The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr. Mechanical

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Mr. Mechanical Reply with quote

I am Mr. Mechanical and am testing the staff page. I don't have an avatar yet, I should probably get one. This is pretty neat stuff.

Heh, nice avatar you got for me Shaper. Smile
Mister Toups
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recognize that background from any Metroid game...
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scroll down
Mister Toups

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Toups wrote:
Huh?

I'll second that.

I thought it looked like it was from Super Metroid, at least the Samus sprite does. Crateria, in the beginning, looks like. Or it could just be photoshopped.
Mister Toups

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Super Metroid Samus doesn't have those green stripes on her shoulders.

It doesn't really look like the Zero Mission sprite, either.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. 'Tis a mystery indeed.

Shaper? Are you there?

Dammit, now I can't stop thinking about it.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that "scroll down" is a link. I think I need to make link colors something different, but that is just... last time I ruined the whole forum.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh. That's pretty cool.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now the site is up and live to the public. This excites me, and during Konami Week no less. 'Tis a day for memories, I say.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally started cheating in San Andreas. GTA games are always really fun to cheat in, I don't know why Rockstar doesn't just add the cheats as unlockables after you beat the game like Naughty Dog did with Jak 3. That'd be great.

Anyways, the cheats I've been playing with lately have been:

Never Wanted
CIRCLE, RIGHT, CIRCLE, RIGHT, LEFT, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, UP
Wanted level never increases. Doesn't erase stars you already have.

UP, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE, R1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L2
Super Mega Cool Punch. Punch anyone and watch them go flying. Instant kill, but beware, it works for peds as well as you.

Unlimited Oxygen
DOWN, LEFT, L1, DOWN, DOWN, R2, DOWN, L2, DOWN
Go for a swim underwater without worrying about that blue bar! Did you know it actually gets darker the deeper under water you go? Nice little touches like that go a long way with me.

'Vehicle of Death'
The current vehicle becomes invincible and will instantly destroy anything it touches.
L1, L2, L2, UP, DOWN, DOWN, UP, R1, R2, R2
This one is a lot of fun.

Those are it for now! Check 'em out if you're the cheatin' type!
Legal Step

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know who mr_mechanical is. I just mailed him a kidney, actually game demos, anyway that is all for now.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, rather he knows my dads PO Box number.

Those demos rocked, I'm thinking about doing writeups on them for my livejournal. After I find a save point in Skies of Aradia, of course.
Legal Step

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to save anywhere anytime in anygame...I now will lament this somewhere.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized today that GTA is my fallback game.

You know, how every time you get bored of games you usually have one or two that you'll never get tired or bored of? Well, playing San Andreas just now I realized that GTA is the game that I will never get bored or tired of.

Seriously, I can play that shit anytime, anywhere, sometimes several for hours at a time, and not get tired of it. I think something is wrong with me, I'm not supposed to enjoy this game this much but I do.

I guess it all started with GTA3. God, that will forever hold a special place in my heart. It's rough and unfinished feeling, yeah, but damn it opened my eyes and made me really think about what a videogame could be. Up until that point games were just toys to me. After GTA3 they became something more. I realized that and found that they always had been more to me and I had never realized it until then.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Mr. Mechanical wrote:
True.

Do people reply to responses here?:I
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes. Depends on what's being said. Sounds like all you have to say is nonsensical spambot shit.

I do hope you'll honor me with a response.
Ketch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but every time I play GTA 3 / VC I feel that it is a hollow experience, fun but unsatisfying. You are always doing something negative, you can't do an honest day's work in it. The pedestrians are demeaning caricatures, and overall it leaves me feeling slightly dirty.

I'd love to see a game like GTA, but based around *rescuing* individuals / groups from disasters.
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketch wrote:
Yeah, but every time I play GTA 3 / VC I feel that it is a hollow experience, fun but unsatisfying. You are always doing something negative, you can't do an honest day's work in it. The pedestrians are demeaning caricatures, and overall it leaves me feeling slightly dirty.

I'd love to see a game like GTA, but based around *rescuing* individuals / groups from disasters.

Aren't there ambulance missions in GTA? There you go. You have your homicide and save people too!

Did you guys see Warren Spector's complaints about the GTA guys? A few weeks ago at some game conference he said that he really admires them as designers but he's disappointed that the game to really push game design forward happened to be based around the negative side of humanity. It was interesting, and it got me thinking about how the game DMA did just prior to GTA 3 was Space Station Silicon Valley.

I wonder of Spector would like that one?

(Note: I'm pretty sure they made Lemmings too!)

-Wes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh!

Last edited by Lackey on Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lackey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your appreciation of GTA interests me, Mr. Mechanical, because no one else I know who really likes the games attatches the same kind of sentimentality to it.

Quote:
You are always doing something negative, you can't do an honest day's work in it. The pedestrians are demeaning caricatures, and overall it leaves me feeling slightly dirty.

This is the impression I get too. More than anything else, the game feels sarcastic and mean spirited. That just ruins the fun for me.
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like gta2 because it's just abstract and depersonalized enough to stop you feeling guilty about your little rampages. also there are gangsters roaming the streets at all times, so if you feel like violence, you don't have to direct it at the unarmed.
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lackey wrote:
Your appreciation of GTA interests me, Mr. Mechanical, because no one else I know who really likes the games attatches the same kind of sentimentality to it.

It was my third year of high school that I first rented GTA3, maybe a couple weeks after it was released and before the big media storm that followed. I had just returned to public school after a failed year at home schooling while my parents started their own business. I didn't want to have to go back to public school ever again but that was what was happening, the same people as before, the same old story. There I was, just another face in the crowd all over again. It was still something of an unheard of game in the mainstream press at the time, I suppose because everyone figured GTA had already played itself out and that going to 3D wouldn't be that big of a step for the series.

How wrong they were...

I almost didn't play it at first, having just come off the likes of Metal Gear Solid 2 (a game that still has impressive graphics to this day) but the EGM review made me decide to check it out so I picked it up for a week long rental.

That was the greatest week of my gaming life, to date.

The sense of discovery and exploration! The sense of being in a real place at a real time! No longer was I just another nameless face in the crowd, my actions meant something this time! I had the power to save people or kill as many of them as possible. The radio stations, the atmosphere, wandering the streets lost for hours slowly learning my way around. Seeing a hidden package on top of a building and then spending hours trying to figure out how to get to it. Stacking cars and finding new ways to get to places. Running from the cops for as long as possible. Learning to fly the dodo. You know you've mastered the game when you can effortlessly fly the dodo plane with its clipped wings anywhere in the entire map, even the hidden "ghost town" that the opening cinematic takes place at.

There was a whole lot more to that game that kept drawing me back to it than just the regular game portion. So much time was spent just driving around listening to K-Jah and Chatterbox. It was like being transported to a real city with real people, seeing their culture, seeing our culture, through the eyes of our Scottish friends at DMA. If I had a bad day at school I could just go home and get lost in the mean streets of Liberty City for a few hours. The game itself almost had healing properties attached to it.

Liberty City is no longer some strange exotic place I visit when I want to blow off some steam. It's almost a second home. It feels warm, cozy, and much smaller than it first did when I first played it. It's streets and back alleys are all second nature to me, it is impossible for me to get lost in the game. I know it all like the back of my hand. I could probably start up a new game right now and go grab every hidden package just from memory alone. I know it's not a real place but it's real enough when I hop in a Banshee or a Stinger or a Cheetah and just cruise through the streets of Portland or Staunton Island or Shoreside Vale, going as fast as I can and swerving just perfectly so that I don't hit anything.

People brush it off because it's violent and immature etc. etc. But it's got some of that videogame magic that stays with us, that shows us things we haven't seen before or not thought possible in the realm of videogames. It brought the term "sandbox game design" into the casual gamer lexicon, something I find pretty impressive. It is so simple in how it does things and conducts itself, it almost feels Nintendo at heart. Old Nintendo, I mean, the same one that brought us Mario Bros. and Zelda. GTA3 is one of the games that brought gaming to the public. People I knew that had never played games before were suddenly talking about that awesome new GTA game and it was glorious in that the doors were opening for a new generation of gamers to usher in the next age of videogames. The game paints a dire picture of an Americanized culture, yet it offers us a glimpse through a window that shows us the potential for so much more.
Lackey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well if you're talking about those aspects...

Daggerfall was that game for me. Privateer before that, but I couldn't get lost in it the same way I could with Daggerfall.

DMA made Uniracers too! What a world.
Legal Step

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not dead, just on hiatus.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legal Step wrote:
I'm not dead, just on hiatus.

holy cow!!!!

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted for privacy reasons - aka "god what was I thinking"

Last edited by Mr. Mechanical on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
simplicio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the hero of this story is wife Jamie, a steely woman of likely damaged psyche, if ever I read one in drunken summary.

What exactly are you doing in El Reno? It sounds a place in which one might be drowned.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted for privacy reasons - aka "god what was I thinking"

oh hell

Last edited by Mr. Mechanical on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hubz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude get the hell out of El Reno and move to Yukon or something Smile Best move I ever made!

www.spookytornado.com
www.dqshrine.com
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hubz wrote:
Dude get the hell out of El Reno and move to Yukon or something Smile Best move I ever made!

Trust me, man, I will. Just as soon as I finish up with school at Redlands which will probably be next spring if I play all my cards right.

As an aside, I think you need to update Spooky Tornado more often.

Also, Legal Step, are you still on hiatus?
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can never stop playing…

So I finally got around to beating Vice City Stories the other day. I had sold my copy a month or two ago during my latest videogame purge (actually I needed to come up with a certain dollar amount to keep my bank account active, which the purge thankfully satisfied) so I’d been playing a borrowed copy from a friend of mine.

I really liked the number of little odd jobs in this one. It seemed like everywhere you went there was a special vehicle parked somewhere that would start up a new odd job mission for you. There were a number of races too, but I didn’t do as many of those.

The storyline really took itself seriously though. Victor Vance was a character that made no secret of the fact that he did not choose a life of crime, that he was just a victim of circumstance. The character of Lance Vance is quite different from Vice City as well. In Vice City he was Tommy Vercetti’s “inside man” of sorts, his unlikely ally who knew Vice Cities streets all too well. In Vice City Stories he’s a bumbling cokehead who keeps getting himself and his brother into trouble. Near the end of the game there’s a character that acts as a love interest for Victor throughout the game who get brutally murdered. There is a cutscene dedicated to Victor spending much time hanging over her body and weeping after having their final words. So tragic, so unexpected from a GTA game, they normally don’t seem to go for that kind of melodrama.

It’s kind of a bummer too, the whole thing. Because we know that in just two short years Victor will meet his end during the beginning of Vice City in the opening cinematic when the drug exchange goes awry and Tommy and Ken Rosenburg barely escape with their lives. Here you have a guy who gets kicked out of the army because his ranking officer directly above him was a corrupt motherfucker that causes trouble for him the rest of the game, his brother is a cokehead who can’t stay out of trouble who comes to live with him shortly after that, his mother is just here and there, she’s more of a user than any of them it would seem. She stays with them briefly then quietly exits the scene after stealing some money or drugs or whatever. Victor is trying to foster a relationship with a woman he rescued from an abusive marriage under her husband at the local trailer park, but she has a baby and other things to deal with, plus she dies later on. He works his ass off to get him and his brother off of so many bad people’s hit lists, builds an empire from scratch, and all for what? To just die in a couple years doing the exact same shit he was trying to get away from? Like I said, it’s a real bummer despite all the comedic dressings.

One of my favorite characters in the game is a flamboyant transsexual film director named Reni, simply for the fact that there’s a videogame out there with a flamboyant transsexual character. I know the “shock” part of it is supposed to be that this person is transgender, but in reality he comes off as one of the most normal and grounded people in the whole game. He’s the only one who doesn’t have a problem with anything or anybody, he just hustles coke, makes connections, and occasionally the artsy film project or two. The way the other characters react to him is priceless too, in that it’s quite apparent from the dialogue that Reni gets around a lot, with both men and women, and when one male character is exposed to have had “relations” with Reni he tries to play it off like it’s not what it really is and we can see how uncomfortable it makes him. But not Reni, Reni relishes in those uncomfortable moments. He thrives on them even, all the way up until the very end of his story arc where Victor saves him from attacking gang members while he’s on his way to get a sex change operation. And then after he finally gets the operation and becomes a she instead of a he, she offers Victor dibs on her newly gotten “virginity” and it’s a bit disheartening by that point that even Victor is uncomfortable with the come-ons.

For a game that designed to be played on the go (it was, after all, originally released on the PSP) the mission structure gets pretty lengthy and over-complicated at points. There’s one mission later on in the game where Victor takes over radio control of a domestic housekeeping robot owned by one of his enemies. You take control of the robot from first person view, your goal is to find a safe hidden somewhere in the house so you can destroy the contents and bankrupt that character. The catch is that while you’re going about trying to find it you have to heed the wishes of the owner of the house. If he tells you to bring him something, or clean a certain room, you have to stop looking and tend the task at hand otherwise a timer runs out and the owner gets pissed and shoots the robot to hell and back. Then when you finally locate the safe you have to perform a simple logic puzzle to deduce the four-digit code that unlocks it. I failed this mission a couple times and when I finally did pass it I had spent nearly half an hour or so on it exclusively.

I liked how vibrant the colors were this time around and how improved the draw distance was. You could literally look in any direction and see the buildings and objects that were all the way on the other side of the city. It went a lot way towards establishing a sense of place and such. I also really liked the driving physics they used for the vehicles. It wasn’t as touchy as San Andreas but was a bit more realistic than GTA 3. It was great driving around the city and noticing the little differences, like buildings and areas that weren’t in Vice City but were present in Vice City Stories, such as the trailer park and the amusement park. As for the radio stations I mostly listened to VCPR for the two radio dramas they played. Both were from the 1940s, in the game world, and they were called The Time Ranger and Moorehead Rides Again. I won’t go into detail describing them because they’re best experienced fresh.

So I’ve beaten that game and put it behind me now. I’ve gone back to the GTA 3 game I started up last month and I’m considering whether I want to go all the way with it and try to get a 100% save file this time or not. The furthest I’ve come was my original file that was 98% and the only thing I was missing were those paramedic missions. The paramedic missions are easier in the other games because you can pause the game and look at the map in the menu screen to suss out what routes you should be taking next. Not so in GTA 3 since there is no in-game map save for the little radar in the corner of the screen. That, and the missions are on a stricter time limit than the other games so it’s doubly difficult. I know that if I don’t finish those missions up while I’m still on the first island then I’ll never finish them because during later levels the game will place patients on the other islands and there’s no way to tell that without spending precious time driving over there and looking for them. If I constrain them to the first island they’re more manageable but still difficult. Still, it would be nice to have infinite sprint so early on in the game.

I’ve only done the first few story missions but so far I’ve found 24 hidden packages, located all the unique stunt jumps on the first island (but am apparently missing one and I don’t know which one so I keep doing all the jumps, nailing them perfectly and wondering what I’m still doing wrong), done all the vigilante and firefighter missions for that island (in 3 you have to chase down 20 criminals and put out 20 fires on each island to get the appropriate rewards) and have generally just been tooling around taking in the atmosphere.

I love the gritty aesthetic of GTA 3, how real it almost feels but how cartoony it still is. Six and a half years later and it’s still one of my all time favorite games ever. It just never seems to get old, the sights, the sounds, and the general vibe of the whole thing. Maxim called it a “mafioso masterpiece”. I think masterpiece is probably too strong a word. That, or it’s just the right one, despite all the little faults of the game.

GTA 4 comes out in 88 days and I can’t stop thinking about it. I feel like a junky or something who can’t get his fix right away. One more month before I start going back to school, and from then it’ll be two more months until GTA 4 comes out. I’ve somehow slipped into the habit of staying up all night again so I need to reverse that because I’ll be taking 18 hours next semester and I can’t have a messed up sleep habit gunking up the works of my education.

I didn’t really have an ending for all this planned out, I just wanted to make a blog post of some sort.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished those paramedic missions I was talking about. Yay! I might go for 100% after all. Very Happy
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely done with Portland Island now, just opened up Staunton Island. My save file percentage is somewhere around 35 or 36. I've found all the hidden packages on that island so far (33), done all the rampages as well (6), done the taxi missions, paramedic, vigilante, and firefighter. I've done the one off road mission there as well, plus the two RC Toys missions. Done all the story missions too and have gotten a really good head start on the import/export garage (bring certain types of rare vehicles for cash bonuses) and the emergency vehicles thing (same as import/export garage, but for emergency vehicles like police cars, ambulances, etc.). I should only ever need to head back to Portland to finish up those vehicle collection activities.

Now I'm onto Staunton! I'm going to try to get as much done tonight there as possible. I won't touch the story missions until I've done all the extra side stuff first, that way I won't have to bother with certain gangs trying to kill me whenever I ride through their turf. I've been using a FAQ on gameFAQS that tells you exactly what you need to do to get 100%, just to keep track of everything. Going smoothly so far and if I can keep up this pace I'll be done before the end of the week.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49%!

I've done everything on Stauton Island now except for the story missions, which will come later after I've had time to rest my weary thumbs.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'm back on GTA 3 again. Hadn't played it since I last posted here actually, busy with other stuff as usual. Well, that's a lie I guess. I did play it some with a friend of mine who is also into the jee-tea-aye. Vice City is more his flavor though, and if you ever saw him, how he looked and such, you'd know exactly why too. He's the only person I know who actually listens to 80s hair metal and likes it.

So! I'm at the last island, Shoreside Vale. Got there last night or early this morning, whichever it was, and I've found all the hidden packages, and have started up the firefighter missions. I'll complete those, then do the rest of the vigilante missions. I've already done the off-road mission and the rc toyz mission that are on that island, and I still have the unique stunt jumps and rampages to do as well before moving on with the rest of the story missions. I also need to do the import/export garage asset that's on this island which will be a lot more fun to do than the last one since it's required you steal all the cool sports cars and such. Oh, and I need to somehow acquire a tank for the emergency vehicle asset thing I mentioned last time. That should be pretty fun.

I think my percentage now is somewhere in the high 60s to low 70s, can't really remember what it was last time I checked before turning the game off. Few more days, maybe a week, it'll be at 100 and I will have totally owned this game in every way possible.

Also, school starts up again three weeks from today. Awesome!
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA 3 beta video

Vice City beta video

San Andreas beta video

Just came across these and I think they're kind of neat, especially where they note the changes that were made to the design of the maps of each game. It's pretty cool getting a glimpse at how the games were developed.

Also, I'm at 90% in GTA 3 right now. Just got the rampages and the final story missions, I think, and that should be that.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my GTA3 save file is now at 100%. Feels pretty good for the most part. Now I'm debating if I should try to 100% Vice City... Nah, on second thought I think I'll just enjoy the rest of my summer without worrying about that.
rake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i protest! GTA is clearly an anti-pigeon game!
Rake the Pigeon is furious! Mad
[pigeons pigeons pigeons]
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted some spam from the main forum because I checked back in and realized I've been derelict in my mod duties. But that's not the real reason I'm here.

Basically, I miss this place. It's pretty dead at the moment but it seems RaBee and Wes still post occasionally. Cycle and Dess sometimes. The only one who still seems to be around in any capacity is Redeye. I think I'm going to start posting here regularly again, even if it's just in this topic.

I haven't written anything just to write it since I deleted my livejournal. I've written papers for school though, so I guess that counts for something. At least my writing chops are still being developed for that reason, thankfully.

Speaking of which, this is where I go to school now. I'm on my third semester there, which starts next month. I like it a lot and have met some great people there. I'm majoring in Ethics and Religion, which is their newest Philosophy program. And I've been giving some thought about going to law school when I'm done with my BA.

Still don't really know what I want to do with my life. I'm going to be 26 this year and I'm starting to feel like I need to figure this out sooner rather than later. Hence, law school. I come from a family of lawyers so it seemed like the thing to do. Plus as a lawyer there seems like a lot of potential good I could do for other people. I don't really know if I'm cut out for it but I'll find out if I actually pursue it.

As for video games, well I'm still pretty active in that department as my posts at Select Button will attest to. Razz I'm going to build a new computer pretty soon so I'll have yet another platform on which to game and will probably shift most of my gaming activity to the PC once that occurs.

Man this place feels like home to me right now.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I remembered my password!

I'm glad these forums are still here, even if no one is reading/posting in them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Staff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: