The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dream thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: dream thread Reply with quote

man why dont you guys have one of these yet ill start

i was TRAPPED with my crew!

i invented a new and improved monorail system. seriously, fuck BART (bay area rapid transit) my new train is teh DIVINE TRANSIT and it will blow you away
the track was unfinished, we just wanted to put some loops in it, a few here a corkscrew there, a big drop there
but during our test runs when we woud just place the car on one part of the unfinished trakc it would FALL RIGHT OFF at the next hole, it was going way too fucking fast and wouldnt slow down by the time it got to the end
which wasnt a bad thing exactly
SOMEONE YELLED OUT captain i have a bright idea! lets just go ahead and build the WHOLE TRACK to prevent further accidents! yes! thats great you are promoted son

we played a bioshock reminiscent demo video, in black and white on a huge boob tube with a big ol sensitive lever tat adjusted the TRACKING or reduced STATIC or whatever you want to call it
hitler was being intervied about our wonderful invention

THEN FWOOSH THUD FWOOSH THUD two huge army green giant blimpy bags fell from the ceiling!
our SWORN ENEMIES came on a PA system laughing and threatening to gas us all
they locked us inside, still laughing, us running for the doors and crashing into them just as the locks click shut
who the hell had the idea for GIANT METAL DOORS anyway

an old woman awoke from underneath teh couch cushions caterwhauling about taking the best nap ever and how horny she was
she started to try and rape my crew, males only, she was easily thwarted. old women have brittle bones and are total pushovers
she threatened to KNOCK EVERYONE OUT and rape them while unconcious, but bitch could barely throw and we were too busy trying to bust down the windows
to no avail
fucking bulletproof ship glass WHOS IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE EVERYTHINGPROOF GLASS
the old hag threatened to fill her lungs up with helium and then exhale swiftly, zipping around the room and killing us all
the old bag had weak as hell lungs so we just put her in a little wheeled raft and let her cruise about like some kind of interactive moving fish tank with no water and just one old lady and on wheels
while propelling herself around slowly, the old woman was masturbating furiously and calling it the WORM
our cabin boy, who happened to be female suggested that maybe the lady just needed a womans touch. eww. denied.

after multiple failed escape attempts, someone suggested that we just make 3d clones of ourselves and walk right through the walls, but the thought of never being able to touch again was just too overwhelming, and that idea was scrapped
the timer ticked down, we were bracing for impact
as the clock reached zero the bags did ZILCH and we realized they were duds FUCK YES the guards come in, an old man on my crew is forced to jizz all over an enemy soldiers eyebrow
he does and there is a FLOOD OF SEMEN, and the power is spread to EVERYOEN we all masturbate in unison and drown the bastards in our s/he bodily fluids and escape unscathed

back at home our pet lion and panda are cloned and acting like humans, our indentured servant is cloned and crawling around on the floor with a toy in his mouth, HE HAS BECOME A DOG
in his dog language (i knoiw this shit, i am the dog master) that i coerce out of him he explains that blue salamander things are invading from the graveyard
one slithers in! just as he barked out the warning!
it has a raygun, tis fucking fuzzy (not the raygun the salamander) and blue and wears a helmet
i grab for my gun, he snatches it before i have the chance. i scream for help and my servant starts rabidly barkign and throws a fucking shoe
i get zapped, shit shit shit. im still speaking english in my head but i zoom out of my head and see that everyone else is hearning me bark wildly, like a yippy, annoying ill-behaved maltese EVEN THOUGH I STILL LOOK LIKE REGULAR DAPHNY
dess is there and laughing at me, how appropriate

the salamander sneaks away with cossix i try to sniff out his trail but fail as the goo that leaks from the alien salamanders is scentless and covers up any smell that the little bastard alien might leave
we check the graveyard monitor
those BASTARDS have been feeding on CORPSES and gained the STRENGTH to traverse the walls into our HOME
on the monitor, a talking purple zapped horse is trying to manically dig through one of the walls but immediately gets eaten
i blow up the fucking place and fly over on my hot air balloon
the balloon is equipped with a redemptionmachine-like crane and it reaches down and grabs cossix. the day is saved FUCK YEAH

we decide to remodel the place and i am giving an interior designer the grand tour and i suspect that he is probably going to twist my ideas into some kind of sick fantasy that hes always had, i dont trust this man.
he assures me that my ideas are swell, and my bladder begins to do so as well
i rush to the bathroom and attempt to pee, all that comes out is a WINNING LOTTERY TICKET
and a slimy white snake
my bathroom is a crowded office
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh come on guys i know you have more dreams
well heres one thats kind of related to videogames

so i was a big black basketball player in this weird 3d fighting game, and i was fighting some floating guy with an orange jumpsuit adn upside-down bananas for hair
and i only knew ONE MOVE and it was throwing basketballs very lightly in their direction
and this enemy that i was fighting would just fucking CATCH THEM and they would rotate around him then he would float really high up in the air and start LAUNCHING THEM RIGHT AT ME god
dodging them was such a bitch too

so i had to do like what was basically chip damage (but there was no life bar, it was hit hit until he started flashing and i knew he was almost dead) and finally this huge BLUE METEOR comes up and sucks him up and then spits him out into space
i totally won
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scratchmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I had a semi-lucid dream about being in a world that started off realistic (traversing though a magnificent desert mountain pass full of vines with large red flowers) got slightly weird (a small baboon-esque creature with a highly detailed bone helmet and shoulder-piece following me, odd shrines hidden away in the off-shoots of the canyons) then got slightly menacing (observing a guy with a couple trained baboons being chased and mauled by a pack of wild baboons) and then completely ridiculous (jumping hundreds of feet through the air to avoid wildly attacking demons/undead, grabbing their swords out of their arms and cutting them down (only they cut like thick rubber)).
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this morning i had a dream that someone i didn't know in an old style german bierhaus wanted to give me ground up xanax he made at home.

i am very glad i don't remember most of my dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also dreamt that I was driving to a doctor's appointment that I had this morning where I had to be there at 8:15 and the clock in my car said 8:25 and this freaked me out so bad that I forced myself to wake up. At 5:34.

Fucking dreams.
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck i HATE dreams where im running late and then the clock goes backwards and fools me and then im late again and god i just go do something else! its terrible
bleak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those dreams that you can't tell the difference between dream and reality are the worst especially when something horrifying happens to you

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream the night before last that some sort of army had invaded. It was understood that they now ruled over everyone, but no one ever saw them other than when they entered a city and killed people indiscriminately, which happened quite frequently. No one seemed to know who they were or where they had come from. We didn't even have a name for them. Everyone simply understood who you referred to when you said "they" or "them."

I discovered a group that was organized to resist the invaders. Most of them wore yellow shirts to identify each other. I asked a resistance member whether the yellow shirts wouldn't simply make them more easily identifiable and thus more likely targets. He said that yes, that was probable. But it didn't matter--no one had any real way to effectually resist, and the invaders didn't care whether anyone tried. They'd just kill us all when they arrived, which could be at any moment.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleak wrote:
those dreams that you can't tell the difference between dream and reality are the worst especially when something horrifying happens to you

Yeah I had one of those last night! I dreamt I had ginger hair. I'm of celtic stock so actually do grow a ginger beard even though my hair is dark. So in the dream I grew ginger roots right at my temple, I was like 'OH NO MY LIFE IS OVER'

Then I folded the hair back to reveal a shock of pink hair underneath that, just like my sister's! 'OH NO IT MUST RUN IN THE FAMILY!', I thought, which is pretty dumb because she dyes her hair to make it that colour.
Winged Assassins (1984)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my dreams of late involve dentata so I don't know, how far should a conversation of that subject go on for?
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had some crazy messed up dreams let me tell you.

When I was a little kid I once dreamt that I was kidnapped by pirates and it really scared me. I had another dream when I was around that same age that Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street lived under the grating of the floor heater in the old house we lived in at the time.

Recently I had a dream that I couldn't distinguish from reality and it terrified me greatly. I was dreaming that my parents were part of some evil masonic cult that required them to wear these white robes with hoods that obscured their faces. I was lured by my father into an underground cave like chamber where apparently some ritual was to be performed. I was so scared that I realized I was dreaming so I forced myself to wake up by screaming myself awake. After I had awoke my mom was knocking on my door asking me if I was alright, but when she came in she was dressed up in the same robe she was wearing in the dream and I realized that I hadn't woken up at all and I was really terrified.

I've had dreams where I've become lucid but nothing to the extent that anything that interesting happened. One time I was dreaming I was in this crowded restaurant but the moment I realized I was dreaming all the people disappeared and I was left to wonder the empty place by myself. Once I was lucid dreaming and I tried to conjure up some company but no matter what I tried I couldn't automatically dream up someone with a face. Like, the faces were just not there at all.

Very recently, within the past couple months, I had a very violent, very morbid dream that was just really screwed up in all sorts of ways and made me wonder why the hell I would dream something like that. Basically I was dreaming that I was with a friend and we were checking out this place where people would pay a fee to get in and when we got inside it turned out to be this crazy club for all kinds of sickos. There were rooms with snuff films playing on tvs and there was a place out back where people could kill animals and mutilate them. There was rumored to be a basement underneath where if you knew the right password you could get in and have sex with a dead body. There were also these weird scary guards who walked around in leather and spikes and were just looking for an excuse to fuck somebody up. That dream friggin disturbed me and it still does.

I usually have happy dreams! I haven't been able to remember much of my dreams lately though.
sediment

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream last night! This is something that normally doesn't happen (I'm usually tired all the time) or I don't remember anything interesting.

In my dream, I was making a pizza delivery to basically a shed in the back of the music building of an old college, and I had a vague recollection of having a boss fight of some sort before this and having missed out on an awesome travel item (a stereo jetpack).
So I wander through the music hall, glance at some murals involving zombies and vampires and shit - except it's really not campy, they're very dark and sinister, for real.
I get to the office I'm delivering to, and there's a big guy in there napping on a mountain of Domino's delivery boxes and other food wrappers and boxes. I prod him with a miscellaneous long object I found in the room, and he wakes up with a start, yanking a knife out of god knows where. So I complete the delivery ($16.95, he ordered a medium specialty pizza) and his lab partner waddles out of a back room I didn't even notice - this guy's creepy tall, looks like he's been dead for years, and has a big tumor separating the lobes of his skull. The tumor was wearing a bright green wig, and either lobe had a fuchsia wig on it. He was also wearing dark glasses. Something about him looked generally familiar to me, and his nametag said "A. Hilter". You know, like the Monty Python sketch, except I wasn't even thinking about it and had no clue he could actually be Hitler or anything.

So my fiancee is also there for some reason and she points out to Hilter that I've been having some sinus issues lately, and he's a member of the pharmacology department so he's like "Oh, I'll see what I have. Let me see.... Native American, Irish, and Scottish descent?" (note - I'm mostly Scandinavian) My fiancee says yeah, then leans over and is like "I guess this is for allergy purposes or something" since native americans are notorious for allergies that seem curious to white people. And I guess Scots hate medicine or something. Anyway. I told her I was pretty sure this guy was Hitler, and she laughed at me and left.
So he gives me some cold medicine, which I was confident was poisoned cold medicine, and charges me... $16.95. Okay whatever. Then he asks me if I have any ammunition, and a transparent menu appears suddenly and a couple of menus switch, and I'm apparently carrying a rusty old rifle of some sort called "Daisy". And yeah, I could use more ammo.
So Hitler starts casting out some bullets for me, and he's talking to me about weaponry in general, mentioning that in his youth he was exposed to nuclear weaponry - and that's when he decided celebrity was the greatest weapon of all.
It's during this cutscene-esque moment that I distinctly check a thread about whatever it is I'm apparently playing at this very forum, and James Harvey is pointing out that he got the stereo jet pack for free right before an upcoming bossfight vs basically a leatherface heavy weapons guy so long as he didn't have an item called the Independence Paper.
And when Hitler's done talking to me and tapping out bullets for me (no charge) he gives me some reading, and I get the Independence Paper right then.
So I reload, do the bossfight, and then go through that entire sequence again, and right before I wake up I'm rocking out across the countryside in my fucking STEREO BOOMBOX JET PACK!

and then i woke up and my fiancee was reading Three Shades of Night right next to me. the end.

Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dreamt I was playing some kind of bizarre real-life videogame where I was running around an office block with a machine gun, being chased by guys in business suits. I managed to kill them all except for two. One of them I could riddle with holes until he looked like bloody swiss cheese and he still kept coming, the other had a tremendously thick skull which could repel bullets. My shots ground the outer layer of his skull to dust but still couldn't penetrate. I woke up still in a dream-like state, wondering if you could go to hell for killing people in your dreams.
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just woke up from what seemed to b e a nightmare but turned out pretty great

there was this giant pirate ship multi-level apartment complex and i was being hunted, along with some family
our enemy had backwards knees, but other than that they looked completely human, i think they were carrying two really large shotguns, that were fully automatic or something it was just one huge explosion after another after another
the family was huge, there were at least 30 members
it was getting dark and our only weapons were these gameboys with several layers of glass over the screen and no back light, so during the wrong times of day you had all sorts of glare and when it got dark you couldnt see shit
the fight was totally unfair

during the dream i had some big dark secret running through my head, but i didnt know what it was, i kept trying to remember but there was really no time for thinking

right after throwing our useless arsenal aside HUGE BOOMS shoot into the room and people are dying all aroud me, and im hiding behind bodies but they're just turning to mist after being hit with so many exposions
the guy runs out of ammo finally and also fucks up one of his knees, he hesitates for a minute in front of the opening then steps inside to check for dead people
he goes outside and checks every room very slowly and methodically
since hes repeating hte same room check pattern over and over again i plan to make a break for the uppermost room with a man and his daughter but the stupid fucking guy CHANGES HIS PATTERN and goes to the high room first
BASTARD

i tell the man and his girl to make a break for the lab and ill meet htem there with a plan
my plan is to play dead and wait for him to cart out the corpses
ill sneak onto the giant stone wheel on the wheelbarrow and PRECARIOUSLY balance myself on top of it while it rolls, kind of like logrunning

so i sneak out the back and go downstairs towards the lab and BIG SCIENTIST man is there so i tell him all about my plan
he re-enacts the scene with me by building props nad setting them up on rails, putting out wires, setting fake explosives (the real ones are waiting for me to use on my enemy)
i thank him for going through all this trouble
and he was all well your mother WAS such a KIND lady, which confused me becuase my mom was a really dumb cunt and a complete bitch to everyone
i guess maybe he fucked her or something my mom was always really nice to her boyfriends

i see one of his lackeys staring intently at one of the props, like hes studying it and i SLAP him away
I DONT TRUST THAT GUY WHAT IS HE DOING HERE the scientist assures me that hes okay but the girls father is pretty nervewracked too and so he shoots the guy in the back of the head, we look up adn the scientist CACKLES and runs away WRONG CHOICE ASSHOLES he screams at us as he runs away so fast, god how did he get so fast he has a bum knee

the father and i split up, his daughter is weeping and confused because i guess the guy her father killed was her boyfriend
she doesnt love her fatther anymore!
HE KILLED THE LOVE OF HER LIFE THEY WERE GOING TO GET MARRIED HOW COULD HE she was weeping and screaming and just hysterical

we run up flights and flights and flights of stairs and the bastard comes slithering with god SO MANY tentacles and covered in seaweed and just what the fuck is going on
hes like 10 feet tall now and he has the girl on fire in his hand
hes waving her around and her dad is screaming and he snickers and yells GOOD THING YOU HAVE A REMAINING DAUGHTER, HOW SAD WOULD IT TO HAVE WASTED YOUR SEED
the father looks around and stares at me, 'im sorry daphny, if he didnt know you were family you would have been safe'
LOOK AT YOUR SHIRT GIRLL THAT KETCHUP IS A FAMILY HEIRLOOM
oh shit there really is ketchup on my shirt, i run higher up the stairs yelling THIS IS KETCHUP FROM A COSTCO HOTDOG i think in my head that i LOATHE ketchup on hotdogs and everyone knows that this excuse isnt going to fly
it doesnt
THATS YOUR KETCHUP DAPHNY AND I WILL HAVE THE LAST BROOD OF THIS FAMILY DESTROYED BY SUPPER
NOT MY KETCHUP
IT IUS
THERES NO KETCHUP!!

he lets loose the flaming girl and shes hissing like a stick of dynamite
fuck
fuck! i run away from where i assume the explosion will be but my father THROWS HER BACK
the slithering maniac CATCHES HER and throws her back again
shes getting smaller, i suppose when she shrinks down thats when the point of impact should be
he throws her i dive onto her and throw her back
this goes back and forth for a RIDICULOUSLY LONG WHILE
until he laughs and tosses it lightly once more, far far away from both of us, luckily he tosses it TOO SOFTLY and it falls back right on top of him and HE EXPLODES
YAY
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not a fan of lucid dreaming because its like oh you get to be in control of the descisions you make during real life why not just LET GO in a dream

plus more interesting things seem to happen when im not running the show
but i cant help in a lot of my dreams i think really hard about something and it comes true in the dream
Redeye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
I dreamt I was playing some kind of bizarre real-life videogame where I was running around an office block with a machine gun, being chased by guys in business suits. I managed to kill them all except for two. One of them I could riddle with holes until he looked like bloody swiss cheese and he still kept coming, the other had a tremendously thick skull which could repel bullets. My shots ground the outer layer of his skull to dust but still couldn't penetrate. I woke up still in a dream-like state, wondering if you could go to hell for killing people in your dreams.

This reminds me of the Lawyer Rampage.

I don't have violent dreams.

I occaisionally wake up laughing but I generally can't remember why, just that it was a good dream.
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOK FORT HERE IT IS
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh daph, you and your get rich schemes!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selections from last night's especially vivid dream:

-A great friend of mine (who until yesterday had been in town visiting for almost a week--that's real life, not a dream) asks me if I have ever read a book (there was a title, but it eludes me now). She praises it so: "It's amazing. It's like [the author, probably nameless even in the dream] wrote five-paragraph essays that went on for over ten pages!" I guessed it was some collection of non-fiction.

-A tee-shirt that praises the New Orleans Hornets' recent domination of the San Antonio Spurs in one statistic: assists-to-turnovers ratio. The shirt was black with green print, all numbers. I did not know what it meant at first. Then there was a cut or voice-over of sorts--some ESPN announcer going on and on about why the Hornets were playing so well, and then it all clicked for me. No idea whether this is accurate, or even if that series is over yet.

-Little league baseball reunion. I played third base. My teammates and opponents all had been familiar faces from my little league days. Some had grown into adults, others remained the children and adolescents of their time. Twice in the field I needed to throw the ball quickly to home plate. Both times were failed efforts because the ball never settled into my hand correctly. I couldn't throw it because it was in my palm instead of wrapped inside my fingers. Later, the old man playing first base fired a throw home that nailed the runner by at least ten feet, no hesitation. The game kept getting bigger, and Randy Johnson, with whom I have never played little league, began to pitch for the other team. We had no trouble hitting him.

-Finally, a group of friends and I ate dinner. The waiters and waitresses (it was a different face each visit) kept acting very strange around us, and not only because we had a large party. We ate our fill. When we had finished, another waiter brought us more food--obviously, it was intended for a different table. No one in our party voiced the discrepancy, though, happy for the free food. My friend and colleague Lizzie helped me tear through a platter of chicken fingers that neither of us really needed, and we were full beyond full.
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had to do a story on ethiopia, but it wasnt like ethiopia at all

FIRST all the kids had to learn how to orgasm so there was this big huge huge huge huge group of teenage boys and girls sitting on vibrators and i had to fit in so i was just sitting on one trying to read a magazine and then having the stupid vagina that i do i jizzed but then i became a guy so i started whoring myself off becuase it was really hot and all there was to drink was come

so like all these thirsty desert people kept making me jizz so they could have something to drink and like i was HOLLOW at that point so they finally let me rest

THEN we (the ethiopians) had to get rid of these fucking white tourist bastards who were building shoddy hovels and fucking selling a bunch of sweaters and sourdough bread soup bowls in teh MIDDLE OF THE DESERT and people were BUYING THEM and it was OUR PEOPLE so everyone was dying of HEAT STROKE becuase they're all wearing fucking sweaters and eating hot soup

so we would throw the women (because the women cant jizz like men, all they are good for is LITERAL cannon fodder) with like these catapult things and knock over their hovels and kill the stupid tourist traps. but soon all our energy was being put into killing these tourists and no one was coming so everoyne got really thirsty again and we had to drink urine puddles off the ground

everyone started rotting away and i couldnt jizz and feed the people anymore, there was this woman we were supposed to kill but we kept throwing women and launching women at her and all she would do is fucking collect plates and stroke her pet armadillo
which was actually just an armadillo skeleton what the fuck
this stupid bitch just wouldnt leave
sediment

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a secret wing of my house through a secret door next to the locked door to the landlord's personal attic. This wing's location had it extending south from the house, into what in reality is empty air, and was on the second floor.

The place looked like a colonial American Moria and was enormous. Here's the kicker, though:

in the dream, this secret wing was the secret repository of icky runny poopoo for my fiancee's sister's dog, who has been slowly dying for like eight years and is still going feebly strong. In short, eight years of icky poopoo flooded this invisible cantilevered donjon, and so most of the dream was me wading through it with a torch - Indy & the Last Crusade style - with it up to my tits.

I've had this dream three times and each time the very concept of 2 girls 1 cup sickens me less. It's a very fragrant dream.

ps daph freud would have a field day with that dream there, but then, he'd probably shit himself at mine ha ha ha

daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you sleep alone? i bet your fiancee is farting a lot while you sleep and fucking up your dreams
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I dreamt that my friend Eleanor (who I'm in love with, unrequitedly) and my sister went to a free festival in Hyde Park but I couldn't go because I had to help my brother load a van full of black spaceship parts instead, outside the gates. They came out looking like they'd had the time of their lives. What did they get up to? Did Eleanor kiss boys? AARGH. Basically, it wasn't far removed from my everyday life.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just woke up from a nap in which I dreamed that my friend Dave won the bronze at the Olympics. It was the 30m dash. We had wandered onto the track, and one of the racers left his starter's block at the wrong time, so Dave hopped in. He beamed and shouted, "I medaled! I fucking medaled!" when it was over. I was proud. Later in the dream I was walking down a hallway when a man (whom I recognized, but cannot exactly place yet) signaled my attention. He only had one appendage left--I remember thinking how different that was from the last time I had seen him, when he had both arms and both legs. Lost in thought, I heard only a long-a sound, so I assumed he wanted some change. I ferreted into my pockets for the few stray dimes from lunch when he looked at me in exasperation and explained that he was just looking for something to help him prop his book up so he could study. It wasn't level the way it was. I went into a classroom and found him a couple options, but left quickly because I was so embarrassed by the misunderstanding. Shortly after that I woke up, happy to see a little daylight left in the window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: