The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iMovie help: 16:9 and 4:3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: iMovie help: 16:9 and 4:3 Reply with quote

Hey all. I finished up my iMovie file for my Japan/HK travel video, and was going to make DVDs for my family yesterday. The problem is, the footage I took is all 16:9, and I didn't even realise there was an option for making a project 16:9 when you start. So, my entire movie is squished into 4:3.

I have searched the interseas far and wide; does anyone know if there's a way to switch video formats AFTER starting a project? I've put several hours into editing this damn movie, and I would like to be able to make it 16:9 within iMovie.

If I could, then the whole iDVD thing would work seamlessly. IMovie exports into iDVD just fine, and technically speaking, I could have had this thing wrapped up yesterday. But now I have to export freaking Quicktime movies so I can re-import them into iDVD (I can make my exported files the proper ratio).

On a general note, I've been noticing some other issues. My camera and iMovie's automatic features don't seem to work together. For instance, the software obviously didn't automatically letterbox my footage, which it's supposed to do; nether did it make clips for me! It just make huge clips and didn't separate any footage that had been marked by an instance of "standby mode" in my camera. What the hell?

Any help would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: