The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hacker Alice - Paper Doll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Nickel and Dime Game Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rya.Reisender

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Hacker Alice - Paper Doll Reply with quote

So back in 2005, I published a small demo of a game I called "Hacker Alice - Paper Doll" on Insertcredit and got quite some nice feedback there. I actually took all the feedback on the game to heart, even feedback I responded negative to back in the day.

I lost motivation to work at the game around 2007. Then in 2011, I suddenly had this motivation boost to just pick up the game and work on it again. And worked on it again I did. I basically did nothing else but stand up, work on it 16 hours and go back to bed. Until 2012 where I lost motivation again, mainly because I wasn't satisfied with some things. I actually stopped in the middle of a mission so I couldn't even make a proper release out of it. But in that time the game went from 20% complete to 75% complete.

Now in 2016, I actually finished that mission and I finally started to replay the whole game from start. It really is my heart project and I could talk more about it but no clue if anyone is even here anymore. It is 80% complete now. I probably invested over 1000 hours into making it by now, and another 1000 hours testing it. Never put so much time and effort into a game before.

I really miss Insertcredit. Back then I never realized how special it was to actually get so much feedback on your game. I tried posting about my games on other forums but the threads went pretty much down without any replies. That is quite frustrating.
I feel like I really need to get some feedback on it, but nobody actually being interested in it just kills my motivation to finish it.

Finish it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Nickel and Dime Game Design All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: