The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Age of Ho-man
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjsimpso

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a two-handed speced Barbarian and am having fun with that. I also kind of want to try out the Herald of Xotli because it seems pretty unique as far as MMO classes go. I'm currently resisting every urge I have of rolling up a standard caster, but I know I will break down eventually and make a demonologist.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My inital impressions were a bit skewed about this game. Even though I was running the game on High settings visually and getting 40-60 fps (though I can't turn on any anti-aliasing w/o dropping below 20fps) the setting seemed really phoney to me. I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I realized that I just had my camera a bit too close to the character! Zooming out really changes the way the game looks.

I mean, I'd seen a ton of screen shots, so I knew exactly what I was in for but something felt ... really off. I guess I was just expecting a bit too much in the details. Anyways, I'm really digging the game now that I'm playing how I want.

I actually picked up a book of Conan stories to get more acquainted with the setting and, you know, they're really pretty damn good stories. At least from a purely entertainment point. Reading about three of them last night sent me on a mission to pick up the single dvd collection of both Conan films because... well, I don't own them and think that they are pretty awesome. I mean, comeon, Conan--in a drunken fit--punches out a camel. It's amazing.

~

Ok, I'm on my fourth assassin. MIND YOU this is all because by the time I got into the city (about lvl 5, 30min in) they didn't look right. It was usually because I got a bit too zealous with the advanced options and made them look like aliens or something.

Anyways, I was on the Hyperborea server but the name that I spent a lot of time thinking about for my character was taken. I wanted Vice, but went with Misanthropy... which also suited the character I was going to build, but wasn't the same. Anyways I found some other people I know playing on the Cimmeria (how ever it's spelled) sever which is also PvP (sorry Wiccana server Sad ) and RP (which I feel like I need after going into a standard PvP server and seeing the general chat flooded with boob discussion) and my character name was available.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
sediment

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I only managed to score one of the names I wanted, and that was on my assassin.

My necro ended up with a cooler name anyway. But yeah, the Conan material is very immersive (even if that's probably just because of how close to the BCE-CE transitional mediterranean world it is). I'm maybe coming to realize maybe perhaps maybe that since the majority of Conan-setting women of note are either chained damsels in distress or zenith warrior women I'm the kind of girl who is into one or both and I'm not sure which. Sad

edit: upon further reflection, most of my characters are mages so I'm guessing I lean more toward the power-mad-vision-of-the-future-galadriel sort. I COULD BE A QUEEEEEN

jjsimpso

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge fan of Howard's Conan stories. I think a lot of people have misconceptions about them until they actually read a few. The Lovecraftian elements are awesome and it seems like the game is doing a decent job of capturing that so far. The Arnold movies could have been better but I agree that they are still good fun.

I am almost out of Tortage!. I hear from a lot of people that it gets much better when you leave. I don't have many problems with Tortage so far, so my hopes are high!
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjsimpso wrote:
The Lovecraftian elements are awesome and it seems like the game is doing a decent job of capturing that so far.

Good! HPL is one of my favorite short story writers and I was shocked at the similarity between the writing when I read it. I did a bit of research and found out they (Howard and Lovecraft) were close friends and it blew me away. Though, it kind of makes sense considering when and who Howard was writing for.

bleak

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who are desiring more frames per second, there are a couple of things you can try.

First, disable shadows. That for some reason causes a huge drop in framerate for a lot of users.

Second, try running in windowed mode. It's no guarantee but this will probably net you an appreciable amount of frames as well.

Third, stay with me here. Third, run WMP while you're running AoC. Mixed results with this one too, like the ones before it, but it can net you an extra 20 FPS if you're lucky. There's a .NET framework project that you can get that has an almost nonexistent memory footprint since it's an empty project, here it is: http://www.filedropper.com/emptyproject They both work since both programs force processes through some sort of .NET wringer, and that ultimately ends up helping AoC in the long run.

Disclaimer: Scan for viruses etc, I haven't tried to run emptyproject personally.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying Emptyproject now, I'll post my results and my fiancee's since we operate on very different rigs (hint: mine is minimal recommended specs, and I usually get 6ish fps, though it varies between 3spf and 12fps depending on the area. tarantia is hell)

Tortage compared to the rest of the game is sort of like a pleasant dream. My main being All of my characters being Stygian, I've spent a lot of time in Khemi and Khopshef province and it's just gorgeous and huge. And that's just one of the three regions you can caper about in - I went to Aquilonia for a couple quests a while back and was blown away at how gorgeous Tarantia and the surrounding area were, and also blown away at how my computer was overwhelmed and dropped to maybe 4-5 seconds per frame so I promptly swung my camera straight down and marched outside of town.

I haven't been to Cimmeria yet, but I'm expecting great things.

dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 fps? wow.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
jjsimpso wrote:
The Lovecraftian elements are awesome and it seems like the game is doing a decent job of capturing that so far.

Good! HPL is one of my favorite short story writers and I was shocked at the similarity between the writing when I read it. I did a bit of research and found out they (Howard and Lovecraft) were close friends and it blew me away. Though, it kind of makes sense considering when and who Howard was writing for.

Yep. Howard also wrote lots of other stories which seem even more Lovecraftian, although I haven't read them, just browsed through the collections at B&N. I guess most of these were published in Weird Tales as well.
sediment

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised, windowed mode and WMP really amped up our performance over here. We tried Emptyproject but it (for reasons I don't necessarily understand) gave my computer fits. At this point my average is around 8-10fps.

Spent the afternoon in Cimmeria, exploring the place and generally butchering the Vanir. There's a definite narrative to each of the three cultural regions, I'm pleased to find.. sort of like what they had going on in LotRO. They really don't intend for you to spend much time outside of the region you settle on right out of Tortage, but the dialog shifts depending on who you are and where you're from.

If... I were to rate the general areas of the game, on the order of how well my PC handles them, Stygia would be on top, then Cimmeria, then Aquilonia.

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god! I can't imagine playing this at under 30fps, let alone under 20fps. Shit, I thought I had it rough with no anti-aliasing.

All things said, I'd rather have shadows on than anti-aliasing.

SIDE NOTE: Since I've been forced into using Vista for this (well... ok, not _forced_) I've found that it's gotten *much* more stable since SP1, especially for games. While on XP my frame rate bounces around on a lot of games, on Vista they're like rock solid.

For example: on Crysis my FPS use to jump all over the place from 20-40fps, now they stay within about 5fps from 25, which makes the performance FEEL much smoother. I think it may be time to move over to Vista now with SP1.

Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the title of this thread. Who's a ho?
sediment

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Harvey, it's a game about half-naked men and women. Priests of Derketo are usually temple whores (sadly they removed Derketo from the playable deity list). The game's rated NC-17.

Everyone is the ho.

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hos pay for it monthly.

ryan

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joining a guild in Conan is akin to joining a prison gang - I just need protection, man. I keep getting jumped by either solo high end players or groups of two that are about the same level. I fear the time when there is an actual reward for killing.
sediment

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expect Gaute to have either added benefits to accruing PvP experience or to add them in the future.

He's really big on separate XP pools. In his big AO expansion, Shadowlands, the normal AO levels (1-200) got paired up with 20 shadowlevels, which were like ten levels each, which required sums of "shadowknowledge" experience accrued by doing high-end shit in the expansion areas.

bleak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, I really liked AO.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, one of my more proud moments in my virtual life: as a 26 barbarian, I irritated a mounted 55 somesuch so much that they gave up their pursuit of me. I was minding my own business, looking for minerals, when some dude comes up and has his horse knock the shit out of me. The second I got up, I cast predator - I think - that has me nearly immune to being knocked down for about 20 seconds, and then hauled ass; I ran up and down slopes, took advantage of corners on hillsides, ran around rocks, and finally I jumped a rock, downed a potion, and sprinted like a madman to a small crevice that would've been a bitch for them to reach. As soon as I could, I went into hiding (does this do anything? I have no way to gauge - I'm at 125 or so and am always spotted, but do it because, you know, hide!) and they pranced off ... stupid cocky horse.
sediment

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it operates like it does in AO - which I expect! - they'll have to actively search for you if you've got any decent hide skill.

and who the fuck puts points in perception, I ask you? Smile

ryan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEAR THESE SANDALS OF LIGHTNING. WWWOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooossshh.

Enemies pretty much detect me right off the bat while I'm hidden, so I didn't really use it for fighting since I figured I was easy to spot. I did have an enjoyable chase when I was hiding for a random quest animal and recognized someone who got a cheap kill on me, so I dropped out of hiding and took off for them. And, of course, the animal had to respawn right then.

I've hit another quest that requires an absurd amount of points in climbing. Man, what the hell, climbing is absolutely useless. To get out of the first city I had to get another 40 points to put towards it and now, after allocating more than usual, I'm about 60 shy of the 180 needed to scale a building. I've yet to run into any situation, outside of the very random quest, that requires or even uses it.
sediment

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had to have more than the 120 or so I've got - what quest was that and where?

ryan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be 120 and I need another 80. You have to climb up the side of a building using vines in the starting city in Aquilonia.
sediment

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, okay. Old Tart's pier has a 300 skill climb point, too.

Aquilonians know how to make tough climb points..!

But yes, outside of quests and convenience climb is pretty useless.

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While possibly not true, or a bug, here's something interesting:

Quote:
we did a race last night, both sprinting and non sprinting. I had over 200 points in running, he had NONE. We were dead even to exhaustion.

in response:
Quote:
One of the FAQs on the official boards (sorry, can't remember where exactly I read it) said that it's a 1% increase per 100 points, but it's not confirmed... if true you might not be able to tell much difference until 500 points or so.

I think that's something that's going to get tweaked.

dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjsimpso wrote:
Shapermc wrote:
jjsimpso wrote:

Yep. Howard also wrote lots of other stories which seem even more Lovecraftian, although I haven't read them, just browsed through the collections at B&N. I guess most of these were published in Weird Tales as well.

i remember reading that many of the allusions to lovecraft's stories were edited out of later printings of the conan stories, though i don't know if it's true.

it's good that the developers choose not to ignore that bit.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
i remember reading that many of the allusions to lovecraft's stories were edited out of later printings of the conan stories, though i don't know if it's true.

Yes and no. The thing is that until recently many of the stories had been printed by companies that took their own posthumous liberties in editing. The currently available items are all based on first drafts and print drafts when possible. The books actually explain a lot of this. So, it was true once, for sure.

bleak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the skills are bugged thus far. Skulk works properly, and Casting Concentration seems to have mixed results. Some say it works perfectly with 150 points in it, some say it works perfectly with 10 or 1, I personally have it maxed.

Climbing works as intended, run speed and endurance operate as follows: It's indeed 1% per 100 points as stated before, meaning 1% increase in run speed or 1% less stamina drain per second per 100 skill points. 20% base stamina drain per second. 800 points in endurance should grant you an extra 3 seconds of sprinting. Run speed is strictly out of combat, so bear that in mind.

Jury seems to be out on bandaging, recovery, renew mana. Just as a side note though, I've never needed anything over I think 30 climbing thus far.

Bandaging and Recovery have 50 point demarcations, and Fast Bandaging and Fast Recovery have 25 point demarcations. No word yet as to their actual effectiveness, though a noticeable effect has been confirmed. Hide seems to have 25 point demarcations, but more testing is required to see if it's reliable. Perception seems to be completely unreliable and is best to not sink any points into.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renew mana doesn't seem to do squat.

Of course, out-of-combat mana regen is pretty high anyway - especially if you're a boozehound - so that could be hard to clock.

I'm pretty sure I've noticed an effect with bandaging, but I've never invested a single point in recovery or fast recovery.

ryan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this thread is depressing. I think I've wasted about 90% of my points. Well, probably 100%. I'm going to ride it out, though, and hope they tweak stuff in the near future.

Also, while making fun of a stupid mechanic doesn't help anything, often making it worse, I did appreciate my character telling some isolated mountain man how much he hated him after he mapped out all of these scattered gathering points where his items were located. My character was right, that quest does suck; go get your own damn voice back.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan wrote:
Man, this thread is depressing. I think I've wasted about 90% of my points. Well, probably 100%. I'm going to ride it out, though, and hope they tweak stuff in the near future.

Well, I think you can reset them can't you?

FAKE EDIT: LOL AoC installed a Hyborian font on my PC.

bleak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can refund your skills by alt-clicking them. It's all fairly cheap until you hit 400, I think though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to leave them be because I'm not even sure what I would change. I mean, the stuff I would like seems to either be not implemented or done so in such a way - 500 points in running?! - that it wouldn't be worth it. Fuuunnccooommmm!
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played quite a bit yesterday and I'm really starting to dig the game. Some of these instances are really huge inside of quite large worlds themselves. It's really nice.

I wanted to comment on a few things. First is that combat continues to be more involved as I go in. I've started using the double-tapping more in combat which may even be TOO complex, but I appreciate that it's there. Second I'm a bit upset that the starting area/first 20 levels will always be the same. This is making me not want to also play a barb because I don't like redoing 12 hours of game. Also, I joined a huge guild (Den of Thieves) who's main goal is stop greifers (essentially) and to build an army. It's pretty great.

ryan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally left Cimmeria today, and I'm psyched to be out of there. The area was interesting at first, but I was sick of mountains and trees by the time I tossed aside my unfinished quests and hit the road.

The levels are starting to really drag on, with missions falling on having to collect so many of this and that. The combat is still really engaging though, and I'm looking forward to taking on more players as well, but it just happens that all of the 55+ are about and pissed when I'm in an area.
bleak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan wrote:
I was going to leave them be because I'm not even sure what I would change. I mean, the stuff I would like seems to either be not implemented or done so in such a way - 500 points in running?! - that it wouldn't be worth it. Fuuunnccooommmm!
I don't know if you're referring to runing speed or endurance but if it's the latter then I'd highly recommend pumping as many skill points as possible into it, as an extra 3 seconds of sprint (as enjoyed by folks with 800 points in Endurance) can and will save your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My assassin's almost 40. I'm looking forward to crafting, in a way, because I loved the craft system Funcom had in place in AO - but I've heard a lot of people complaining about the AoC craft system, and thus am concerned.

In AO, you typically didn't really have recipes. There were basic engineering manuals and shit like that available from vendors, and they'd just list some example procedures you could use.

And there were literally thousands of items you could craft. A lot of the time you were rewarded for having a tradeskill just by being able to convert items into materials with higher vend costs (but they also had other uses - they're just really commonplace.) An example of this is melting down junk jewelry, cutting gemstones you find, setting the gem into a ring and selling the high-quality ring you just produced for about 400% markup to a vendor. Or, converting "monster parts" to bio-plasma, normally used in the production of first-aid stims and kits, to sell to a vendor for about 100% markup (but it's faster).
Much of crafting and being a high-tradeskill character was picking up a lot of what you had and trying to use it in logical fashion. My precious metal reclamator might be able to reclaim normal metals from this mass of robot junk - holy crap, I got "junkmetal".

Screenshots I've seen have the book of lore interface with spots for raw products and resulting items... they added the "lorebook" to AO around the Alien Invasion expansion, such that you had a similar item. Drop an item in slot A, drop an item in slot B, and it'll tell you if a process has been found or if no process exists. I've got my fingers crossed that's the case in Age of Conan, but given that we can only have one production skill, it seems doubtful.

One of the things I'm really digging about AoC so far is that gear doesn't bind. I've always hated "soulbound" crap, as it typically didn't make any sense - in AO, gear of that type was super-rare, and in AoC, typically only quest rewards aren't tradeable which is how it should be. It looks like craftable items don't bind either. I love that.

Sprinting, by the way, is the only way to travel. Have you guys found any bugged Old Redrouse yet?
It doesn't stack, but doesn't deplete. I can usually squeeze about four more seconds of sprinting in due to its 50-point regen, at 38.

ryan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been tasked with finding silver, but I can't seem to spot any. A while back I stumbled across a silver vein in the Wilds, but I can't locate it again. I've made map notes on a ton of sandstone and copper deposits, but the damn silver eludes me ... that lovely, lovely silver.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm NEARLY off the cursed island of Tortage. It's kind of disheartening that if I want to make another character I have to spend my first 20 levels doing THE EXACT SAME SHIT OVER AGAIN. I may hold off on creating my barb until Funcom does... something to alleviate that.

Also, screen shot of my assassin sulking around!

First I found an area of Tortage that has a mist which hurts you just floating around. The enemies are all low level, and I managed to poke all around the area without finding anything quest related. Interesting that it's just ... there.

This next one was taken in the Underhalls of Tortage. Probably the dozenth time I was in there. For some reason I really liked the angle I was at in this shot so I took a quick screeny to save it. Nothing particularly intersting, but you can hardly see my character crouched in the shadows behind him. FYI: he was a one hit kill from a back stab.

Also, I'm following the Poison feats tree (or rather Black Lotus feats) and really digging what it offers so far. I wanted to mention to anyone playing an Assassin: put at least one feat point into Excellent Balance. It saves my ass in PvP all the time because fighters have an exceptionally difficult time knocking you back when you have it active.

Also, I'm really loving this combat so far. I also really enjoy the PvP when it's not all just greifing and ganking.

sediment

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Lotus is the only way to go until the 50s-60s, where Corruption really matures.

PS: I'm Corruption. I get the feeling my DPS would be greatly outshined by my fiancee's, except for the female attack speed bug.

(Y'know, the one where females across the board attack more slowly with melee weapons than male characters? Yeah. What the fuck.)

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got out of that blasted Tortage to my homeland of Aquilonia. I was so displeased with the city of Tortage I burned it in my wake of destruction and left it a smoldering stain on the face of the Hyperboriean landscape.

When I first arrived in my new city a single building captured my attention, a giant black tower jutting out from the city, looming over the landscape. I took a picture of the building. The person on the mammoth is from a rival guild and wouldn't leave me alone to take a picture. I gave him the /rude in town because there's no PvP there (he woulda kicked my ass anyways)

sediment wrote:
(Y'know, the one where females across the board attack more slowly with melee weapons than male characters? Yeah. What the fuck.)

That's fucked up. I didn't know this.

Also, more people should post screens. Use Alt+Z to remove the hud for clean images.

ryan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real men wear torn skirts!

And I take it the problem with female characters is going to be addressed in about nine months, around the same time that damn wounded child quest is going to be fixed.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan wrote:
And I take it the problem with female characters is going to be addressed in about nine months, around the same time that damn wounded child quest is going to be fixed.

I hear about so many broken quests over OOC and Guild chat. So, that's not the only one.

sediment

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wounded child works fine in epic. Smile

The Black Pyramid is even worse, actually. The "Enter the Pyramid" quest marker never triggers, so you can get to the final baddie and take him out and everything but your quest won't credit for it.

Bosses have their drops and other quests within the pyramid are just fine though... so it's probably still worth running epic, if you've got a group set up for it, or normal for solo or small group.

Black Castle, Bubshur, Border Ranges and Sanctum are fine. Don't know about many/any Cimmerian instances, though.

sediment

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...well, it happened sooner than I expected.

Sad There's never a "dicks" mod that goes hand-in-hand with this sort of thing.

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a list of quest fixes from todays patch:

Quote:
Quest
• Updated quest journals of "Phoenix of the East" to reflect new position of NCP General Tatius.
• Fixed animation problem where Arias could not decide to sit or stand during conversation.
• Ninus and Si-Khu will reliably spawn when logging out near the Temple of Mitra.
• The access quest for the Armsman's Arena revamped.
• The Phoenix of the North: Resolved an issue with Mithrelle not standing up if not viewing the small cutscene.
• Resolved an issue that forces quests to not update on zoning.
• Wagon Wreck: Revamped with a new quest goal.
• The Poisoned Cup: Revamped with more interaction with the objects in the quest.
• The Curse of the Werewolves: Slight enhancement on quest targets.
• Wolf Hunt: Slight enhancement on quest targets.
• Greater Prey: Slight enhancement on quest targets.
• Death to the Vanir: Slight enhancement on quest completion.
• Finding Safe Passage: Revamped with a new quest goal.
• Captives of the White Hand: Revamped with a new quest goal.
• The Cheiftains Vengeance: Revamped with a new quest goal.
• Wolves at our Throats: Revamped with a new quest goal.
• Bartholomo's Wife will respawn more often, if you happen to kill her before required to by the quest 'The Awakening III'
• It should be easier to deal with Renton's Corrupt Friends when doing the quest Awakening II
• Sanctum of the Burning Souls: The boss drop 'Bloodtainted Hoop' will no longer end up in the quest inventory.
• Field of the Dead: 'Fur of Bloodclaw' will no longer end up in the quest inventory.
• Tarantia Noble: Improved these quests: Bloodroot, Concealing the Chinks, Purging the Fallen, Source of Contagion.
• The Lurking Horror: The Area marker is now set on the map
• Pool of Black Blood: Quest now updates when you kill the Lesser Black Ones as well.
• The Slave Rebellion: Replaced radius with a fixed waypoint for one of the goals.
• Fetching Fungi: A waypoint will now lead the way to Sanctum, and to the mushrooms inside.
• Lifting the Curse: Waypoint will now lead you to the Sanctum of Burning Souls.
• The Sinister Sepulcher: Orb is now destructible, and all the Undead Thralls in the area will update the quest.
• The Black Skulls: Corrected some wrong waypoints.
• Fleet of Mouth: Cycaelus has upped the difficulty. You now need to beat his record on half the time you needed before

bleak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God the spawn times in this game are agonizingly long. Especially on quest monsters that multiple players are targeting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What in the hell happened? After I downloaded the newest update I received a warning saying that my driver is known to have problems running the game. That's news to come, considering it's been fine until now. So I click on to continue and wham, my monitor starts flickering like crazy and I can't move my cursor or anything. I downloaded the newest driver last night, so fingers crossed, but I dislike getting new ones in general since it's always a 'oohhh I hope something doesn't fuck up' moment when I run stuff afterwards.
ryan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh - I received an error with this post and my previous one, but it looks like they went up like normal.

Last edited by ryan on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
dessgeega

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry, your breasts will return to normal soon.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little write up about AoC, though it's hardly about the game. Anyways, I'm here because I wanted to share some of the pictures I got from the game where I broke behind the fake barriers and saw THE END OF THE WORLD!

I left the HUD up for the first image to show that Yes, I am very off the map.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: