The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A veritable coup!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helicopterp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: A veritable coup! Reply with quote

(In retail, anyway.)

Some time ago, many of you may remember that I had planned to purchase DK's Jungle Beat with a bongo from amazon.com for $19.99. Well, I didn't. Woops. Anyway, I walked into eb games today and found the exact same thing, brand new for $14.99. Needless to say, I jumped. As I was being rung up, the girl at the register told her colleague to go get a bongo controller from the back.

I asked, confused, "Doesn't that giant box already have the bongo controller in it?"
Pointing at the newspaper ad, she replied, "Yes it does. But you also get another one as part of the deal."

I traded in $14.00 of games today. I ended up paying $1.05 for a brand new game and two brand new bongo controllers. DK's Jungle Beat doesn't even support multiplayer. I am so happy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: