The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sushi D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sushi d

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Sushi D Reply with quote

They call me Sushi D on this grand wide sea known as "The Internet".

Unfortunatly, i beleive i maybe addicted to gaming, more so now than ever. I beleive "Metal Gear Solid 3" and "Doukutsu Monogatari" are to blame.

Expect me to spit out various notes and doodles (from hence forth known as 'art') relating to the subject once i get back into the groove and start working again...

(damn those kerotans.)

Currently games (* = via emulation):
"Doukutsu Monogatari"
"Metal Gear Solid 3"
"Dragon Quest 6" *
"Breath of Fire 3" *

Suggested Listening Music:
"Super Dodgeball" - Russia Theme
"Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun"/"Renegade" - Train theme
Sushi d

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAUGH!

breath of fire 3 has reached the point in rpgs when they become unbearably annoying.

i hate when that happens.

luckily..i side quested into some 'Ape Escape'... i gotta say.. that is one fine game and i need more it. i must find 2 and 3.... its such a cool experience...
Sushi d

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goddamn!
so i forced myself to traverse the stupid annoying desert in BoF3... man it was annoying... took me over 3 hours to get there...

it was UNBEARABLE!. ..
it was even more so when the characters themselves start getting annoyed too..

this game lacks that lovely charm that its previous iterations are well known for.. which makes me a sad panda.

anyway.. do not touch 'Ganbare Dodge Fighters'. its unclean and it puts a stain in the awesome and reveared dodgeball quilt created by the hands of technos

hmmm... why hasn't anyone interviewed the greatness that is 'pixel' of 'studio pixel'?
Sushi d

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...

i've never noticed this before... but a good game after a long day of work is so... enjoyable...
Sushi d

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whooo!

so i bought a game.. for me.. thats a big thing..as i rarely buy games these days.. but this time it was really different.. i decided to buy a game by its front boxart alone..i didnt even look at the back for good measure... amidst all the covers... the only one to catch my eye was 'ape escape: pumped and primed'. it was the only one to look different out of all that i saw.. so i picked it up and bought it.

well..

it was a good choice. its pretty much just the various 'ape escape' systems adapted to a p.competitive multi-player battling game. there are a few flaws here and there... but this game makes up for it with sheer spunk..

its a very good multiplayer game... you dont see too much of those anymore... i beleive someone said something along the lines of 'Video games are slowly turning into masterbation jr. You just sit there and play with yourself.'... thats obviously not cool at all... but this game... its one of the few that are worth purchasing and keeping around incase visitors come by.. it makes me wish i had a multi-tap..

man i love wailing on them Pipo* Monkeys... it never gets old.

________________________________________________________________________________________
* - a contraction of 'Peak point'
() images swiped from IGN... if only there was a better screen shot archive out there..
Sushi d

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello again, all you "looking-glass" people.

meh, i'm still a-o-k, for the most part. so far, this week has been very unlucky for me. with everything whizzing by so fast that i can barely keep up, i've still managed to keep my cool for the most part.

hmmm. yes. whoo..

i seem to be having trouble thinking up of what to write here really. i mean sure i can complain for days on end about how crappy my job is and how much i need a break from having to overwork myself. but, not only would it be a pain to write out but it would generally be meaningless in the long run. especially for me, because i usually tend to "keep my eyes on the road" and not look back at things too often. oh well.

regarding my current status:

entertainment-wise, i've been enjoying the DS and a few of its games such as "Pheonix Wright". it think the whole touch pad thing was a good idea on nintendo's part and is another positive aspect of this well made (although slighty cheap feeling) system.

regarding the wife-hunt, i have yet to find any new targets worth attemping to court. i really need to pick up the pace.

financially, I'm doin good. just have to find a new job within the local area quick lest i go down with the current ship i'm on.

physicall, i'm out of shape. once school sets in and i get settled into the new rythm, i'm going to start pushing myself really hard and maybe try to raise my morale a bit.

thats about it.

anyhow..

i've been practicing doodling some more. if you got any complaints about it just bitch about it, like you kids usually do, and i'll try to go about and fix it next time i'm on.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
segata sanshiro (a.k.a hiroshi fujioka). i like these sega saturn commercials. rather than pursuade you to buy their product, they outright tell you so. that is a bold maneuvere, indeed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
something original. i really didnt like how it turned out, but i like the design. i might redo it again soon.

These next batch of images are different. I've made these in open canvas, meaning that i saved the event files. in other words you can watch how i go about doing things. In order to open .WPE files you need to have a copy of the open canvas application itself. windows only from my knowlege. i dont know if a mac version exists.

which you can get here: http://valenz.org/pics/opencanvas.zip

let's go then.

Image hosted by Sushi_D
http://valenz.org/pics/girl.wpe
i was mining around the various X-chans for images to practice painting with. hmm. interestingly enough the picture this doodle was based off is of a guy. still a good picture though. i need to work in a more higher resolution..

Image hosted by Sushi_D
http://valenz.org/pics/kamen.wpe
i plucked this one off 2chan.net. kamen rider hibiki. remind me to clear some HD space to download that show.

Image hosted by Sushi_D
http://valenz.org/pics/uni.wpe
meh, some kunio-kun fanart. i was trying to study the way i draw with this one. it helped me a tad. needs more muscle though.

Image hosted by Sushi_D
http://valenz.org/pics/maya.wpe
this sketch was more or less done on the fly. no planning whatsoever. came out kinda crappy. some pheonix wright fanart of "maya fey".

finally. here are some collaborations between a few folks. mostly with chao-one and ana.
they are more talented than i.

http://valenz.org/pics/aa.wpe
http://valenz.org/pics/bb.wpe
http://valenz.org/pics/hh.wpe

their sites for goodness' sake. please visit them.
http://www.nights.nu/c-onestyle/
http://dreamlink.mspencer.net/

and i'm spent.
Have a nice and safe weekend, ok.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what opens .wpe files?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opencanvas, I think.

And there is no mac version (I have searched many hours in the past, only to have failed)
diamondblast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Sushi D Reply with quote

Sushi d wrote:
They call me Sushi D on this grand wide sea known as "The Internet".

Unfortunatly, i beleive i maybe addicted to gaming, more so now than ever. I beleive "Metal Gear Solid 3" and "Doukutsu Monogatari" are to blame.

Expect me to spit out various notes and doodles (from hence forth known as 'art') relating to the subject once i get back into the groove and start working again...

(damn those kerotans.)

Currently games (* = via emulation):
"Doukutsu Monogatari"
"Metal Gear Solid 3"
"Dragon Quest 6" *
"Breath of Fire 3" *

Suggested Listening Music:
"Super Dodgeball" - Russia Theme
"Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun"/"Renegade" - Train theme

at least you past the denial part of the addiction
it's the most difficult part
now you on the wat to the cure Smile do u want to be cured?
heh heh heh...BTY I love these sites SPAM SPAM SPAM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Staff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: