The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Analogue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Analogue Reply with quote

[not too sure where to put this, but general seems safe enough]

So uh I've been working on a video game zine for a little while now. It will not be fancy-pants like you folks' thing was, although your guys' things were definitely an inspiration to me and like two other guys who form the core of this project so far.
We're interested in video-game related articles from a wide range of perspectives and formats - like you guys - though I guess we lean more heavily on wordiness and lit. stuff. Creative Non-Fiction and Fiction-Fiction is where we're coming from, but it would be really great to have other aspects injected into this.
Right now I have Katamari haiku [products of a Facebook poetry group that we did], short-fiction satire disguised as sociological commentary on video games disguised as a letter to the editor, as well as a few essay-like articles coming.

It will have pretty pictures. [photos, no sketches or graphics. no comics probably]
It will be printed on shit paper in shitty black and white. [distributed liberally downtown and places here in Kelowna until I run out or someone else wants to take them to Edmonton or something]
It will be published online independently in high-res glorious color .pdf [how novel and modern (modernity is the new post-modernity)]

More submissions and things are needed. I'm not picky about what sort of thing it is as this is still very much an experiment for us. Getting stuff from outside our own community would be awesome though, so please do say if you're interested or just send me something if you like. Word count is only limited by how much I can afford to print [though I suppose I could just add it to the .pdf later].

Facebook group [with discussions and Stuff] here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=58604990276
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Spammer pointed out to me that this thread exists. I never saw it before. Where can I get a copy? Sounds pretty awesome!

-Wes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like people worked on it in 2008 and are now getting around to working on it again. Kind of lame to have a 2 year hiatus, but who is TGQ to talk Wink At least we released something!

-Wes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: