The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

more glorious trainwrecks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: more glorious trainwrecks Reply with quote

ok, admittedly I'm writing this mostly 'cause I'm chuffed about how mine came out, and really we should have pimped this *before* the event, but
Klik of the Month Klub #4 happened:
http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/?q=node/49

For people geekish enough to know and love Cellular Automata and John Conway's Game of Life, it's
CONWAY WEST
http://kirkjerk.com/features/java/conwaywest/

so there's a game of Life playing, and you have to avoid the live squares while collecting crosses for points, and there's a ghost you can touch, except the ghost is spitting out squares that add chaos to the Life patterns, so you have to be careful.

If you try only one other game from this month's set, I'd suggest Klik of the Kolussus

And I'd encourage anyone who likes old school gameage to try their hand at this next month... Klik n Play makes it really easy to throw game ideas together, and then the clipart library adds the extra crazy pepper.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally forgot about the Klik of the Month stuff. I intended to do that!

Anyways, congrats on the 6th place for the Pirate Kart everyone who was involved.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for next month I'd like to get a small posse of programming buds to go for it.
Its surprising how shy people are about the task! Either they think they don't have any ideas, or they can't do it it in the timeframe. I think maybe they haven't caught the feel of the event... 100-in-1 was quite the introduction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: