The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video Games on Capitol Hill . . . Daily Show Style!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Video Games on Capitol Hill . . . Daily Show Style! Reply with quote

I thought this was pretty damn funny and didn't know if anybody else had seen it already. Jon Stewart said a lot of things we've all WANTED to say about these out of touch old fogey's in Washington.
Lockeownzj00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome.

I think the biggest insult in all this is that these people are influencing our lives based off of egregious decisions based on ignorance. How is it that not one person has brought up entertainments of times past, like, oh say...movies? books?

One can't deny that there's a philosophical position for saying that videogames are different, for one is no longer observing the questionable actions, one is assuming the role of their perpetrators.

Still, I think that sane people are being completely ignored in this debate.
ryan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was witness to another kindred spirit. I myself have also made my way up to Civilization IV. Like the good Senator there, I also cannot win. Fuck you, Ghandi Mad

beep
boop
beep
boop
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that Fox News has done immensely more damage to our generation than GTA has. Oh, and also the government gutting social programs in inner cities, cutting education funding, and also the gap in wealth between the rich and poor.

Please vote these dumb fucks out of Congress . . .
TOLLMASTER
nippon ichi PR man
nippon ichi PR man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, these violent games are nothing to worry about. As the Congressman said, it's highly unlikely that a middle-class white family's children will starting stealing cars in the suburbs.

Sure, the kids in the ghetto who suffer from being born black who live in communities where their parents shoot police officers and beat up hookers will be effected by these violent games--but who cares about them? The Congressman is smart enough to know what to worry about and what not to.

Also, that wasn't San Andreas, was it? It looked like Vice City. THE SYSTEM FAILS US AGAIN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: