The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zen Type

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Articulate Analyses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GcDiaz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Zen Type Reply with quote

Ain't got much to say, except:

You covered RRT4 nicely enough, but I was expecting an analysis of the entire series, with special attention paid to the jump between Ridge Racer Revolution and Rage Racer, and the loss of that special "something" between RRT4 and RRV. Too bad.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I was trying more to aim for the core of Ridge Racer and ended up getting more into deep yellows and lucid rhythms. The loss of something special between 4 and 5 is pretty hard to put a finger on. It's not really substantial, you can't just say: the girl was different (although I did point to that).

I didn't get into the N64 or DS games either, much like Evo. It would have taken too much away. The important thing is that the series still has it's core, even though it has been drifting from it since its most solid point of RR4.

The jump from Revolution to Rage racer is large, but ultimately I don't feel that Rage got enough of it right. There was just something keeping it from jelling together properly. The over arching evolution from 1 to 4 is more important than the quick and dirty jump from rev to rage. Again, quite a bit to get into and most people either already know that, or won't stay interested long enough to find out.

Ultimately it's about the racing (or driving) and wanted to get as much about that in as possible. Also, RR4 has the best style, so, it got bonus emphasis. Sorry if my response in that Rage Racer thread mislead you. I was just saying that I had just spent a lot of time working on a ridge racer article, and didn't want to go back over it all in a thread or copy and paste from my article yet.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Articulate Analyses All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: