The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Video Game Book!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColecoVisionist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: New Video Game Book! Reply with quote

Classic Home Video Games 1985-1988, covering EVERY game for the NES, Master System, and Atari 7800, is now available.

For more info, click on the following link:

http://brettweisswords.blogspot.com/

Here's a description of the book:

Introduced by Bill “The Game Doctor” Kunkel, one of the most important figures in all of classic gaming, Classic Home Video Games 1985-1988 contains detailed descriptions/reviews of every U.S.-released game for the Nintendo NES, one of the best, most popular video game systems ever produced. The book also contains detailed descriptions/reviews of every U.S.-released game for the Atari 7800 (revised, expanded, and updated from Vol. 1) and the Sega Master System, both of which maintain a loyal fan base to this day.Organized alphabetically by console brand, each chapter in this book includes a description of the game system, followed by substantive, literate, fun-to-read entries (most 125-185 words in length) for every game released for that console, regardless of when the game was produced (meaning hundreds of games are covered).

Each video game entry includes publisher/developer data and the release year, along with gameplay information and, usually, the author’s critique. A glossary provides a helpful guide to the classic video game genres and terms referenced throughout the work, and a preface provides a look at the industry at the time (and how it relates to gaming today), along with anecdotes from the author, a full-time writer who has been a devoted gamer and game collector since the days of Pong, Pitfall!, and Pac-Man.

Classic Home Video Games 1985-1988, which is the follow-up to the critically acclaimed Classic Home Video Games, 1972-1984, also contains photos, historical information, and comparisons to arcade classics, computer games, and similar games for other consoles. Aimed at hardcore gamers, casual fans, and pop culture scholars alike, Classic Home Video Games 1985-1988 is must-reading for anyone interested in the history of the industry and the playability of its games, namely that fondly remembered era that gave us the Atari 7800, the Sega Master System, and the Nintendo NES.
ColecoVisionist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Classic Home Video Games 1985-1988 - NOW 20% OFF! Reply with quote

Classic Home Video Games 1985-1988 has now been on the market long enough for Amazon to mark it down to their typical 20% off.

For ordering info, click on the following:

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Home-Video-Games-1985-1988/dp/0786436603/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244515830&sr=1-2
ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the five people who still post here who didn't buy your book the first time you posted about it aren't going to buy it now, guy.

Thanks for still thinking we're relevent, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you send me a copy I'll review it in Issue 10.

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
If you send me a copy I'll review it in Issue 10.

-Wes

Sorry I haven't checked in in a while.

Are you still interested in reviewing the book?

If so, send me a PM with the address, and I'll see if I can get my publisher to send you a copy.

Thanks,

Brett
Redeye

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApM wrote:
I'm pretty sure the five people who still post here who didn't buy your book the first time you posted about it aren't going to buy it now, guy.

Thanks for still thinking we're relevent, though.

Maybe in the springtime, people will come back.

Also, maybe a random program to bump threads/rearrange front page would help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: