steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US version of FXII has made it to the internet.

It's pretty much Ogre Battle the Vagrant Story game.
Lackey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds pretty okay!
Dracko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy XIII: March of the Black Queen?
SuperWes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I found the hidden, seedy EB Games near my house. It had everything I've been looking for for a long time, including a copy of Castlevania: Legends for the Game Boy. My final haul was Castlevania: Legends, Mega Man Zero 4, Suikoden Tactics, Mercury, and Beatmania US for around $100. Not a bad deal, or so I thought.

I got Beatmania home and dicovered that the controller had been used and the game itself wasn't even in the box. I'm going to return it today. What's up with game stores wanting to piss me off?

Ugh.

More exciting news later. I have some pictures to post.

-Wes
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toys'r us has the Beatmania bundle for $45 online, and you can use it in their Buy Two get one free deal!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2317257
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
I got Beatmania home and dicovered that the controller had been used and the game itself wasn't even in the box.

Sorry, but that's fairly hilarious. Was it "new"?

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
SuperWes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
SuperWes wrote:
I got Beatmania home and dicovered that the controller had been used and the game itself wasn't even in the box.

Sorry, but that's fairly hilarious. Was it "new"?

Well, the box was fairly beat up and the controller cord had clearly been unraveled and haphazardly put back in its twist-tie. But yes, it was "new" for $44.99.

I brought it back into the store today to pick up my game and realized that I actually had the game all along. It was all by itself in its gutted GameStop sleve. They had taken the game's box out of the controller box and put it up on the shelf, then shoved the gut back into the box. I'm not sure everywhere that controller had been, but taking Nana Komatsu's advice I decided to do a little retail protest and return the game outright rather than just picking up was was missing. I figured since they had sold me what was obviously a used game as new and then made such a terrible fuck-up as to not check whether they were even giving me the game I might as well buy it online instead.

If the price was right I'd just get an Amazon prime subscription and do all of my shopping online. It's become abundanly clear to me that GameStop wants to create an antagonistic comic-book store style environment where they can syphon as much profit out of the customer that they can without any concern for the customer's needs.

What's worse is that there aren't really any other options as far as dedicated game stores go. GameCrazy is almost worse than Gamestop in that they seem almost solely focused on having as restrictive a return policy as possible so that the customer will hopefully get screwed into returning their games as trade-ins. I ended up landing two copies of Cooking Mama for my Birthday and when I brought it back to exchange my unopened copy just over a week after buying it they hassled me about the return. I told the guy I'd never shop there again, but I ended up giving in a week later out of laziness. Seriously though, they have the most restrictive return policy of any store I've ever been in. Check out their reciept next time you're in there. You'll see more, "all sales are final," than Chinatown.

Man, do I hate shopping for games.

Actually, speaking of retail protest. I was all pumped not to buy Lumines online after hearing about how expensive it was after all of the nickle and diming, but on Saturday I gave up my silent protest and ended up giving in, buying the game with the Advance pack for around $22.50. And you know what? I actually kind of liked the experience. I was able to buy the game on a Saturday morning while kicking back on the gaming chair in my underwear without having to deal with annoying GameStop salespeople. It's an extremely enjoyable game that I'll always see on my LiveArcade list, meaning I'll be tempted to play it more than games where I have to go out of my way to pull out the discs. I'm a really lazy gamer and it's so nice to be able to just select a game from a menu to play it.

So now I'm sold on downloadable distribution, if only because it means we're going one step closer to forcing GameStop to re-think their corporate agenda.

-Wes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, about that other news I had...

I got engaged! Here's the ring:

Here it is again:

Woo!

The marriage is in August or September of next year. Excitement abounds!

-Wes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurray. Perhaps I should send you both something from Japan to celebrate this occasion Shocked
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Wes!
dessgeega

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you crazy hets and your expensive commitment rituals. anyway, congratulations on finally buying a ring.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!!

Sara and I get an invite, right?
dessgeega wrote:
you crazy hets and your expensive commitment rituals.

I shal have you know, mine was not very expensive at all! And it was really small.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Swimmy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Wes. Now you must traverse the mountain and kill the biggest boar with your bare hands.

"Ayn Rand fans are the old school version of Xenogears fanboys."
-seryogin
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats!

my wedding was pretty damn cheap too. would have been cheaper had i gotten my way re: planning. (hot dog carts, make your own sundae float, pajama party and perhaps kazoos. would have been about $1200 bucks to feed 90 people.)
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot dog carts are totally the way to go, man. Nobody really wants that lowest common denominator bland-yet-somehow-gourmet wedding chicken.

Also, CONGRADURASHUNS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cheated and didn't have a wedding. We just skipped right to the honeymoon and went to Tokyo. Oooh, romantic!
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

Also, Amazon Prime is totally addictive. I signed up when they had a free year(?) shortly after it launched and have been subscribed ever since. Games are kind of a pain to return since you have to mail them back, but otherwise I've had no complaints at all.
SuperWes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lestrade wrote:
We cheated and didn't have a wedding. We just skipped right to the honeymoon and went to Tokyo. Oooh, romantic!

Man, when I'm in Tokyo I don't want to be doin' sexin'.

And thanks for the Congrats everyone! I'm pretty pumped! The plans are all coming together right now for the wedding, and it's going to be a pretty sweet party. No hot dogs, but I might try to push for projection-screen Guitar Hero... We'll see!

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Setting the wedding in fall of next year will give you plenty of time to get organized, order the hotdogs carts and whatnot (which is an amazing idea, by the way)--just don't put it off.

I never really realized I was Of That Age until last summer, where I was invited to three weddings of old friends from high school. It dawned on me that the whole marriage thing is now a legitimate possibility, and made me feel, well, old (no offense to those already married or engaged). Of course, I'll most likely have the knot tied within a year and a half, myself, but still...

Anyways, congrats once again!
dessgeega

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
Man, when I'm in Tokyo I don't want to be doin' sexin'.

wedding vow if i've ever heard one.

(i havn't.)
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Wes.

Seems like everyone's getting married lately. Half the people I went to high school with, now people I know online! When will this marrying madness end?!
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still tryin to find a woman dang nabbit ... lucky guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Staff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: