The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How does one join the staff here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: How does one join the staff here? Reply with quote

I'm just curious as how one gets to be on the staff for the fanzine. So far the Zero Issue was cool, and now I've got to go find me Katamari Damacy, and hopefully still brand new factory sealed. Anyhoo, as I stated in the "Retro" Gaming thread, I mainly play/collect what would be considered "Retro" and would love to assist you guys with detailed synopsis/reviews of older stuff, as I'm assuming the fanzine will be covering all eras of gaming to the respective interested reader, since the awesome Chrono Trigger is slated for Issue #1.

And if not an official part of the fanzine staff, possibly a "contributing writer" ??? I honestly love this web/fanzine project/community idea. I wanted to do something similar a few years back, but just never had the time. I'm thinking detailed reviews covering Mega Drive and Famicom stuff mostly. At any rate, I'm going to let a few of my friends know about this community online, since these guys seem to always be a little intimidated by the likes of much bigger places. I'd at least like to see some interesting conversations covering our common bond of "Love of the games" at best.
Mister Toups
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um. Not suck at writing? Not be an idiot?

Well. Shaper can give you the official word.

And shit man. You ain't even seen the first full issue yet.
Master Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Toups wrote:
Um. Not suck at writing? Not be an idiot?

Laughing

I've been writing a long time, but just like with anyone else, it's up to the reader to decide if they like my style of reviews. I'm usually very energetic with my synopsis/reviews when I've done them in the past. Guess we'll wait and see, if not that's cool too I'm just glad to be in the community none the less. I just hope ppl post here regularly is all. Seems like everytime I join a BBS Forums somewhere looking for "Real" conversation at an upstart "getting off the ground" community I always end up having to go haunt the old places because ppl loose interest in the smaller places. I'm praying for once this will not be the case. Though so far, it looks like Shaper's crew here (you guys) seems well rounded and intelligent.

Mister Toups wrote:
Well. Shaper can give you the official word.
And shit man. You ain't even seen the first full issue yet.

I wouldn't have it any other way than to run it by the boss man. Wink
Yeah, I know Issue #1 isn't even out yet, but I'm supportive of this endeavor you guys have begun. I can see it going places, not because the fanzine would be the greatest thing since the informative NEXT GEN magazine (which I do miss) or the glory days of EGM; but because it's high time gaming really was covered/seen/heard/read from the ground up for the gamer's by the gamers. I can hardly wait to see issue #1.

Please excuse my enthusiasm if it's a problem.

Laterz.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: How does one join the staff here? Reply with quote

Master Fighter wrote:
I'm just curious as how one gets to be on the staff for the fanzine. So far the Zero Issue was cool, and now I've got to go find me Katamari Damacy, and hopefully still brand new factory sealed.

And if not an official part of the fanzine staff, possibly a "contributing writer" ?

Well I will proably have a FAQ on the front page by the 15th on this, but please feel free to submit anything you want to me and we will get back to you. We are trying to avoid standard formats and styles for reviews. So you may want to wait for Issue one and get a better idea what we are looking for. We actually have quite a full staff right now so I am going to be more picky about who we accept for writing.

I think that when people read Issue 1 they will get their own opinion about our scope and feel then see if they can contribute something that works with us.

Also, about 2 weeks ago I saw a new unopend copy of KD at EB games, $20. I would recommend starting there. I am really glad to see that someone looked at a not so new release in our magazine and wanted to play it for themselves. This is what I was hoping for.

-Regards

PS: You're not from Southtown anymore?
Master Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: How does one join the staff here? Reply with quote

shapermc wrote:

Well I will proably have a FAQ on the front page by the 15th on this, but please feel free to submit anything you want to me and we will get back to you. We are trying to avoid standard formats and styles for reviews. So you may want to wait for Issue one and get a better idea what we are looking for. We actually have quite a full staff right now so I am going to be more picky about who we accept for writing.

I think that when people read Issue 1 they will get their own opinion about our scope and feel then see if they can contribute something that works with us.

Also, about 2 weeks ago I saw a new unopend copy of KD at EB games, $20. I would recommend starting there. I am really glad to see that someone looked at a not so new release in our magazine and wanted to play it for themselves. This is what I was hoping for.

-Regards

PS: You're not from Southtown anymore?

Well then I guess I'll wait and see what issue #1 has in store. But in the mean time I guess I'll do a write up for a mega drive game or something and see if it's up your alley, if not, like I said I'm just glad to be here.

> as for my location: You caught that eh? Wink
Thought I'd go with something a bit different than South Town.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: How does one join the staff here? Reply with quote

Master Fighter wrote:
> as for my location: You caught that eh? Wink
Thought I'd go with something a bit different than South Town.

Get Selious!
spooie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Katamari Damacy all over the place lately. Try Best Buy if you haven't found it yet. They always seem to have 3 or 4 in stock at my local joint.

BTW... has anyone seen that Katamari Damacy is getting a DS game now?
Mister Toups

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I have to wonder how exactly that will control. Does the touch screen support multiple inputs?
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Toups wrote:
Yeah. I have to wonder how exactly that will control. Does the touch screen support multiple inputs?
Don't know...

But they have the Dpad and the 4 buttons now... which would kinda suck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: