The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ShaperMC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: ShaperMC Reply with quote

I play too many video games. I hate reading the tripe that gets printed mostly so I started up The Gamer's Quarter with the help of my wonderful staff.

Here I am in need of an avatar. I will probably go with something that most people will recognize, I may end up using Berserk manga. I will edit this later when I know what the hell I want to do. I do want to thank the rest of my staff for all the hard work and effort they have put into this publication.

You can follow my day to day ramblings about stuff (mostly games) here.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am playing my first RPG in a really long time. Final Fantast X. While enjoying the game, I hate parts of the plot, and some of the characters. But with a bit of music for the fight sequences so to not get bored I am overall enjoying it.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the site is live. Wes had the excellent idea to use an article sampler to get people excited more about content. I guess that will be the next thing that I will do. Anyways, today is a good day for the site.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend shal be grand fun. All gaming magazine formating, all weekend! Good thing it is 3 whole days.

And I may get RE4, that could be interesting.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are moving along really really well now. Most the article I have formated in some shape or another and most the images are done. Wes and I are working on putting together the articles so that they all work well with one another.

Still on schedule for the preview issue for Mar. 1!
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the preview article went out to approx 175 unique people. I would guess that the number of readers is only slightly higher. Anyways, I expect issue one to start slow then roll into a nice large fan base. Who knows.

I do know that occasionally between this zine, work, and my wife I get little time to game it seems. Sometimes I just want to toss some shit out a window and play games all night or all weekend. I also have come to really enjoy learning about games more deeply though books. Unfortunately there are precious few good books available for purchase.

Oh well.

I will just probably make up for it by taking a loss in my sleep, like last week. I got 6 hours last night and if I can do it every night… well. What ever. It is not like I have no free time, it just seems like once I start working on the project it doesn’t stop.

It does not help that the week of the 15th has turned into an enormously busy week.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck you Morrowind! You give me disc read errors and then walk out of my life after over 150 hours together.
I thought I was through with you.
I wanted nothing more to do with you.
Your call has beckoned to me over time.
I knew you would call me with you GotY edition.
Who knew with such force you have done so.
I accepted you back with your upgrades and new isle.
This time you present yourself on my PC.

Don't mess it up.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My desktop computer fried.

Dead. I don't know... how.

I am going to take some pictures and ask some people later after I get off work.

I guess that I could not have picked a much better time to buy a new laptop or this magazine would never happen.

I fucking hate bullshit like this and spending money.

The only good news is that when I talked to someone it sounds like the memory or my motherboard, not my hard disk. So I can recover some of my stuff... mabey.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finished FF4j for the first time recently. It is a really solid game until you take a whale to the moon, where it falls apart a little. I wasted 3 hours on it at one point in the crystal part of the final dungeon when the end boss killed me in two consecutive attacks with no time to heal in the middle.

It is odd, I actually have the ability to play/finish jRPGs again. I never thought I would. It gives me hope that I will actually finish Dragon Quest 8. I got the silly Slime Controller (which I really find comfortable...

silly aside here, the EB that I finally found the damn thing in, which was way too hard to find in the first place, had a man working there easily in his mid to late thirties. A very thin man with an adams apple that was far too large for his neck and an extreamly nasal voice. I asked him to retreive it from a high shelf for me an he did. He told me that it is the best controller he has ever used. I said it was quite comfy from holding it once. He said that he is unstoppable in Soul Calibur 3 with it, he even created his own character named Slime King. Then it happen, as though a fast moving 1980's era anime background was behind him, he raised his fist into the air and declared Slime King as an unstoppable force. I fought back my laughter as hard as I could and brought it up to the counter with 2 hori DS screen protectors [very excellent screen protectors I should add] and I could tell the cashier was obviously upset with his behavior.)

...so I will open it when I get back into my adventure, soon.

I am back in New Orleans and it is kind of hellish. I brought a bunch of RPGs with me to occupy my time as my wife remained in St. Louis until I move there in June. Off the top of my head I have:

Digital Devil Saga
Romance the Three Kingdoms X
FF: Dawn of Souls
M&L: Partners in Time
Fire Emblem (the second GBA one)
DQ8 (which I am 30 something hours into)

I really stock piled while I was in St. Louis as I now no longer have really any money extra. In fact, I probably should have saved it. I also have a few fighting/action/puzzle games to beat, including all the Myst games and Uru (I have so far only beat Myst and have no idea how far I am in Riven). I shoulden't really worry about buying anything for a while. Hell I still have ZoE:2, R&C2 and Gungrave: OD from a Circuit City Sale in '03 that I have not opened.

I had a point to all this, but I guess it fell off the train of thought tracks.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NGJ Bonus GET!

Just digging around in some old memories I pulled this up from Oct 2nd 2003. I still remember this night vividly, I am just suprised that I wrote about it.

me wrote:
My headphones are in. I have the little digital volume bar at about 3/4 full. My problems are drowned out in the chorus of Tom Sawyer.

I tap button 1 rhythmically to get the shot separation how I want it. I can't hear the clicks of the joystick, but I can feel it. I drown out the noise of bullets.

My feet tap to the rhythm of Cinderella Man and I hold button 1. I wait for the last moment to bomb and it comes at the climax of the song.

3 credits later the normal aggravation of a management company is gone. The woes of the day seem less ... something. I reach up and tap the 1P Start for anther round to make sure I am still stuck with my skill.

I go for another round with Maria this time. Closer to the heart comes on. It is the live version. The voice of the lead singer send shivers down my spine. My heel begins to tap. I remember why I don't use Maria any more.

Ahh, the joys of Rush and Armed Police Batrider.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH NO RUSH!!
Persona-sama
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you beat Digital Devil Saga yet?
The second game is pretty interesting. :D

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found out that Half-Life 2 really is good, and not just over-hype good. Normally I feel a little dumb for passing things like this up and coming into the game so much later than everyone else, but oh well. It is probably the best game to come out since Silent Hill 2, so about 4 years. And... I say this knowing that while I really enjoyed Shadow of the Colossus and Killer 7 they are fairly flawed games, but have their extreamly loveable quirks, as well as pressing the envelope on game design.

And so I update this to kind of explain my avatar. Here is my old one as a kind of RIP, it was over a year old now, I felt like changing:

-WW2 was pretty intense the whole way through, much like <i>Contra: Hard Corps</i>.

Last edited by Shapermc on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i preach the gospel of truth.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think <strike>Alex</strike> Alyx does it for me.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sorry everyone, I'll probably continue to be away from the internet for the next week or so. Busy with family, work, as well as a film festival, then at the end of it all there's the Wii... which I'll probably work into an article and a few other things.

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so as a couple of you may know, I'm phasing out my LJ in favor of a "real blog" of sorts. I feel like I've moved up. This will technically be my third blog (First: Gaming Journal. Second: LiveJournal. Third: Work and Play). Technically I've attempted this before which is why I have a ShaperMC.com account in the first place (see the old one here).

Anyways, it was a fun three years at LiveJournal. Keep reading my blog as I do have RSS for it an I know many of you have RSS readers. I'll also keep up with my friends list here, so don't think I'm dropping out on anyone.

Thank you all for putting up with me, too. I was reading some of my older posts and just wanted to say thanks for hanging in there through some terrible writing!

Also, Special thanks to AmP for making the CSS do what I tried and failed to make it do!

ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Shapmcer!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm officially on my 3rd Xbox 360. It's kind of rediculious that I've had to go through this many. The first one started giving me Dirty Disc Read Errors around the time Dead Rising came out. I thought it might just be Dead Rising so I exchanged it. New one had no scratches nothing, but gave me the same error. So I tested other games that HAD worked previously, and not they too were giving me the same errors that hadn't before.

EXCHANGED!

So then I got this new one, which was better and had no problems, but a couple months back I slowly noticed that the disc tray would eject occasionally after I tried to close it. Not too often, but enough for me to notice that it wasn't just operator error. I held off on exchanging it even though it would take upwards of a hundred tries to get lucky enough to have the disc drive stay closed. It took over ten minutes to get the Orange Box to go into the console. So, I held off for the new heat-syncs in the console (which happen a couple months back) and then held off long enough so they were the only consoles left on the market. Now that they are I was going to exchange it any time soon (I figured I'd wait until after I move) but today while my wife was playing HL2 on the orange box the laser reader stopped picking up sound effects like audio completely. I was tired of it and didn't have much else to do today so...

EXCHANGED!

I had to get it replaced again, but since it was outside the initial manufacturers warranty it used up the last of my Best Buy extended warranty. I basically had $400 credit at this point, but the price of the version I bought had dropped $50! So I essentially got two more years of coverage for $5 worth of taxes. I'm feeling decent about this one though.

Either way I now have 22 Arcade games (yeah, I KNOW crazy) and about two dozen TV shows that I cant watch offline (mostly just Frisky Dingo). All because of stupid Digital Media Rights bullshit. SO, I called up MS to complain and get my money refunded to buy new games (which they do and it's a hassle, but at least I can play the games offline eventually) but they're having phone problems! They told me to call back tomorrow (when I could finally make out what the person on the phone was saying.)

I keep this thread updated on how this replacement process goes.

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I got in contact with them yesterday and it started with me telling what was going on to one person, then they transferred me to someone higher up. They were telling me something about "needing to have it go to a higher authority". I assume this is due to the quite large amount of things I've bought. Anyways, I talked with the manager person and I was told to: Copy the receipt, Make a list if everything that doesn't work offline, and then fax it over to them. After this it will take up to 6 working days to get things processed at which point I will get a call to let me know "what's going on". They said it would be some kind of license transfer, but I don't see how they could do that, and if they could why it wouldn't be easier from their side.

Whatever, I’m hoping to get refunded the points as I've seen done before. I'll keep things posted when I hear back, I'm faxing the paperwork off once I type up this list.

EDIT: For fun here's the list:

Themes that don’t work offline:

Bioshock Theme #1
Bungie Day 2007 Theme
Castlevania: SOTN Character Theme
Dead Rising Theme 5
Gears of War Emergence Day Theme
Gears of War Map Pack 1 Theme
Shadowrun Character Theme

Gamer Pictures that don’t work offline:

Venture Brothers Picture Pack
Shadowrun RNA Picture Pack
Gears of War Emergence Day Gamer Pics
Dead Rising Picture Pack 2
Bungie Day 2007 Gamer Pictures
Artist Picture Pack [Bioshock]

TV Shows that don’t work offline:

The Colbert Report: The Colbert Report 8/7/07
South Park: Make Love Not Warcraft
Frisky Dingo: Blind Faith
Frisky Dingo: Emergency
Frisky Dingo: Flowers for Nearl
Frisky Dingo: Season 2 Episode 2
Frisky Dingo: Season 2 Episode 3
Frisky Dingo: Season 2 Episode 4
Frisky Dingo: Season 2 Episode 5
Frisky Dingo: Season 2 Episode 6
Frisky Dingo: Season 2 Episode 7
Frisky Dingo: Season 2 Episode 8
Frisky Dingo: 201
Frisky Dingo: Meet Antagony
Frisky Dingo: Meet Awesome-X
Frisky Dingo: Meet Killface
Frisky Dingo: News of Kidnapping
Frisky Dingo: Penultimate Fighting
Frisky Dingo: Pimp my Revenge
Frisky Dingo: The Great Escape
Frisky Dingo: The Odd Couple
Frisky Dingo: Thrust Issues
Frisky Dingo: XPO

Xbox 360 Live Arcade Games that don’t Work Offline:

Alien Hominid HD
Assault Heroes
Bomberman Live
Carcassonne (and Rivers II Expansion, and Kings and Barons Expansion)
Castlevania: SOTN
Dig Dug
Doom
Double Dragon
Every Extend Extra Exteme
Galaga
Geometry Wars
Jetpack Refuled
Marathon: Durandal
Pac-Man: CE
Robotron: 2084
Small Arms (and Expansion)
Sonic the Hedgehog
Space Giraffe
Time Pilot
Worms

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I left my phone at home yesterday and I when I got home there was a message from Microsoft. They told me to call them pertaining to my reference number. I called them and the first person I talked to asked me for all of my information and then said they needed to transfer me. I was put on hold three times before I got transferred. The second person I talked to asked me for all my information again and then put me on hold. When he came back I asked why I had been asked to call them and he didn't really answer me. He put me on hold a few more times while trying to get a supervisor. After being on the phone for 32 minutes and at the end of it all still having no idea why I was supposed to call (other than to be informed that they got my fax) they told me they were putting my name on the list for their supervisor to call back and it would take 3-7 days....

What the hell? This process is exceptionally irritating.

Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks, Shaper.

I just got the red ring of death, but now my Xbox seems fine. How long do I have until the eventual meltdown!?

Keep us posted on this insane journey of yours.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got another call from Xbox today. They basically wanted to confirm some information and then said they were going to escalate it up higher. When asked "if there was anything else I can do for you today?" I said "Yeah, why have I given at least 5 people this information and included most of it in my Fax, yet it's not there?" "Well, I don't know what to tell you outside of people aren't doing their jobs right. It's done right now, I can assure you of that. Sorry there's nothing else I can really say on it."

Frustration mounting!

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a call to Xbox the other day for 45 minutes (I think it was friday) and demanded to know what was going on with things. I was supposed to hear back from them no later than thursday. Anyway, nothing happen, the guy couldn't give me any answers, and I'm at the same point as I was. Anyways, my 360 is going offline in like 5 days (potentially for as long as a month) and I'm a bit pissed.

That aside! I just bought a new PC that I'm going to build. I haven't built a PC since about 2000 and I use to tinker with lots of PC parts before that. I've kind of shied away from them since then though because it's been more a hassle than it seems like it's worth. Here's the build:

Case: X-Qpack2-BL
MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX-S2 LGA 775 Intel 945GC Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 Allendale 2.2GHz
gfx card: PNY GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0
Memory: Transcend JETRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
HDD:
Western Digital Caviar SE 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Optical: LG Electronics Black LG Super Multi 18x SATA DVD Burner
Compound: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

Hopefully this means that I won't have to touch the PC for like three years and it will still be pretty up-to-date (running games from at least he min-spec requirements). I will be building it while I'm at my parents house because... I won't have much else better to do.

Team Fortress 2 here I come! (PC version anyways)

Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am (perhaps surprisingly) considering buying a PC (though not building it) as well!

This info is invaluable. I cannot use my XBLA games/Halo TV ad theme/etc. offline as well. I'll make a note of all this and then phone them to see what they can do. What a load of horseshit!
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lestrade wrote:
I am (perhaps surprisingly) considering buying a PC (though not building it) as well!

I really recommend building it unless you have some unhealthy aversion to knowing what's going on inside your PC. It will save you money and you'll probably have better quality parts than otherwise. This is doubly true if you're going to end up playing games on your PC.

As for MS, I still haven't heard back from them... so good luck

dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I really recommend building it unless you have some unhealthy aversion to knowing what's going on inside your PC.

Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the local place makes BTO machines they're really good and priced incredibly well. I would have to try really hard to convince myself to put in the work when what they offer is so perfectly reasonable.

Don't know if the PC thing is going to happen, but it's floating around in my head.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with MS again on monday for over 30 minutes. They basically said that they're "still working on the situation" where I reminded them that I've been waiting for a response for over two months and they basically said "wait some more". I went off on a rant with the guy about how MS is stealing money from people with these barbaric drm rules, but he didn't seem to care what I said. Finally he asked me a "survey question" about if I was "satisfied with the results of my call today" where I laughed at him and said no, I wasn't.

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as an update to my 360 situation, I've called 3 times since the last post and right after the last time I got them on the phone I decided to file a complaint at the Better Business Bureau. Shockingly the BBB has responded to me and began working on my case in less time than it took for the first MS return call.

Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those bastards. Good for you, Shaper. My 360 feels like "half a man" since the whole RRoD debacle, because the connectivity between my machine, my hard drive, and Live is less than great. Once you get the Red Ring, your Xbox becomes less than useful. Good luck, man; I hope you run them into the ground.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm quite close to getting a house. We're in the bidding process, but we're really getting the price down (their counter was 6% below asking, we're hoping to get it balanced out at 8% below asking). I'll post images and shit when ALL IS SAID AND DONE. Don't want to jinx it.

dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck man!
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've decided that I really need to buckle down and either finish or decided that I'm never going to finish a lot of PC games. I'm putting the list up here so that I can work through it. I've done this before and I do it for one reason: when I'm broke I feel like I know I don't need new games because I have so damn many. Pushing through a list like this takes a while and puts your focus on how many games you really have to play rather than just an anonymous pile of them.

Crysis: I stopped playing... um I don't remember... OH YEAH, it was some vehicle section that controlled terribly that I kept dieing in. Also I kept updating my drivers and a million other things to get the most out of the game visually and it exhausted me.

Fallout: I need to start this game over again. When I left off I was way way further into the world than I had any reason to be. I didn't understand the game and was way under-leveled because I was ignoring everything that wasn't related to helping the people in my vault get water. I ... guess I thought the game was more than it is.

Fallout 2: Haven't started yet.

Far Cry: I actually don't like this game much. It's a bit more difficult than I enjoy, though this is mainly because I'm in an area where I keep getting shot by people I can't see until they shoot me, usually resulting in my death. No where near as excellent as the sequel.

Half-Life 1: I got stuck on a "puzzle" that required me to use the crouching jump technique to get over a box to proceed. It had me stumped for the longest time because I never imagined that the design would allow for this kind of "you NEED to use this terrible control method to pass". Anyways, when it finally clicked while playing CS I tried it in game and it was the proper way to proceed. It was so infuriating that I don't really _want_ to go any further. I may, I haven't decided yet.

The Longest Journey: I haven't started it yet, but I got it for $5 new at a store and remembered hearing really good things about it. I'm really nervous because the biggest complaints about the game are how it has "bad adventure game tropes" that will get you stuck without a walk through. I really, really hate bad adventure game pacing, so I'm nervous about starting this one.

No One Lives Forever 2: Haven't started it at all.

Noitu Love 2 – Devolution: See, every damn time I try to beat this with the second character the game dies on me. Seriously, it's infuriating that this game locks up on me after I've spent over an hour with it and has no mid-save points to go back to when opening the game back up. Infuriating. . . but it plays so well that I keep coming back anyways.

Planescape Torment: Just recently downloaded because of the screen resolution patch linked to recently. The patch is actually quite irritating, but at least it spurred me to get the game!

Rainbow Six Vegas: Not installed yet.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Ok, honestly I love this game but I'm at the point where there's so many options on what to do that it feels a bit aimless. Not in a Morrowind sort of anything goes atmosphere, but I honestly feel like I don't know what to do next and the world is so dangerous that it's not safe to go further. So, really, I just need to man the fuck up and keep playing it.

Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened: Ughh, I even read A Study in Scarlet to get up to speed on the origins of the IP. This. Is. An. Adventure. Game. That sums it up. I mean, it's Sherlock Holmes investigating Cthulthu... how the fuck could I ignore this game?! If I felt like my participation in the game was of any good I would be more interested in continuing, but I wish there was just an autoplay option so I could watch the game play itself EXACTLY how it's telling me to play it anyways.

System Shock: I've played this many moons ago when it first came out (on CDROM anyways). I got that SSPortable for my laptop because I figured it could run the game no problem. I was doing OK with it for a while but then it kept crashing every time I tried to play it. I've transfered the save games over to my new PC to see if I can get past the glitches, but I just did that recently, so I haven't delved back into the game at all yet.

Theif: Not started

Theif 2: Not started

Vampire: The Masquerade: I'm almost certain I won't finish this. Two reasons: first is that it's on my Vista partition which I never use. Second is that I got to a point where I'm seriously stuck and have NO IDEA where this thing I'm looking for is because I've inspected the ENTIRE sewers where I was told it would be.

So, that's all of them and the reason they're on the list. Hopefully I'll update with progress if I make any. The list is actually more daunting seeing it all written down... I was hoping it would have the opposite effect.

dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, really, I just need to man the fuck up and keep playing it.

yeah.

bloodlines - what part are you stuck on?
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
bloodlines - what part are you stuck on?

The only thing I remember is being stuck looking for something in the sewers (which I scoured every inch of) that I can't find.

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a new phone number (finally a local number). I should have messaged everyone in my phone book, but just in case I'm letting everyone here know! If you don't have my new number and want it just shoot me a PM. Anyone's welcome to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Staff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: