The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fallout 2! Downloadable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seryogin
JRPG Kommissar
JRPG Kommissar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Fallout 2! Downloadable? Reply with quote

A long, long time ago I lost my copy of Fallout 2 (along with the collector's edition of X-Com Trilogy). It was pity to, because I liked the box art and the spiral notebook manual that came with it.

Is there any place to get this on this on the internets without resorting to torrents?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna be abandonware for a long time.

Torrent or buy.

Rolling Eyes
The Great Unwashed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you live (so this probably won't be of use to you, sorry!), but it's worth noting for the Australians out there that EB Games (damn their dirty hides, etc.) has the Fallout Collectors Edition (1,2, and Tactics) for like... $19 right now. Or something (lots of parantheses, does a good post make).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah my local Gamestation (a Uk STORE) has F1+F2 for 5 pounds. Thing is I won't be buying another copy. I started out doing like 1-hour a night but ended up doing about 4-6 a day. I'll still buy FO3 coz I loved Oblivion (also digital crack) and I adore the setting with its mixture of grit, humour, violence, pop-culture and absurdity. This is also one massive reason why I will NEVER touch a conventiona MMORPG. Too dangerous.

Although that isn't as BAD as my worst binge ever, 9 hours on Planescape Torment, and then took it back to the shop "coz I didn't like it". I think it would have been interesting to see where that game went...
sediment

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torment was quite good. you may have done yourself a disservice by handing it back.

i loaned my copy to a kid in high school and likely will never see it again. bastard.

parkbench

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure my brother just sold torment on amazon or something for like 70$
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you have done yourself a disservice by handing it back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: