The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wii Slump
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
player 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Wii Slump Reply with quote

Dear Nintendo,

I have been a fan of your Wii console since it was called the Revolution. The idea of an industry wide revolution was very enticing at the time when I was getting bored with videogames. Innovative control schemes that broadens the videogame audience and fosters creativity are things I feel confident standing behind. By bringing new games to the table and reintroducing classic games, the Wii stands to be the high pedastal on which to show off videogames as a form of valuable entertainment. Dare I say it could alter the "videogame culture" in... a much more cultured way?

But I am worried. Everyone is worried. Where are the games? If games are to break free of the connotation of immaturity - why do we not have serious games? Red Steel was a start. As was Call of Duty. But where was the online play? And where is Nintendo's Shadow of the Colossus? Or Rez?

There are developers out there that are very interested in the Wii. Only Suda51, the craziest of the bunch, has made any mention of a game. Where is Mikami or Matsuno or Itoi or Okamoto or Igarashi? Why intrigue developers like Bill Roper and Will Wright? Why was Michael Ancel wasted making Raving Rabbids when he could have made Beyond Good & Evil 2. This is not to mention the armies of independent developers wishing to legitimize the thousands of hours of their childhoods...

So where are the goods?

Sincerely,
A dear fan

"It is a peaceful way of understanding life, to play"
_Marcel Duchamp
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Wii Slump Reply with quote

player 2 wrote:
Why was Michael Ancel wasted making Raving Rabbids when he could have made Beyond Good & Evil 2.

I'm pretty sure that he was only involved in the Rabbids character design and nothing else.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Mister Toups
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus man it's been out for only a month.

And seriously the wii's launch lineup so far has trumped both the PS3's and the Xbox360's (not that that's saying much). I mean yes it could be better but launch lineups almost always stink much worse than the wii's.

Also:

Zelda
Trauma Center
Excite Truck
Resident Evil Chronicles
Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Sonic Wildfire
Smash Bros. Brawl
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem
Disaster: Day of Crisis

I think you get my point. I'm probably leaving a bunch off, too.

In conclusion, STFU another god.
Ketch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wii is the -party- game console aiming to bring new people to the fold of commercial games.
xvs07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that I'm kinda let down by the launch lineup, too. Yes, it's better than most, but the hype was fierce. I, too, am waiting for the killer apps and immersive, groundbreaking experiences that redefine gaming. And yes, for the love of all that's good, Nintendo, get out of bed with Ubisoft and start courting the crazy auteurs and artistes!
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH! In relation to the inital open letter: we can always hope that Sadness insn't a hoax.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go play excite truck, alright.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystal Chronicles is a serious game?

What?

@ Toups - there are maybe five games on your list that show maturation of videogame content. Being generous there are maybe ten or so games that really break the old game mold, but we'll be lucky if more than a handful of those are released in the next year.

_Marcel Duchamp
dessgeega

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

player 2 wrote:
there are maybe five games on your list that show maturation of videogame content.

this is a stupid way to judge videogames. nintendo doesn't care about providing you with a new rez - by which i assume you mean a self-absorbed "artsy" title only interested in being played by a tiny handful of people already deeply involved in videogames.

the wii isn't interested in people who are already involved with videogames. the wii is interested in expanding the audience of videogames beyond a small cluster of young men with a bunch of disposable income. which is a much more ambitious goal than catering to the small pocket of people who hold rez up on a pedestal as some kind of somehow more "mature" videogame.

player 2 wrote:
Everyone is worried.

no one is worried. chill out. play some excite truck.
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
player 2 wrote:
there are maybe five games on your list that show maturation of videogame content.

this is a stupid way to judge videogames. nintendo doesn't care about providing you with a new rez - by which i assume you mean a self-absorbed "artsy" title only interested in being played by a tiny handful of people already deeply involved in videogames.

the wii isn't interested in people who are already involved with videogames. the wii is interested in expanding the audience of videogames beyond a small cluster of young men with a bunch of disposable income. which is a much more ambitious goal than catering to the small pocket of people who hold rez up on a pedestal as some kind of somehow more "mature" videogame.

I agree! I'd also like to add to this that most people, and by most I mean over 90% of people, buy less than one game per month. That isn't to say that Nintendo needs only 12 good games per year, but the reality is that 12 good games a year would keep most of their game buyers happy as long as they had some above-average stuff around for people who rent. Nintendo needs to keep the releases coming, but people who are interested in buying more stuff than is released should really just opt for a second system rather than complain about Nintendo.

dessgeega wrote:
player 2 wrote:
Everyone is worried.

no one is worried. chill out. play some excite truck.

I'm a little worried, but with the amazing Christmas Nintendo's been having I'm sure the games will come. By March of next year the Wii will be swimming in amazing games like the DS is right now. Nintendo just needed to show developers the buyers (and money) would be there.

I'd also like to say that instead of playing Excitebike you should play Motorstorm. That demo just shows the untapped potential Excitetruck had to be something truly special.

-Wes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
player 2 wrote:

Don't try to turn this around on me. Right now videogames are a diversion. That Wii Sports is so successfully executed despite having little to no content is proof that people will only treat videogames as such. And the Wii lineup through mid 2007 shows zero signs of change.

Games like Rez and SotC are not the pinnacle of literary videogames, but compared to Wario Ware they're Shakespeare. That's not to discredit WW; all I'm doing is calling WW what it is: a fun time. I don't even like Rez that much, but I'm mentioning it because it is in the category of games that I'm interested in.

And fuck, go ahead and call it "artsy" and whatnot. A lot of my favorite things in the world are "artsy". Bands I like, movies, television shows, books. Calling these things "artsy" and "niche" are silly. Intelligence encourages art. Intellligence is also niche. What's your point? Judge the medium for what it is.

I find myself playing a lot of PS2 when I'm alone. I'd much rather see how these games would play on the Wii, but hey, they're just not there. Why can't Nintendo create an Ico team? Why can't we get Silent Hill 4 instead of Necro Nesia?

_Marcel Duchamp
Ketch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

player 2 wrote:
Games like Rez and SotC are not the pinnacle of literary videogames, but compared to Wario Ware they're Shakespeare. That's not to discredit WW; all I'm doing is calling WW what it is: a fun time. I don't even like Rez that much, but I'm mentioning it because it is in the category of games that I'm interested in.

You want intelligent games, well then you need to stick to adventure games (and even some western RPGs such as Fallout 1-2 and Planescape Torment). Where the emphasis is on plot and character and dialogue and a bit of puzzle solving rather than body counts and excitement. They area more "interactive movies" than playable massacres.
Which isn't to say that I can actually reccomend any to you, although Pheonix Wright is good in a fairly light-hearted way.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, i think warioware is the pinnacle of literary videogames.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just being difficult.

Also, partly this: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2006/12/video_game_wish.html

_Marcel Duchamp
Scratchmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a year before Rez came out on either PS2 or DC and 5 years before SotC was developed. Asking where these kinds of videogames are for a console that's been around for a month (and most people who want it can't even find one) seems more than a bit alarmist.

The Wii isn't a magic bullet for making thoughtful videogames. It has the potential to be a magic bullet for making accessible videogames, which, as Dess already pointed out, is the really promising aspect of the console and something that it's very much in the process of realizing.
Mister Toups

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

player 2 wrote:
@ Toups - there are maybe five games on your list that show maturation of videogame content. Being generous there are maybe ten or so games that really break the old game mold, but we'll be lucky if more than a handful of those are released in the next year.

And call of duty and red steel are games that do show maturation/break the mold?

and 5-10 games within 6 months of launch aren't enough?

I mean what do you expect? Nintendo releases a console with a novel input mechanism and the medium magically transforms itself overnight?!

Come on man.
Scratchmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratchmonkey wrote:
The Wii isn't a magic bullet for making thoughtful videogames. It has the potential to be a magic bullet for making accessible videogames, which, as Dess already pointed out, is the really promising aspect of the console and something that it's very much in the process of realizing.

And really, I think the worry that the Wii won't live up to expectations is a valid one, hypothetically, since there's every possibility that what we'll get is your standard-issue shovelware and first-party Nintendo staples that use the unique control in a "gimmick" fashion, making the Wii nothing more than a novelty.

It's just that freaking out about it less than 2 months after the console has been released is very much crying wolf. Good games take time, not only in terms of development; also in terms of conceptualization. It'll probably take at least a year and possibly more before we see the real gems appear on the system, which is an easy prediction to make because that's the case with pretty much every console, especially modern ones where development takes a greater amount of time.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So hey, has the PS3 or Xbox 360 really been that different so far?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want literary art, read books. Though Planescape was moderately literate, it wasn't the quality (nor the excessive quanitity) of words that made it interesting. Artsy/intellectual/whatever games should earn those descriptors in ways that are appropriate for the medium.

And I wouldn't worry about the Wii. It took a bit, but the DS got its Contact and its Phoenix Wright and company.

Also, why are you even name-checking Igarashi in a post about serious games?

I agree with Dess that WW has the potential to be a hugely interesting game regarding the indexicality of Wii input.
grumbel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Wii Slump Reply with quote

I think the biggest problem with the Wii currently is that it is missing its Mario64. So far no game could proof why the controller is so great and why I should just give up any technical advances for that. Sure, Wii Sports is nice and might make casual gamers happy, but its not exactly the deepest game around. Zelda might be a little longer, but doesn't really do anything interesting with the Wiimote, sure more precise pointing, but that isn't exactly a revolution in video gaming, beside I can just get it for the Cube. WarioWare for sure will do some interesting things, but 3sec mini-games don't translate well to 30h games, beside I already have played three WarioWare games before not so long ago.

I simply miss that game where go "OMFG". The N64 had that with Mario64, the Wii lacks it. This wouldn't be such a big till if the Wii would just be yet another console, but if Nintendo wants to get this whole revolution thingy done, they better show me what it is actually all about. If Wii Sports is all there is, then I can do without a Wii.

Last edited by grumbel on Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Nintendo,

I will glady pay $250 for your new video game console if you would sell me one through a retail channel.

Sincerely,
Alice

Last edited by Nana Komatsu on Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
internisus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf, dude? Every system enters a slump period immediately after launch cool-down, before the library begins to take form. Nintendo systems are the worst of all in this regard, since they usually get smaller libraries overall than Playstations (not sure about XBox). I never, ever buy a console within the first six months of its launch, and not because of hardware failure, but because there are usually five or less games worth my interest in all of that time. It will take time for the Wii to pick up, and this is compounded by the difficulties for developers, especially third-party, adjusting to all that is new and different about it, just as we did not see competent DS games that took advantage of its capabilities until the early swarm of gimmicks and minigames died down.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
I'd also like to say that instead of playing Excitebike you should play Motorstorm. That demo just shows the untapped potential Excitetruck had to be something truly special.

expand on this, because i'm pretty sure excite truck is one of the most successful games on the wii.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
SuperWes wrote:
I'd also like to say that instead of playing Excite Truck you should play Motorstorm. That demo just shows the untapped potential Excite Truck had to be something truly special.

expand on this, because i'm pretty sure excite truck is one of the most successful games on the wii.

Well, to be honest, I haven't tried the tilty controls on the PS3 in it (but it is an option), but it's a beautiful game with just as many crashes that are done in a way that makes them feel a lot more intense. When you crash, the pieces of your car/motorcycle/driver go flying in every direction, really showing what the system is capable of.

It's basically just a pretty version of Excite Truck, where crashes involve you actually running into the edges of the course rather than trees that were randomly placed in the middle of it. Mmmm pretty.

If you want to try it go to Wal Mart or Best Buy and hold down the PS button in the middle of the controller and select "End Game" to return to the Cross Menu and select the demo. It's good!

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, did you just say that a ps3 game demonstrates the untapped potential of a wii game

i'm disowning you
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the HD graphics are just sooooooooooo amazing.

Last edited by Nana Komatsu on Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
wait, did you just say that a ps3 game demonstrates the untapped potential of a wii game

i'm disowning you

yeah, this confuses me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycle wrote:
dessgeega wrote:

i'm disowning you

yeah, this confuses me.

I'm confused too. What does Excitetruck do that Motorstorm doesn't do better?

-Wes
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know. I haven't played either game! that's why I'm asking.

neither game (or the PS3) is out here yet, but I'm interested in this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycle wrote:

Well, both are off-road driving games, both allow you to control them by tilting the controller, both involve getting into lots of crashes, but Excitetruck throws trees in the middle of the course that you run into and Motorstorm has difficult to take turns with walls or enormous cliffs that you run into/fall off.

And Motorstorm also lets you drive several different types of vehicles (that actually drive differently), it looks a whole lot better, and it has terrain that's actually affected by the fact that vehicles are driving on it rather than affected by driving over icons.

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Whoops. Double-Edit-Post-o-Rama]

Last edited by Slonie on Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slonie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't really on the topic of the thread, but I do seriously dig Motorstorm. I also dig Excitetruck and I will probably pick it up as my second game after Zelda. However, back to Motorstorm, I dig the demo because the game has such as sense of place. I mean, you're not just dropped into a track in the middle of wherever and given a text description of where the track is...You're racing around on a mesa with tons of people there, a helicopter pad with an idling dual-rotor chopper waiting to shuttle people to/from the mesa, giant tents, and weird scrap metal trackside construction. All those little details sold me presentation of this crazy racing festival in the desert, along with the attention to detail on the vehicles (spare tires, saddlebag boxes on the bikes)...I really have to see what they do with the other tracks (all of which take place in the same genral environment, if my not-very-extensive-knowledge is correct).

Anyway, that was just a random thought. Back to your previously scheduled discussion! Maybe I should make a thread about "Sense of place" in racing games, since it's something that some games have and most others don't...

Oh yeah, it plays pretty great too. As does Excitetruck, in a different way.
Ethoscapade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going to coin a phrase here and call excitetruck "wiidundant" in that i think it's a really neat game but the core gameplay has been done time and time again of late, only minus the wiimote, so it comes down to being a matter of just what exactly the motion controls could be said to add.
simplicio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
Cycle wrote:

Well, both are off-road driving games, both allow you to control them by tilting the controller, both involve getting into lots of crashes, but Excitetruck throws trees in the middle of the course that you run into and Motorstorm has difficult to take turns with walls or enormous cliffs that you run into/fall off.

Does Motorstorm have the jumps/turbo gameplay, which is pretty much the entire point of Excite Truck?

Quote:
(that actually drive differently)
I'm beginning to think you haven't played more than 5 minutes of Excite Truck, have you?

Ethos, the Wii controls take what might be a totally automated arcade jump-racer, ala the Rush series (and SSX as well), and make it all sloppy and analog. This is not a bad thing; it creates a feeling of being just on the verge of control as you turbo your way up a mountain through the trees and lift off a few hundred meters in the air and try to aim your descent so you land on another racer for maximum Truck Smash! points.
SuperWes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simplicio wrote:
Does Motorstorm have the jumps/turbo gameplay, which is pretty much the entire point of Excite Truck?

Well, it uses the same overheating turbo meter that Excitetruck does and has a lot of jumps just like Excitetruck does.

Quote:
(that actually drive differently)
I'm beginning to think you haven't played more than 5 minutes of Excite Truck, have you?[/quote]

Honestly I haven't played much of Excitetruck in single player at all. I've played a lot of it with friends over, but I've definately spent more time playing the one-course demo of Motorstorm than I have the single player mode of Excitetruck if that says anything (hint: what it should say is that one of them is a lot more interesting to play).

As for vehicles that drive differently, I'm talking about Motorstorm being a game that you don't have to play for more than 5 minutes to know that the vehicles drive differently. The changes aren't subtle. Driving a motorcycle feels a whole lot different than driving a huge pickup with tires in its bed. It's kind of my pet peeve that racing games have hundreds of cars that unless you actually know something about cars or you keep a close eye on your spedometer you won't be able to tell the difference between driving any of them. Excitetruck has this problem and Motorstorm doesn't.
What really doesn't make sense to me is how everyone can blindly defend Excitetruck over Motorstorm without ever having played the latter. Nintendo had about as much to do with Excitetruck as Sony did with Motorstorm. They're both games made by small outside companys that are just being branded as first party titles because they can be easily marketed and easily sold. There's no brand loyalty thing going on here and you're free to play both games and make up your mind on which one's better.

Personally I didn't care about the genre at all until I played Excitetruck, but now that I can see that the genre's capable of interesting things I can also see that Motorstorm does some of these things much better.

-Wes
Beatnik
Beatnik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had enough time devoted to playing both games, Excitetruck and Motorstorm. Motorstorm is hard nosed on the precision you use for navigating tracks, and Excitetruck is stratigic on timing your jumps, in pulling up and pushing down on the Wiimote to gain, or lose air respectively. I don't think that the crashes in Excitetruck are anything worth acknowledging or meet ends with Motorstorm's pornography collage of individual and distinguishable engine part's wreaks, outside of they are both in slowmotion. Also, that crashing in either hurts your time a lot.

But, I find the gameplay more compelling in Excitetruck, after clocking in what could be over two hours at random Gamestop's and convincing a friend to buy it for himself. It likely has something to do with the store's having the full copy of Excitetruck on display and just the one course demo for Motorstorm, which is a little dull to watch and to play since the crashes seem to hold my interest more than the driving. Watching the Excitetruck game is more about angling your truck so that it rolls down a hill upon landing. That way, the way up promises more airtime or speed. And also, you are watching to avoid those darn trees, and being careful not to over-steer as you drift, which is just what that inanimate, stock, flora want you to do.

Last edited by RaBeeWilliams on Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dracko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious? It just bloody came out. With fairly noteworthy success.
RaBeeWilliams
Beatnik
Beatnik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean? Motorstorm?

Maybe it's my fault, but I'm not knocking it. In my post above, I read over and missed adding an intended phrase. In the second paragraph, I meant for

just the one course demo

to be followed by "for Motorstorm", since I can't really say too much for a racing game that has just one course.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
What really doesn't make sense to me is how everyone can blindly defend Excitetruck over Motorstorm without ever having played the latter.

admittedly i havn't played motorstorm. maybe it's good! but the entire premise of excite truck is using delicate, messy analog controls to tilt and manuever your vehicle. the game is built around it. to say that a game which is played without motion sensor analog controls (they're present, according to you, but the game can be played without them) is the fulfilment of this premise is patently absurd.

in fact, i'm going to come up with a term for this kind of statement. it will be called a "wes-ism".

(also weaving in and out of trees at high speed is fantastic, and earns you jillions of points. and i find it rather easy to tell the differences between vehicles after playing them.)

rabee, i think dracko was responding to the utter ridiculousness of the thread subject.
Beatnik
Beatnik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.

Well, it's not that bad. In fact, the slum, as minor as it is, has been what's holding me back from making a Wii purchase in later days. Lately, I've rarely had moments were I could play a game with a friend that wasn't for competitive gain. It's part of my nature to be so, but having to relay on strictly fun games (like Albatross 18, and Guitar Hero) going solo is a little lonesome.

I'm guessing that's the argument player 2 was aiming for. He wants Nintendo to invite dexterity and competitiveness into more titles. To me, WiiSports seems to exemplify that, though. And it comes with the system. Though, as far as aesthetics go, it's really a bare-bones, but fun tech demo-like title. I think I can understand the foundation of the letter, at least.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really add to this conversation except to say that I played Motorstorm yesterday at Wal-Mart and it was a lot of fun. Definitely will be one of the first games I get when I eventually wind up owning a PS3.
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana Komatsu wrote:
Dear Nintendo,

I will glady pay $250 for your fucking new video game console if you would sell me one goddamnit.

Sincerely,
Alice

P.S. I would settle for a Midna plushie, even if I had to go to the Nintendo World store in NYC to buy it.

Last edited by Nana Komatsu on Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
helicopterp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana Komatsu wrote:
Nana Komatsu wrote:
P.S. I would settle for a Midna plushie, even if I had to go to the Nintendo World store in NYC to buy it.

Road trip!
Persona-sama
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicopterp wrote:
Nana Komatsu wrote:
Nana Komatsu wrote:

Road trip!

I am down for the Midna plushie quest.

LEGEND OF MIDNA: PLUSHIE IN NEW YORK

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persona-sama wrote:
helicopterp wrote:
Nana Komatsu wrote:
Nana Komatsu wrote:

Road trip!

I am down for the Midna plushie quest.

LEGEND OF MIDNA: PLUSHIE IN NEW YORK

Oh god, and there would be a matching Wolf Link plushie that Midna could ride on. ;_; ;_;

Last edited by Nana Komatsu on Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
dessgeega

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not even kidding if there was a midna plush i would arrange her and link into really naughty poses and take pictures.
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do that already!*

*Yes I understand you mean something else by "naughty" but I've been meaning to take this photo for days anyway.

SuperWes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
admittedly i havn't played motorstorm. maybe it's good! but the entire premise of excite truck is using delicate, messy analog controls to tilt and manuever your vehicle. the game is built around it. to say that a game which is played without motion sensor analog controls (they're present, according to you, but the game can be played without them) is the fulfilment of this premise is patently absurd.

Oh, hey. I'd bet some money (or maybe something else) that Excitetruck was actually a GameCube game originally that got upgraded to Wii early into its development, but your point is taken.

I really just wanted to post here and say that i tried Motorstorm with the tilty controls tonight. It's bad. Real bad. It took me around 2 minutes to decide to switch back to standard controls.

That being said, I can imagine that this would be one of the things they'll get buttoned up for the final release. Right now they're just overly sensitive, but if they use Excitetruck as a base for exactly where to put the dead zone they might be able to make them a lot more fun.

This doesn't change my assertion since I still enjoy playing the Motorstorm demo more, but it definitely reinforces your side of the issue. And that's ok! We're just here to discuss things.

-Wes
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[7:01:55 PM] somerez says: wes just pulled another wesism! the motorstorm/exctietruck battle continues!
[7:02:20 PM] anna says: oh dear!
[7:03:28 PM] anna says: wes is a silly man
[7:05:02 PM] somerez says: but he's one hell of a lover
[7:05:03 PM] somerez says: i hear
[7:05:20 PM] anna says: that's not what i heard
[7:05:23 PM] anna says: oh snap!
[7:05:54 PM] somerez says: oh man i'm totally posting this conversation on the forums!
[7:09:14 PM] anna says: ...okay!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycle wrote:
[7:05:02 PM] somerez says: but he's one hell of a lover
[7:05:03 PM] somerez says: i hear
[7:05:20 PM] anna says: that's not what i heard

Who told!

Anyway, I'd like to know what part of my post was a Wes-ism. I'd like to try to fit one into every one of my posts so that I can build up my Wes-ism Combo meter and pull off SuperWes supers.

Thanks!buy a ps3

-Wes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: