The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shin Reading Thread Gaiden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Goodwin wrote:
Radio Free Albemuth does, IMHO, a better job with it than his first two attempts (Valis and Divine Invasion). Or at least, it does it in a manner more consistent with what people would normally expect from a novel.

What about the Transmigration of Timothy Archer?

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
J.Goodwin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
J.Goodwin wrote:
Radio Free Albemuth does, IMHO, a better job with it than his first two attempts (Valis and Divine Invasion). Or at least, it does it in a manner more consistent with what people would normally expect from a novel.
What about the Transmigration of Timothy Archer?
I haven't finished reading it (haven't really started, it's in my queue). I would, therefore, feel uncomfortable claiming that it's yet another attempt to deal with the same material (re-hash is too harsh a word for it, he had something in his head that he was attempting to get out...from reports, there were at least 5-10 thousand pages of notes on the same philosophical issues that were among his papers at his death).

It really goes back further than that though, he was trying to deal with the ... events of February and March 1974. It comes up in pretty much all his books from Flow My Tears... on, but it's not nearly as strong as in those three (unless it is in Transmigration). In A Scanner Darkly, he basically included a blow for blow description of his experience as an event.

edit: ASD, not FMT.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Goodwin wrote:
It really goes back further than that though, he was trying to deal with the ... events of February and March 1974. It comes up in pretty much all his books from Flow My Tears... on, but it's not nearly as strong as in those three (unless it is in Transmigration). In A Scanner Darkly, he basically included a blow for blow description of his experience as an event.

Hitting up wikipedia as I aparently don't know enough about PKD.

J.Goodwin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
J.Goodwin wrote:
Hitting up wikipedia as I aparently don't know enough about PKD.
Short version for the lazy:

PKD had a wisdom tooth extracted. A woman came to his door and delivered more painkillers to him. He noticed that she was wearing a particular symbol on her pendant. Then PKD saw shiny lights on the wall for several weeks straight which could be variously explained as:

1. A schizophrenic lightshow (pretty common, and he was definitely schizo).
2. A drug experience (he was a user).
3. The Soviets beaming propaganda into his head (...lots of schizos believe this, thank god I've never experienced THAT).
4. The true god beaming gnostic information directly into the known universe, which was created by a false god (the gnostic explanation that he pretty much seized on).

PKD: Troubled? Yes. Brilliant? Yes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's time to get sirius, baby!

i love this robert anton wilson bit - which can be found in the first volumes of his memoirs with the terrible title that shall not be named - of him and pkd getting to know each other because each of them had these intense bouts of unreality/contact experiences/sykkkhotic* breaks/religious experiences. they were trying to suss out who was crazier, and if neither were crazy, then maybe both of them were sane, or at least ok enough.

[stupid word filter*]

these days, genuine religiosity is often classified/dismissed as mental illness. this is an unfortunate turn, at least for this apagnostic.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well let me get this straight again... PKD is writing VALIS under veil of a veil of truth, and really is Horselover Fat? Because that was the assumption under which I have been reading it.

So, what the shit is with the name?

Also, J. are you stating that he was literally Schizophrenic, or just the slang of schizo, which isn't quite accurate to the tech/medical definition?

dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horselover fat is like, some german thing. at least, that's what i was told. i'd say check wikipedia, but you don't want to fuck things up for yourself just yet.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
but you don't want to fuck things up for yourself just yet.

Which I why I asked.

J.Goodwin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not like that's unprecedented.

In the middle ages, people who had psychological problems were often viewed as being set upon by demons. These people were then sometimes subjected to trepanation. The odd thing is that sometimes it worked, aparently.

So, which is worse, taking something spiritual and assuming that it is psychological or physiological, or vice-versa?
J.Goodwin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
Ok, well let me get this straight again... PKD is writing VALIS under veil of a veil of truth, and really is Horselover Fat? Because that was the assumption under which I have been reading it.

So, what the shit is with the name?

Also, J. are you stating that he was literally Schizophrenic, or just the slang of schizo, which isn't quite accurate to the tech/medical definition?
Horselover Fat is a reworking of his name, I think Philip is Greek and means Horse-lover, while Dick is German and means Fat. It's a literal transcription of his name.

He was literally schizophrenic.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, which is worse, taking something spiritual and assuming that it is sychological or physiological, or vice-versa?

both are errors.

after september 11, i knew a lot of folks in nyc - a whole fucking lot - who ended up on various meds and in various treatments. a lot of them - a whole fucking lot - were suffering from a spiritual problem, an essentially unsolveable encounter with death that is too real to ignore. and like with everyone else who has such a run in - victims of violent crimes, soldiers, etc - people come to an impasse, and have to live with this impasse. how they deal with that impasse is part of the story of their life.

some people were helped by these courses of treatment and some were harmed. some have come out stronger, and some carry it with them and it blots out their life. some folks had direct confrontations (got their meeting time moved, called in sick, cancelled a job interview) and some were miles away and in no danger. and they all carry it differently. it will kill some of them, physically or mentally, and some will get beyond it into something else entirely. more than a few had to overcome various physical addictions, often to prescribed drugs, which has made me wonder if medicalizing the anxiety of life is necessarily the best first step, to say the least, though i am glad the option is available rather than being more tightly controlled.

the confrontation with the religious experience is similar, in that it cannot be ignored and it is fundamental to our life's story. to make it pure pathology is the same error as making it to be revealed, inerrant, divine truth.

what's great about pkd is that he took pains to document this experience, and i'm fascinated at the end to which he arrived. all of the writers i truly love had some form of this confrontation in their life that they archived in a particularly interesting way - a sort of "betweenspace" of external and internal reality familiar to monastics, stoners and mystics of all stripe. and like everyone else, some of them handled it well, and some quite poorly. burroughs' flight into a queer utopia of homosexual men living in anarchistic sexual bliss buffered against a decade of absurdly complicated and nearly cartoonish misogyny;miller's own confrontation with the feminine ends at the impasse of a lonely old man, burning out his self-directed rage like a lonely candle; joyce's own flight from ireland as a spiritual concept, and from the sinking of his daughter's mind; the only one who comes out ok is robert anton wilson, who ends up with a model of optimism that gives me hope, in the light of his murdered daughter, the death of his beloved wife, and the decay of his own body from post-polio syndrome. that's what makes dick interesting too, because he came out nearly the same experience as wilson, but from a wildly different end. wilson ends up a model agnostic and pkd came through the gate marked VALIS into something else entirely.

none of the authors i love had what could be called a really happy lives, but they had lives they could call their own.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be clear, I wouldn't use schizo unless I meant literaly schizophrenic, or at least exhibiting the traits of a person who was literally schizophrenic.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no argument here. motherfucker definitely found himself inside a gateless gate.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, sorry to take this briefly offtopic, but dhex: did your avatar always have the "Hail Satan" on it? I could have sworn it wasn't there before, but now I'm just seeing it for the first time and I'm not sure this is the time of night for me to be seeing things that don't exist.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dark lord works in mysterious ways.

Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm digging Valis

It got its hooks in me last night. I guess that part of it was that I was waiting for him to get to the "other part" and there is none. He frequently spends a couple paragraphs at the beginning as a sort of red herring about what the rest of the book will be only to switch into a different gear around chapter 3 which is the direction the rest of the book will take.

Still, it is not at all what I expected.

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put up a Philip K. Dick entry in my Live Journal. It involves me putting together a list of his work and what I have read of it, as well as me stating my intent to read his entire body of work.

GSL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished re-reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Pretty much everything positive that's needed to be said about the book has already been said, so I won't bother gushing over it. Thompson completely cracks me up, and I loved the inclusion of the chapter that was lifted entirely verbatim (as much as possible) from the damaged audio tape. This is one of the five or so books that I love so much, I just have to read them on a yearly basis.

I still need to read The Rum Diary and The Great Shark Hunt, and I only hope that someday Prince Jellyfish will somehow find publication.
Scratchmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '74 is probably the best thing HST has ever done.
TheRumblefish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put down Notes From The Underground for now, and decided to move on to Naked Lunch. Not the wisest choice, I'm trying to deal with the book and surprisingly enough it's an easy read, but it makes me cringe. I don't know what to say here. (Is it wrong to laugh during some of the lines of dialogue?)

On another note, I'm just about finished with "Rotten" The authorized auto-biography of Sex Pistols lead singer, John Lydon. It's not just about him, or The Sex Pistols, but rather a definiton on what the epitome of "Punk" truly was. Good stuff, and highly enjoyable.
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naked lunch is a satire. it's supposed to be funny.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also supposed to be confusing.

dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it's a bit haphazard, but it has a flow and makes sense, i think, in light of his mythology. especially if you consider it the opening salvo in a huge, multi thousand page body of work.

junkie, however, is an interesting document. queer, less so, but i think because by the time it came out it was really a rather common narrative in gay literature.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
a rather common narrative in gay literature.

Something about that classification makes my stomach turn. Why is there a need to distinguish some literature as gay (or, for that matter, black, woman's or whatever other lit. theory category you can think of)? Any literature worth anything should transcend that obsessive labeling. I think it exists so that a bunch of average writers can distinguish themselves enough to reconcile their apparent mediocrity. It's as if a four-story department store were to give out employee of the month awards for every separate department. I'm not sure why I decided it had to be a four-story one.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because the theme of one person pursuing another person of the same gender and getting stuck in a trap of self-loathing and other baditude is rather specific to a particular genre? for the sake of clarity, it is a rather common narrative strain, for really obvious reasons, and its existence as a tragic tale feels especially dated coming from a post-1990s pov.

i mean, burroughs himself woudn't have been cool with the term, and for the most part, queer theorists don't particularly care for burroughs, and every gay guy i've ever loaned naked lunch to has thought less of me for it and won't tell me why (all two of them) but i still dig it and that's good enough for me.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicopterp wrote:
Why is there a need to distinguish some literature as gay (or, for that matter, black, woman's or whatever other lit. theory category you can think of)?

It makes it easier to describe to someone else?

GSL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God for slow, late-night jobs--my book consumption this summer is the highest it's been in... well, a long time. I finished Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby last night, and I think I love it more than the first time I read it. There's just something in the way the story's writing, this idea of being a simple and sane person in the center of constant, gay and decadent revelry that really emphasizes the loneliness of the story. The funeral scene at the end, in which only three people are present for a man who constantly surrounded himself with the most fashionable, is especially poignant, and extremely depressing: the Americal Dream, after you've spent your life chasing it, leaves you dead with no friends and little to remember you by. All the more relevant to life today, methinks.

Now, on with All Tomorrow's Parties...
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read half of Antoine De Saint-Exupery's The Little Prince in a Coffee Shop the other day!

(I should really read more books for adults.)
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i finished midnight's children. i'm halfway through game over thanks to mr. moyers, but i have to read the gorgias for class. it's pretty snappy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Moyles, please. Mr. Moyers is the dude on PBS fer chrissakes.
Dracko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
I read half of Antoine De Saint-Exupery's The Little Prince in a Coffee Shop the other day!

(I should really read more books for adults.)

You better be reading the other half right now.

That along with Watership Down was my childhood.
GSL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, All Tomorrow's Parties. William Gibson is most well-known (and reviled, depending on the camp you hail from) for his seminal work Neuromancer, and while it DOES happen to be my most favoritest book of all ever, I really think he hits his stride with the Bridge Trilogy--or more specifically with the second installment, Idoru. He then went on to tighten things up with Parties and Pattern Recognition. Gibson has the whole 'father of cyberpunk' reputation going on, but I think he's better viewed as some sort of high-tech prognosticator, someone who pays attention to the changing shape of technological culture, media, and the concept of celebrity, and is able to extrapolate from them these tales of a future not so far off nor farfetched. I mean, that whole 'mysterious/viral video footage' thing in Pattern Recognition is SO Youtube, especially when you look at things like this recent LonelyGirl15 hype (alternatively, Halo 2's ilovebees campaign would also fit the bill). That's what I really enjoy about Gibson, I suppose, is that he writes about a future you can watch happen, if you know how to look.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mr. Moyles, please. Mr. Moyers is the dude on PBS fer chrissakes.

oooooooooooooooops. well, dude's fuckin' affable, at least. though he's at least partially responsible for all those "follow your bliss" bumper stickers, too.

anyway, i just finished gorgias; while it's nice to read such cleverness, socrates was kind of an asshole. which is the point, i know.

best thing to happen this week, which has been largely so shitty and bizarre that i despair to contemplate its craptitude, is i found a 50 cent, pristine copy of how to win friends and influence people from the early 80s. the jacket is still very 70s in its design, with red and yellow and other ugly colors, but the back copy about the "sure to be competitive 80s" is solid gold. the book itself? it's filled with testimonials from accomplished persons xyz, who won many awards, and happens to drop this aphorism that fits in with the chapter's theme. it's very smooth, not nearly as morally bankrupt as i had been led to believe (if anything, it's turn the other cheek for business and pleasure) and iit is very appropriate for a rhetoric and persuasion class. it's very interesting to read anything written like this before the cult of the victim took over american culture, and i can see why it sold a bazillion copies.
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, an individualist anarchist birdie sent me this link:

Education: Free and Compulsory by murray rothbard.
loves your favorite videogame
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read queer once. eh.

i'm currently reading the invisibles. that's a comic book.

i have a few used books en-route, but they're written towards practical ends. i scarcely read fiction.

i'm curious about house of leaves, though.

this has been me checking in with this thread.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
i'm curious about house of leaves, though.

Yes, it has my curosity up too. I couldn't find it in any of New Orleans used book stores. I saw it once at B&N but it was big.

Dracko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Invisibles is a complete pile of referential wank. I mean that in a good way. Morrison is succesful in his attempts to make a hyper-sigil, but there isn't that much of a story to it in the end.

dessgeega, if you like his stuff, you should definitely read WE3 and the still on-going All-Star Superman.

WE3 is Plague Dogs with guns. It's also the most successful attempt at a "Western Manga" I've found, because it doesn't try to pathetically imitate the style of common-denominator manga (Not to mention drawing styles in manga are just as varied as in comics), but because it understands the kinetic pacing and framing mostly found in the genre. It's a visual treat, experiments with the format itself on ways which are truly dynamic and the story itself is damn good. It's a 3 issue mini-series, and I find myself re-reading it every two weeks or so. I also genuinely couldn't have guessed how it would have ended, considering how much of disaster scenario it was.

All-Star Superman is going for 12 issues, perhaps more, and tells the story of Superman catching cancer, as planned by Lex Luthor. I don't even like Superman, but it brilliantly uses Silver Age ideas and Supes stories, merging them with modern era tales in a surrealistic sci-fi manner à la K. Dick. It's genuinely interesting stuff and even if you loathe capes comics, this one comes highly recommended.

Last edited by Dracko on Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Invisibles is a complete pile of referential wank. I mean that in a good way.

yeah, though i never checked out anything else he did cause it's a little too comic booky for me.

i like any text that references dozens of rather obsure western occult traditions for the sake of absurdity. let me clarify that; morrison's grand theme is clearly influenced by the peter carroll strain of chaos magick in the uk, among other things, but is made up of the deritus of everything else in the world. like play-doh of all colors smushed into one color.

oh hey, more free text.

http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chaos/texts/orchaos.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is other stuff is worth the effort. Avoid the capes stuff for the most part and you should be okay. I suggest The Filth, Sebastian O, Marvel Boy and Flex Mentallo (Although hard to find as it's never been collected in TPB format. Perhaps I'll upload it later.) along with the previously mentioned WE3 and All-Star Superman.

The Mystery Play is also quite good, Seaguy is good for a confused laugh, Vimanarama is a pretty fun take on the Mahabharata (i.e. Indian Gods as superheroes, also British politicans stripped naked and killed by angry flamethrower-wielding demons) and New X-Men is the only time I found that such a turgid superhero concept felt human and interesting.

I'm embarassed to admit not having much knowledge of magick at all.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll check out vimarama and the filth. they seem up my alley.

sad news:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-krassner/robert-anton-wilson_b_23608.html

aw fuck.

edit: more random selections for what is now free text friday!

http://www.econlib.org/LIBRARY/Smith/smMS.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Free Text Friday. If we're linking economists, you can't do much better than Menger's Principles. The best of the original marginalists (represent).

Also, sending The Great Gatsby in an email is far superior to flaming.

"Ayn Rand fans are the old school version of Xenogears fanboys."
-seryogin
helicopterp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Andy Kaufman's most brilliant moment was when he read from The Great Gatsby as a response to fans who wanted him to do his 'foreign man' character.

I just ready As I Lay Dying for the second and third times this week (I didn't have too much going on). It is a brilliantly twisted work and I look forward to writing a paper on its contrived geometry.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i once got drunk at a party and told a guy who was obsessed with fitzgerald that zelda wrote all of his books just to see if i could get him to take a swing at me.

it failed! i was forlorn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You best pick-up WE3 too if you know what's good for you.

I mean, how can you not love this?

I've taken the liberty of uploading the previously mentioned Flex Mentallo. A similar tale to The Singing Detective, it follows the incoherent babblings of a man on a suicide prevention line, instants after he's consumed a deadly cocktail of drugs in a depressive fit. While he prattles about his childhood love of comics, somewhere else, Flex Mentallo, Man of Muscle Mystery, a superhero with the ability to warp reality with every muscle flex, searches for one of his old partners, The Fact, leading him through the history of the superhero genre as he goes, from Golden Age to Dark Age, blithe and glib, black versus white to grim n' gritty "mature" deconstruction. It's a humanist tale and definitely shows knowledge and love of the genre, but the references aren't consequential enough to prevent understanding the story. If you're at loss, though, you can find annotations here.

It's damn hard to find these days as it never got released in TPB as a result of the Charles Atlas Company getting pissy.

You'll need CDisplay to read it, although you could always unzip the files.

Also, annotations for The Invisibles and screenplays for the first two episodes of the unproduced BBC series.
Scratchmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got about 2 chapters into House of Leaves before I had to stop because all my readin' time is before I go to sleep and it was messing with me a little too much.

Early impressions made it seem like some sort of strange crossover of Stephen King and Borges.
simplicio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly a project, best approached slowly and carefully.

I know Borges is an influence, but I'd say it never stoops to King's level of obvious horror. I found the most interesting parts to be all the framing devices and the care of physical description in juxtaposition with mental states.
Dracko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was described to me as Nabokov having a go at Borges by writing the kind of books he'd bring up in his shorts.

Optionally, Borges at knifepoint.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that good or bad?

Dracko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, that kinda sells me. i never checked it out because the only person i knew who was personally into it was of questionable judgment in matters of the written word.

i may go on a half.com spree and pick up the invisibles collections and the filth, and vimarama.

after finishing the dale carnegie book, i must say it is the most lucid grimoire of lesser black magick i have ever come across. were i to run a high school, it would be one of the two required texts. (the prince being the other.) in fact, were i a publisher i would print them in a back to back edition like the potboiler sex crime paperbacks of the 40s. these two works compliment each other on so many levels.

i was somewhat ashamed to be reading it on the train, however. that hasn't happened since i read g strings and sympathy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 9 of 23

Jump to: