The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to do with old Issues of the Gamer's Quarter . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: What to do with old Issues of the Gamer's Quarter . . . Reply with quote

Or any other game magazine out there. If you're like me, you probably still have old GamePros, Nintendo Powers, and who else knows what laying around your house somewhere. Personally, I have at least a hundred or so gaming magazines packed away in a box somewhere, and I have no idea what to do with them. I mean, why keep all this now useless gaming information? Well, with TGQ, it's much more different. It's more newspaper worthy, well . . . literature. But with all the old gaming magazines, what's left of their life-cycle? WHat to do? Trash? Recycle? Burn them all?

I'd like not to let that happen, because it seems like such a waste, so I've been trying to think up of alternate ways to use them. I see that you can purchase some old Nintendo Powers on Ebay for some money now, so why not hold onto some of the more popular magazines to sell in the future . . .but the rest? Any ideas? So far I've only come up with donating them to a library, and maybe a children's hospital . . . What other ideas can you come up with for useless gaming knowledge in magazine form?
Winged Assassins (1984)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magazines make great mouse mats.
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck in the same situation! I actually love all this ancient game knowledge, but they take up so much space. I wish there were DVD collections of all the magazines I have (I plan to offload all my Retrogamer magazines after I buy the DVD collection), but sadly they are mostly Australian so it will never happen. I like the idea of donating them to places. Maybe to a library or, as you say, the hospital (specifically the childrens hospital). But I want to scan them all first and that will take five years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep trying to pawn off my game mag collection to ken gifford, to no avail. I feel like that would be the most humanitarian thing to do. Otherwise they will sit there and Collect Dust, which I guess is a job somebody has to do.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycle wrote:
I'm stuck in the same situation! I actually love all this ancient game knowledge, but they take up so much space. I wish there were DVD collections of all the magazines I have (I plan to offload all my Retrogamer magazines after I buy the DVD collection), but sadly they are mostly Australian so it will never happen. I like the idea of donating them to places. Maybe to a library or, as you say, the hospital (specifically the childrens hospital). But I want to scan them all first and that will take five years.

I bet you could get it all done in a week! You'd just have to work REALLY hard Sad
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, have you seen my collection? It would take FOREVER. And there is no TV in the room with the scanner Sad
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move the TV just for that week Sad

Or move the scanner Sad

It'd be worth it! You wouldn't have all those magazines clogging up your house, AND you could share the material with the rest of the world. You'd be a legend! Smile

Sad
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I store mine in my mom's basement as stuff I'll "pick up some day".

Pretty much all I hung onto was Gamefan and Nintendo Power.

-Wes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: