The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am ridiculously excited about the Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
are you kidding? big blue?

player 2 wrote:
Does he mean GX?

Yep, I meant GX, sorry. I liked that game a great deal, I thought it was one of the best looking games on the 'Cube, but Jean Claude Van DAMN did the music suck. The character designs left a lot to be desired, too. I think they were designed to appeal to a western audience but just looked pervy and weird. In fact, the whole presentation made me think of X-Factor or something. Just crass, crass, crass all the way and then there's this really neat game tucked inside it. Like a smoked salmon filling in a sandwich made of dogshit bread.
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never played excitebike 64, but i'm kind of curious just on the basis of loving the original a bunch!

f-zero gx is vapid. it has nothing on x.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
i've never played excitebike 64, but i'm kind of curious just on the basis of loving the original a bunch!

f-zero gx is vapid. it has nothing on x.

X was really, really good, but GX... has a much better sense of place. It really felt like a SEGA game, actually.

"It is a peaceful way of understanding life, to play"
_Marcel Duchamp
helicopterp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you don't like the main game (which I doubt would be the case, but I know you're picky) there is no way you won't fall in love with the dirtbike soccer game you can unlock and play four-player. Or the uphill challenge. But yeah the actual racing is a lot of fun, too.

Hey, if you ever do play it, make sure to play through the tutorial for twenty minutes first. It's actually very helpful (if bludgeoningly repetetive).
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true that my house got bored of GX pretty quickly, but I just put that down to frustration with the shitty presentation. I couldn't really judge the game objectively because I've never played it with all the things that bug me about it removed.

It is 4 am. I have no idea how I'm going to get two pirates pencilled in before I go to bed. This has nothing to do with F-Zero and everything to do with me drinking lots and lots of coffee within the next ten minutes.

So you guys get the Wii on Sunday, huh.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

four-player dirtbike soccer sounds pretty hot.

sega does style really well but i didn't think they did f-zero gameplay very well. it feels less substantial than x despite being more stylish.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will excitebike 64 run in an emulator, actually? how dependent on the terrible n64 controller is it? i actually have an n64-to-usb hookup around here somewhere, but fuck if i'm going out of my way to try and play a game with that controller.

this line of discussion puts me in the mind of my brilliant and definitive wii controller essay in issue 4.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
will excitebike 64 run in an emulator, actually? how dependent on the terrible n64 controller is it? i actually have an n64-to-usb hookup around here somewhere, but fuck if i'm going out of my way to try and play a game with that controller.

this line of discussion puts me in the mind of my brilliant and definitive wii controller essay in issue 4.

The N64 controller was fun Sad

"It is a peaceful way of understanding life, to play"
_Marcel Duchamp
helicopterp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly, I think it's probably fairly controller-specific. It has something to do with the use of the R and Z buttons, which make you turn tighter (or in mid-air) and work turbo, respectively. They just each feel like that's what they should be doing given their placement. I can imagine being dissatisfied with a different scheme, but it's worth a shot trying something else just to get away from the painful N64 analog stick. But you will absolutely need an analog stick of some kind.

Oh, and hey the original Excitebike is also unlockable in the game.
JasonMoses

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was wrong with the music in F-Zero GX again? It seemed like pretty standard fast racing game fare. Oh, and one of the character's had a C64 chiptune for a theme song. What's not to like?
dessgeega

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forever he will be my heeero~

actually i like octoman's theme a lot.
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The theme songs were kind of neat but weren't incorporated in the main game so don't count.

JasonMoses wrote:
What was wrong with the music in F-Zero GX again? It seemed like pretty standard fast racing game fare.

See, you've pretty much answered your own question there. Add ass-rock guitar soloing into the equation + how you can't turn it down, multiply the sensation by a thousand and then welcome to my nightmare.
Mr Mustache

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that in comparison to X, GX didn't have nearly enough "ass-rock guitar soloing". But it's ok. I think both are incredible games, just different.
friedchicken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this thread has really gotten off topic!

So a non TGQ friend sent me this, which allegedly shows Wii inventories:

http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii

At the very least, it has helped me to plan out my strategy for Sunday, even if the actual numbers are bullshit. Unfortunately it only shows big retailers, but here in Portland I haven't really found any small Ma and Pa shops, so my plans are pretty much for the big guys. If anybody around here (SE Portland) plans on trying to get a Wii on launch day, PM me if you want, maybe we'll cross paths or something. Oh, and avoid the red pointers on the map, they're auction listings.

So yeah, I'm getting really excited. Wes, I'm right there with you about getting any sleep this weekend!
dessgeega

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wii means you and me.

jonathan mann of the super mario opera is writing and recording forty folk songs about the wii. there are eleven up now.

they're rather lovely.
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it last night! Wii Sports Tennis and Bowling to be exact, but they also had Excitetruck, Zelda, Wii Boxing, and maybe some other games too. There was a big kiosk set up in the Mall I went to to plan my PS3 attack. What's great about it is that my fiance actually played the games with me and did really well! I won Tennis (which I really sucked at at E3, but was much better now) and she won Bowling (because I kept lobbing the ball and always had a left lean).

I'm really impressed with the system from what I saw. What surprised me the most was the use of rumble. When you're in the system menus and you scroll your cursor over a button the controller rumbles slightly, making it feel like you're actually touching something. It makes the almost oversensitivity of the controller a lot more manageable.

Oh, I also picked up my pre-ordered copies of Trauma Center and Monkey Ball last night. Not much longer now! Pumpedupness increased by 20!

-Wes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that inventory list thing is going to be VERY helpful if it's accurate. All the Wal-Marts in my area look to have over 50 units, which is very reassuring as that was my first (and closest) plan of attack, and the local Toys 'R Us has a whopping 80! The numbers for the local EB/Gamestop look a little screwy, though: it listed about 33 for the two stores, and I'm pretty sure the Gamestop alone had ~30 open preorder slots. The EB just a few shops down in the same mall had 14.

When I was in said EB yesterday for my copy of Final Fantasy IIIDS, the clerks mentioned that they had more units than preorders and were considering a midnight launch; I'm trying to decide if that would be worth my while or if I should just try to Wal-Mart one early Sunday morning.

Also: OH NO I DIDN'T!
friedchicken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatsaintlouis wrote:
Also: OH NO I DIDN'T!

Yeah, so did I. Plus the goofy Tony Hawk Downhill game. They wouldn't let me have Zelda even though it's paid and they have them all in and accounted for.

I'm unfortunately forced to concede that I might have to go to Wal-Mart, since they have the most units. My wife and I have a game plan though! We're going to seperately scope places out to see if lines are forming, and then call each if we succeed.
ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, the Toys R' Us that's 6 blocks from my apartment that I was hoping no one would notice is one of the 18 Toys R' Us' in the country (and the only one in all of Washington state) doing a midnight opening.

It's going to get swarmed! Fuck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GSL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But hey, at least knowing it's getting a midnight opening gives you a chance to formulate a game plan--like, do you go and wait in line for the midnight opening, or scout around for somewhere else? I mean, it would probably be pretty disappointing to show up early Sunday morning to find that they were all sold out from the midnight opening that you didn't know about, right?
dessgeega

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you wait in line for the midnight opening, or do you drink tea, smooch your partner, spend time with your family, play in the leaves and enjoy living?

choose your answer carefully.
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm trying to get Squidlarkin and xvs07 to join my wife and I at the zoo on Saturday, so that could be something to do afterwards.

But yeah, there's a play structure in the park outside my apartment which is pretty awesome too. I don't see why adults stop using play structures. You are designed to climb on things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Redeye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApM wrote:
Well, I'm trying to get Squidlarkin and xvs07 to join my wife and I at the zoo on Saturday, so that could be something to do afterwards.

But yeah, there's a play structure in the park outside my apartment which is pretty awesome too. I don't see why adults stop using play structures. You are designed to climb on things.

Most of the play structures near where I live were taken down as "potentially dangerous".
xvs07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
do you wait in line for the midnight opening, or do you drink tea, smooch your partner, spend time with your family, play in the leaves and enjoy living?

choose your answer carefully.

You drink tea, smooch your partner, spend time with your family, play in the leaves and enjoy living *while* waiting in line for the midnight opening. Duh.

(I, for one, will be working midnight to eight Sunday morning... ::grumbles::)

ApM wrote:

You totally have my email, dude. Why is this the first I've heard of these plans? Check your email.
simplicio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my gameplan:

1) get the phone number to the Nintendo World Store.
2) After I get off work on Sunday, call and confirm that yes, they're totally out of stock.
3) Wait a few weeks, probably till after Christmas, until I can walk into any old place and buy one off the shelf. It'd be nice if they showed up by the time Pangya comes out though, cause I'd really like to play that.
SuperWes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PS3 plan fell through thanks to your good friends deception and lies. Guess I'm waiting until whenever I happen upon one (probably after Christmas). Oh well! Guess I'll have to blow all that money on Wii games and accessories!

-Wes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
The PS3 plan fell through thanks to your good friends deception and lies. Guess I'm waiting until whenever I happen upon one (probably after Christmas). Oh well! Guess I'll have to blow all that money on Wii games and accessories!

That really sucks! Sorry to hear that it went poorly, but the voyeur in me wants to hear the gruesome details.

According to the manager at the Gamestop down the street, their number of PS3 preorders was cut in half about a week ago, dropping the total number to 11. Yet still they had about 50 people lined up outside when I drove past last night at 10pm. Somehow I'm betting they had quite a few angry individuals. Then on the news they interviewed some dickhead who was first in line at Best Buy who planned on selling all the systems he was going to buy on eBay. What a fuckface. And he was wearing a stupid fur hat, too. Prick.

I'm at once hoping that Wii sales benefit from Sony's ineptitude and that everyone who failed to get a PS3 will somehow not decide to immediately queue up for a Wii.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently there's been a Wii Playtest in Scotland.

Quote:
“Yeah I liked it, will probably get it for my son and spend all Christmas day playing it” Joanne 35

“I seemed to be good at it, dunno about buying it though” Andrew, 67 (!)

“Lemme put it this way, the PS3 is off my list” Lorna, 20

“It seems strong, I mean that’s one game isn’t it? Wii Sports? And practically the whole day has been spent on it. Imagine 3 mates round with drinks, that’d be such a laugh” Derek, 23

“I do golf in Uni and that’s as good as training, very realistic.” Andy 18

“Aye, brilliant.” - Countless people

You can't fake that funk!

UPDATE: Twilight Princess appears to have a shot which references that famous painting of Napoleon Crossing The Alps.

Therefore Twilight Princess is fine art.
Lackey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
Therefore Twilight Princess is Fine Art.

fixed.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
Guess I'll have to blow all that money on Wii games and accessories!

or you could spend it on seeds and plant a garden.

the nifty thing about buying a console with a lower price is that you don't spend as much money, maybe?
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the local news was live at Best Buy this morning, interviewing guys who'd just bought PS3s. One had already sold his in the parking lot for $900 profit (he'd had a buyer lined up who met him there), and the other one, when asked how it felt to be one of the lucky few who got one, responded, "Feels like this baby's going up on eBay!" The reporter closed by saying, "Have fun not playing your PS3s, guys."
friedchicken

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just saying to Kate that I wonder how long it's taking for the PS3s to actually get into the hands of people who will play them-- I have a mental image of the guy buying the PS3 in the parking lot turning around and selling it on eBay for $2000+. Ugh, I'm all for commerce, but this is especially slimy.
antitype

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell, I actually dreamt about the Wii last night.

I'm still waiting 'til mid-December to buy one! And then I will buy a second Wiimote so I can play Wii sports with my brother. Man, I think I look forward to that even more than playing the new Zelda (about which I don't even know how to feel, at this point).

This PS3 stuff is ridiculous. I do sort of wish I'd had the money/motivation to buy and sell one for such a massive profit, though. Maybe even two, with one kept for myself.
GSL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antitype wrote:
What the hell, I actually dreamt about the Wii last night.

Don't tell me about weird Wii dreams! I had the most bizarre one about two nights ago where there was some sort of huge launch party thing happening at my house with a bunch of people I didn't know and Nintendo's own Reggie Fils-Aime. We were promised that there would be units available in some sort of lottery system at the party, but we weren't told what this system would be. So at one point I went down to my basement room to grab something to eat or something like that, and I come back upstairs and it's just Reggie and a few other guys sitting around shooting the breeze about Nintendo corporate stuff.
"Where'd everyone go? Did you already have the lottery thing?" I asked, and was informed that a secret sale location had opened up in town about a mile from my house, and that the first fifty people to win in a footrace down there would be able to buy a Wii. And that they left fifteen minutes ago while I was still in the basement. I remember being so angry and thinking, "Dammit, I could have totally beaten every last one of them down there!"

So I'm thinking that's not a very healthy sort of dream to be having and probably reflects some sort of obsessive psyche or somesuch psychobabble. Then again, coming up to the end of the term, maybe all my available brainpower is just latching onto this joyful promise as some means of staying sane. Or something. I'm really as confused as anyone else.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always dream about people suddenly disappearing.

i fear abandonment by the people that i love.

there usually aren't wiis involved, though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dream of mutilation at the hands of those I trust, or commiting mutilations on those I trust.

The stuff games are made of!
SuperWes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
SuperWes wrote:
Guess I'll have to blow all that money on Wii games and accessories!

or you could spend it on seeds and plant a garden.

the nifty thing about buying a console with a lower price is that you don't spend as much money, maybe?

I don't need a garden, I've got Viva Pinata, remember?

And ever since the 16-bit days I haven't been a fan of choosing one console to support. Overall, there's usually at least one game that makes owning both/all three consoles worth having/paying what I paid for them, and the only exception I can think of to this has been maybe the PSP. I understand waiting until something goes down, but usually by the time something goes down it's in such minuscule increments that the wait hardly seems worth it. I don't have a doubt in my mind that the Wii will drop to $200 by next Christmas when they take Wii Sports out of it. Does that mean it's not worth $250 now?

friedchicken wrote:
That really sucks! Sorry to hear that it went poorly, but the voyeur in me wants to hear the gruesome details.

It's not really all that gruesome, otherwise I just would have told my story. Basically I had two plans.

Plan #1 was a co-worker of mine who's husband is a stocker at Sam's Club. He found out that they were getting one crate of PS3s and he was going to tell me exactly how many there were, letting me gauge whether I'd be able to get one if I hopped in line at a reasonable time. The next day when the truck rolled in and the crate rolled off, it turned out that one crate equaled 1 PS3. That plan was shot.

Plan #2 was the SonyStyle store in the mall. For some reason people like the hell up at Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal-Mart, and Gamestop, but people don't think of SonyStyle when they think of videogames. I decided to use this to my advantage and my plan was to get in line after work on Thursday night at around 6:00 PM. I went there on Wed to make my gameplan and the employee told me that I shouldn't waste my time since they weren't going to let people line up at all until 5:45.

"AM or PM?" I asked.

"Huh? AM of course." she responded.

So I grilled her about when they'd actually let people start parking and she said it was up to Mall Security. Knowing this, I actually took the next step of going to the Mall Center Desk and asking the lady working there what time they'd let people park. She called the office and came back to me with a reply.

"6:00 AM."

"Uhh, they're opening the line at 5:45." I told her.

"Oh." So she got back on the phone. It took her maybe 10 minutes this time and I heard her say something about how people are acting like this launch is the second coming of christ, but when she came back to me she said, "5:30."

"Thanks, that's what I wanted to know!" and I was off. That's when I saw the Wii and played it for a bit (see above), getting even more excited for Sunday.

So Thursday night came along and it was getting to be about 9:00. I called the SonyStyle store to confirm what they had told me the night before and the person on the other line had some bad news. Some people started lining up at around 7:00 PM and there were already 27 people in line, he was really secretive when he told me this secret bit of information, but apparently this number was higher number than their initial allotment. The people had started lining up on their own (no fucking way!), and the security decided to let them go ahead and do it. He told me that if it's any consolation I could go in on Friday Morning and get a claim ticket for the second shipment. By that time I was ready to sign off Sony altogether, so I didn't bother going in this morning.

I'm thinking I might come in today to pitch a fit until they give me a second shipment ticket. The guy on the phone didn't technically tell me that I'd have to arrive in the morning to get a ticket, so I've got that ground to stand on. I'll just let them know that I heard complaining about stuff gets them to change their policies, and then ask to speak to their higher-ups. The more I think about it the more I think I might go by tonight just for shits and giggles.

So that's my story. I have to get some work done, but I might come back and clean it up in a bit.

-Wes
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's American Pie at the celeb-packed Wii launch Party.

You would think he'd have got a new gimmick by now.

They're about to review the Wii on the BBC's Newsnight Review! Within 10 minutes we will know what Elvis-quiffed gobshite Mark Kermode thought of Wii Sports! The excitement in this room is palpable!

Last edited by Harveyjames on Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
I don't have a doubt in my mind that the Wii will drop to $200 by next Christmas when they take Wii Sports out of it. Does that mean it's not worth $250 now?

maybe not, but is it worth spending six hours on a line in a mall in the middle of the night?

the same games will be on available a few months from now. i guess i don't understand why people are in such a rush to hand over their money?
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me wrote:
They're about to review the Wii on the BBC's Newsnight Review! Within 10 minutes we will know what Elvis-quiffed gobshite Mark Kermode thought of Wii Sports! The excitement in this room is palpable!

They loved it! Firstly, it was apparent that they'd bonded somewhat over their time spent playing. There was a kind of locker room geniality between the panelists as they discussed the various sports. You should know that the youngest person on this panel was about 35 and the oldest, Josephine Hart, was about 100, I think.

Film Critic Mark Kermode usually hates and never plays computer games, but enjoyed the Wii. Music Journalist Paul Morley liked it a lot, but I got the impression he'd had prior experience with it. He got into the boxing a little too much, apparently. Comedian Natalie Hayes loved it and thought the graphics were amazing. Novelist Josephine Hart was the exception. She found it 'boring.' She came to terms with her son's gaming because games are reaching a point where they're somewhat akin to movies or novels, and games like GTA 'teach you about consequence', or something. To her, the Wii represents a wrongful step backwards from that. Fuck her.

All in all, a good response, I think.

dessgeega wrote:
the same games will be on available a few months from now. i guess i don't understand why people are in such a rush to hand over their money?

Touching the future. The electric frisson that one only gets from the very new!
Persona-sama
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'll be lining up for this tomorrow with my friend. I'm thinking of doing a comic review of standing in line for a Wii!

Or maybe I'll just cry myself to sleep.

Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a comic of you crying yourself to sleep!
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
Touching the future. The electric frisson that one only gets from the very new!

nothing is new!

except babies, maybe!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having new system impulse buy urges. Someone talk me out of/in to Rayman, Metal Slug, and/or Rampage.

-Wes
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApM wrote:

In downtown san francisco there's a park outside of City Hall with play structures. They are fenced off and each has a sign that says "No adults allowed unless accompanied by a child". I knew I should have taken a picture.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of those, Rampage is the only one that I'd say you should avoid, but only because it doesn't have such a great pedigree. I can imagine it being great, if done right!

The other two look good but I'm not pooing my pants about them. Metal Slug is great but you probably already have it. As for Rayman... well, Ubisoft's games are always well-meaning but ultimately erring on the side of crappy. But you never know with the Wii. It's your money, I guess!

Hey you know some stores are breaking the street date. You lot could go out and get a Wii right now, if you know where to look. Apparently Sears is a good bet.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, rampage?

is this related to the game where giant monsters stomp the shit out of u.s. cities? because that is something i can get behind.
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. But the more recent installments have been kind of shitty.
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persona-sama wrote:
So I'll be lining up for this tomorrow with my friend. I'm thinking of doing a comic review of standing in line for a Wii!

Or maybe I'll just cry myself to sleep.

Idea thief!
simplicio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana Komatsu wrote:
ApM wrote:

In downtown san francisco there's a park outside of City Hall with play structures. They are fenced off and each has a sign that says "No adults allowed unless accompanied by a child". I knew I should have taken a picture.

You know that's pretty much du rigeur these days. They're afraid of the CHILD SNATCHERS, you see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: