The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guys I want to play Perfect Dark (and I'm drunk)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Guys I want to play Perfect Dark (and I'm drunk) Reply with quote

Seriously. I just spent over two hours cleaning out the closets in my apartment and now I'm drinking. So help me if there was a store nearby with N64s for sale I would buy one, and Perfect Dark as well. That would make it the third N64 I'd hypothetically buy, since I've purchased two before (and subsequently sold both).

But GODDAMNFUCK do I wish I could play some Perfect Dark right now. I just found out the game—even back in the day—supported surround sound. Shit, that would be pretty all-right. I still have my Memory Pak, and all my shit's on there. CHRIST ON A PLANE I want to play PD right now.

Fuck. I wish I had more beer. I could open up a vodka cooler but that's pretty girly, and my wife no doubt will kick my ass for being drunk if she comes home and... well... finds me drunk.

But FUCK, guys! Perfect Dark and beer! Perfect Beer? I think I have some old VHS tapes of four-player PD deathmatch. Maybe I'll watch those...

P.S. Rare's going to be a bunch of cocks and not allow any Rare-developed content on Nintendo's Virtual Console, are they? So that means no Perfect Dark, right? COCKSUCKERS. FUCK THEM ALL. Do I have to buy a third N64 so I can play this game again? Confirm/deny

FUCK NEED MORE BEER

EDIT: Why don't FPSes these days have bots in multiplayer mode!?!?
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Guys I want to play Perfect Dark (and I'm drunk) Reply with quote

Lestrade wrote:
P.S. Rare's going to be a bunch of cocks and not allow any Rare-developed content on Nintendo's Virtual Console, are they? So that means no Perfect Dark, right? COCKSUCKERS. FUCK THEM ALL. Do I have to buy a third N64 so I can play this game again? Confirm/deny

I'm not sure about this. I mean, Rare's still making GBA/DS games as far as I know, and the only reason they wouldn't throw those games on Virtual Console would be to put them on Xbox LiveArcade instead. Whatever the case, I think Perfect Dark will come back eventually in some form or another.

Also: You should turn "Perfect Beer" into an article.

-Wes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Guys I want to play Perfect Dark (and I'm drunk) Reply with quote

Lestrade wrote:
Do I have to buy a third N64 so I can play this game again? Confirm/deny

You could just come over to my place. I think it would be good for both of us. We could consider it a meeting to help us get over drinking and writing on message boards. You're a much more caps-locked drunk than I am.
J.Goodwin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Guys I want to play Perfect Dark (and I'm drunk) Reply with quote

Lestrade wrote:
PDZ does.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SuperWes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Guys I want to play Perfect Dark (and I'm drunk) Reply with quote

J.Goodwin wrote:
Lestrade wrote:
PDZ does.
Why don't good FPSes these days have bots in multiplayer mode!?!?

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Guys I want to play Perfect Dark (and I'm drunk) Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
J.Goodwin wrote:
Lestrade wrote:
PDZ does.
Why don't good FPSes these days have bots in multiplayer mode!?!?

-Wes
I blame Valve.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Guys I want to play Perfect Dark (and I'm drunk) Reply with quote

helicopterp wrote:
Lestrade wrote:
Do I have to buy a third N64 so I can play this game again? Confirm/deny

You could just come over to my place. I think it would be good for both of us. We could consider it a meeting to help us get over drinking and writing on message boards. You're a much more caps-locked drunk than I am.

We need some sort of Futurama tubes for quick travel.

I ended up watching the deathmatch videos. I still can't believe how good that game is in multiplayer situations. Nothing like an N-bomb, laptop gun one-two combo to piss somebody off big-time. I also love, selfishly enough, that there is a head in the character creation mode that looks almost identical to me. It's quite uncanny. Maybe I can take a photo of the video so you can see?

Also: what other FPS has a 30-Second Nut Shot™?
Lackey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there is a head in the character creation mode that looks almost identical to me. It's quite uncanny

Almost as if they'd gone ahead with the photo->face texture thing.

I love Perfect Dark except for that stupid vision blurring effect which stays there even when you respawn. As if the n64 wasn't blurry enough already, you shoot someone with a crossbow once and they'll spend the rest of the game without being able to see anything. Apparently in the PD universe getting punched makes you drunk for a week. Plus there's only like two levels where you can see anything to begin with. Darkness + coloured lighting is not a good fit for blurry, low-poly 3d divided into four on a normal sized TV.

Edit: it's a pretty fun game, but aesthetically retarded.
OtakupunkX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Guys I want to play Perfect Dark (and I'm drunk) Reply with quote

Lestrade wrote:
Seriously. I just spent over two hours cleaning out the closets in my apartment and now I'm drinking. So help me if there was a store nearby with N64s for sale I would buy one, and Perfect Dark as well. That would make it the third N64 I'd hypothetically buy, since I've purchased two before (and subsequently sold both).

But GODDAMNFUCK do I wish I could play some Perfect Dark right now. I just found out the game—even back in the day—supported surround sound. Shit, that would be pretty all-right. I still have my Memory Pak, and all my shit's on there. CHRIST ON A PLANE I want to play PD right now.

Fuck. I wish I had more beer. I could open up a vodka cooler but that's pretty girly, and my wife no doubt will kick my ass for being drunk if she comes home and... well... finds me drunk.

But FUCK, guys! Perfect Dark and beer! Perfect Beer? I think I have some old VHS tapes of four-player PD deathmatch. Maybe I'll watch those...

FUCK NEED MORE BEER

I felt this way about Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon the other day, but instead of beer it was cigarillos.

I have Perfect Dark btw (not in box, not in mint condition, but it works), and if anyone would like to trade this out for Mystical Ninja I'd be more than happy to make a deal.

Edit - I'll pay shipping too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: