The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wii Bowling Vs. Real Bowling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Wii Bowling Vs. Real Bowling Reply with quote

So I'm going bowling with my company this Thursday. I'm going to drink and drink and drink and bowl. Hopefully the former doesn't interfere too much with the latter.

For practice, however, I'm going to try to Wii Bowl as much as I can this week. I consider this a scientific experiment. Last year I won the award for Gutterball Champion; can a few months of Wii Bowling improve my game? We'll see!

(For the record, the year before I actually did quite well. I should compare alcohol intake from one year to the next.)

Hopefully I'll have photos/videos for this!
dmauro

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii Bowling can't help you aim the ball, but it can probably be a big help for learning where you need to throw it. My friend and I both throw in real-life like we do in the game, but simply less accurately. Whereas he throws from the right gutter slowly to sweep along the left pins (or IRL to go into the left gutter) I throw fast with a slight curve from just to the right of the starting position to just to the right of the first pin (and IRL just ended up hitting dead center and causing a split more often).

Speaking of high scores, what's everyone's best game in Wii Bowling? I surprised myself by getting 224.
Koyetay

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of suck at Wii bowling. When i want to spin it, I'm actually pretty good! The problem is I don't know how to bowl striaght with no spin at all. I usually compensate by starting way over at the right.
dmauro

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw slowly and release late/high. Also watch your hand holding the remote rather than watching the screen.
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've got around the 220 mark, but I can't remember. I'll check tonight. Last night I was practicing, and couldn't get past 125—ouch. Not sure what my malfunction was. Finally made it to Pro status through Tennis, though!

Tonight is the night. I will let you know how drunk I get/well I bowl!
Mr Mustache

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it works the other way around honestly (real bowling helping your wii bowling game).

In terms of drinking I find that around three drinks is a good sweet spot (this also applies to pool). It's enough to relax you, but not so much that it will make you sloppy. After four it's all down hill.

Best of luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: