The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The End ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: The End ? Reply with quote

What if when you played a game for hours and got to the end it said.

"Fool! You've just wasted 50 hours playing this thing, see how easily we were able to manipulate you. While you were sitting there pressing buttons, other people were out there having *real* fun! gaining real experiences, making love, earning money. What have *you* got to show for the last 50 hours you spent on this game? Every random encounter was an experiment to see how much time you would spend just to 'level up'.

S-o l-o-n-g s-u-c-k-a !
Swimmy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suicide rate + 12% as millions of nerds gain moderate self awareness. Either that or they all go masturbate and cry afterwards.

The ones that laugh at it are the ones that don't fill every void in their lives with videogames to begin with.
DonMarco

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL HALO 2 .
wourme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, I'd disagree with the game. To me, video games that are worth playing are "real" experiences and they are certainly as important as making money.

If the game were not worth playing in the first place, I'd hope that I would have quit it long before the end. I've bought several games in the past year or so that I've realized were not going to be worth my time a short way in and given away. Though I still probably spend more time with some games than they are worth.

It annoys me more and more how many otherwise very good titles these days throw in annoying filler so that they'll be longer. It's easy to see through, and I'm not sure why they do it, exactly. Do they really listen to those people who expect X hours of gameplay for Y dollars? That's an attitude I don't understand. But then, I almost never buy a game new at full price.
simplicio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem is that I know too many people whose ideas of a good time are going out to bars. Period.

Now, when I was a few years younger and more idealistic it might've worked. But a couple years younger than that and I don't know if I'd have agreed.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a real good time going to a bar last night.

well, first we had dinner at juniors. which is a total gutbomb. some crazy rasta guy outside was telling me about the sun and the moon, when i thought he was actually asking me a question. in hindsight, it's probably a good way to get stabbed because i had to bend down to hear him a bit, and that's never smart. but the cheesecake was capital. the short ribs were quite good, though i think their fried chicken is a bit excessive.

so then we went to the brazen head on atlantic avenue btwn court and boerum. it's a nice irish pub type place that was totally dead on a saturday night (score!). we played scrabble and operation. i lost at operation, but won at scrabble using mostly dirty words. it still bothers me that i couldn't quite get "smegma" for the win, though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discuss: Are all games masturbatory? Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes
DonMarco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL SEAMAN.
Legal Step

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonMarco wrote:
LOL HALO 2 .

Marco spoilers
Mister Toups
Hates your favorite videogame
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: The End ? Reply with quote

Ketch wrote:
What if when you played a game for hours and got to the end it said.

"Fool! You've just wasted 50 hours playing this thing, see how easily we were able to manipulate you. While you were sitting there pressing buttons, other people were out there having *real* fun! gaining real experiences, making love, earning money. What have *you* got to show for the last 50 hours you spent on this game? Every random encounter was an experiment to see how much time you would spend just to 'level up'.

S-o l-o-n-g s-u-c-k-a !

Metal Gear Solid 2?
Lackey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine they told you right at the beginning though. This is how many unlockables there are, this is how long it will take you to get to the end, this is exactly what you will need to do before you get there. That would be honest, would it encourage you to play even more?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: