The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feed me info about Cho Ren Sha 68k.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dracko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Feed me info about Cho Ren Sha 68k. Reply with quote

Cho Ren Sha 68k, from what little I've gathered, was a title developed for the Sharp X68000, a Japan-only home computer that saw production between 1987 and 1993.

I suppose then, that makes it one of the original bullet hell shooters? I wouldn't know, there's very little info outside on this title, not even a Wiki entry, though it enjoys popularity among the indie gaming crowd, and not without reason: It's frenetic, filled with clever tricks and secrets, and tough as nails. I myself have only gotten round to the end of the third stage. I mean, I love bullet hells, they help me concentrate, but I'm hardly going to say I'm good at them. It's also colourful and vivid, and the fact that your enemies are all rather large give you a sense of scale while also freaking you out somewhat considering the small amount of space you have to navigate in.

So yes, anyone out there who's more familiar with this sort of stuff have extra info to give? Anyone more skilled have some handy hints and secrets to share?
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing that I have to add is that if you let the attract mode run it's basically a super play through the whole game. It's actually not that difficult to beat the first loop of the game, and I believe it has three loops. Very solid title, but I never got use to the three powerup trick, which you really need to come back in the game after a death.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: