The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maybe it's just that Miyamoto has an awsome poker face.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pootivic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Maybe it's just that Miyamoto has an awsome poker face. Reply with quote

http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,67854,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2

He's really impressed my lately with the interivews he's been doing. Despite every cynical bone in my body when he says thigs like "Nobody else is going to be able to do what we do with next-generation game software. So, I can't reveal anything. It's under wraps because it's the big gun." I can't help but have a little glimmer of hope in my colon for the house of N to totally blow past sony and Microsoft.

I've always wanted to like someone else more than Nintendo. During the Snes/Genisis era I just felt cooler backing sega, they were like the 3 flavor superman icecream of videogames while Nintendo was still vanilla (come on, classic sonic vs. classic mario?). Then in the N64/PS days I had this feeling like PS was the system for the hardcore. I had a modded system and thought I was totally awsome for trying to blindly guess my way through the Slayers rpg (Japanese RPGs are fuckin hard when you can't read Japanese). Even when the current generation was comming to be (after the fall of the geek chiq dreamcast Crying or Very sad ) I had this attitude of Nintendo being an old man and Microsoft being a hearless company's attempt at enveloping annother market (yeah, I know, like Sony isn't a big company...). This is the firs time I'm actually rooting for Nintendo. Hearing myself say things like "While you may or may not like a specific game, can you name a first party nintendo game of poor quality?". It feels so wrong but at the same time so right. I somehow have gained the attitude like Nintendo is the alamo, we must defend this last bastion of gaming, the only company who is pure gaming.

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you seemed to jump all over the place on systems. I chose SEGA over Nintendo for 32 bit stuff, but with the N64 I really think that they knew what they were doing, its just that no one backed them up. A shame really. Such wasted potential. Nice article anyways. I only hold out hope for nintendo now because I don't hold any for sony or microsoft.
ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I hold out a vain hope for indie PC gaming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dark steve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else have an unshakable feeling the revolution will control with the 2006 equivalent of a powerglove?

Or even a PAIR of them?
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my theory! A 3D analog stick. You know, something that can be moved in the Z axis as well as the X and Y axises (axies?). You could strap your thumb in and move it up and down to make your character jump and duck, make your ship fly up and down, or construct polygon models in a Mario Artist style program. Or it could just be used as a normal analog stick.

This is just a theory right now, but it seems like it would be pretty intuitive and go along with Nintendo's simplicity theme.

-Wes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shapermc wrote:
Man, you seemed to jump all over the place on systems.

It had nothing to do with how good a system was, I still bought all of the manyway. It was a gut feeling of attachment to a system.
aderack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edible controllers. With a free, if cheap, game inside each. You will have to keep buying new controllers, to be able to play the games you collect.
Hates your favorite videogame
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The games are controlled by your eating!
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aderack wrote:
Edible controllers. With a free, if cheap, game inside each. You will have to keep buying new controllers, to be able to play the games you collect.

What flavors?
extralife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would depend on the quality of the game inside, of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: