The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bionic Commando
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aderack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Bionic Commando Reply with quote

So. I trust people have seen the CES swinging video and the Re-Armed trailer?

It's kind of weird. Every time I see something more about this game, I expect my earlier, way-too-positive impressions to be shattered. I mean, I've been to E3. I've seen games like Sonic Heroes and Lament of Innocence start off amazing, then turn into... not-amazing by the time they were released. There's a lot that can go wrong with even the best ideas, and there's a lot against a project like this. Yet every new announcement just reaffirms my earlier optimism. These guys really do seem to know what they're doing.

This Re-Armed business is splendid. It reminds me a little of the way that Fusion was released at the same time as Metroid Prime, to reassure people who were wondering why Nintendo was handing the series over to an American developer and making it 3D. Then there was interconnectivity stuff so you could use the Fusion suit in Prime. Which was kind of pointless, but, well, it was there. Here, though, you can replace the Internet's least favorite hot dog salesman with a model of the NES's own Rad Spencer.

And hell, two-player co-op? And such nice swinging! It looks more like a Konami game now, which isn't a bad thing. Makes me think of Rush 'N Attack crossed with Flashback crossed with Rolling Thunder, except it's Bionic Commando.

Weird that Player 2 is a red Rad, with a blond crewcut. Shouldn't he be Super Joe or something? Maybe the guy from the Game Boy game? (EDIT: Who was Rad again, apparently.)

My enthusiasm is growing all the more confident! I wish to pass it on, like smallpox!

Last edited by aderack on Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Dracko

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Armed looks far more interesting to me than the new game at the moment. It looks like its adding all that should be added.
Winged Assassins (1984)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bionic Commando Reply with quote

aderack wrote:
Weird that Player 2 is a red Rad, with a blond crewcut.

How videogamey.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Nathan "Rad" Spencer is to be voiced by Mike Patton.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aderack wrote:
Update: Nathan "Rad" Spencer is to be voiced by Mike Patton.

STFU! That's amazing.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
WarpZone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice surprise. It doesn't have so much of that pop-up book appearance of something like the Rondo remake; I like the straight-on perspective, and some of the coloring, like the blue-lit rooms and silhouettes.

The rolling barrel makes me think Elevator Action Returns, but I don't remember if that was in the original.

What was the deal with the GBC Bionic Commando, published by Nintendo? I never heard much about that, why it exists or what it did.
aderack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was done by NST. (You know, Digipen guys.) It was... okay, if completely without personality. There's a nice addition where you can climb down from platforms. And the animation is rotoscopey. There's a huge impassable game-halting bug in it, for added flavor. I stopped playing at that point, because... I couldn't play any further.

It's got nothing to do with the rest of the series. Otherwise, things are pretty consistent. The original arcade game has Super Joe, and is kind of not fun. The sequel, for the NES, has Ladd/Rad rescuing Super Joe. The third game, for the Game Boy, is the further and futuristic adventures of Rad. Then there's the new thing, which calls him "Nathan 'Rad' Spencer", and is set ten years after the NES game.

Re-Armed is, well, the NES Game again. The barrel business is new, yeah; they were static before. Elevator Action Returns is basically Rolling Thunder! So. Yeah. Got the same impression, myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarpZone wrote:
What was the deal with the GBC Bionic Commando, published by Nintendo? I never heard much about that, why it exists or what it did.

Published, and developed (by NST). It was awesome. And speaking of awesome, the new games (both) are looking fantastic. It's nice to see actual gameplay footage of the new game, which looks to be delivering on the announcement trailer's promise.

I really hope they pull it off!
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ahve the GBC commando! I never played past the first few levels because it keeps crashing on my GBA Sad It looked awesome though!

I have a friend who insists the original GB Bionic Commando is better than the NES one. I should play it on my DS and see if he's full of it or not...
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aderack wrote:
Elevator Action Returns is basically Rolling Thunder

LIES!

EA:R is so much greater and easily controlled that either RT game.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Slonie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aderack wrote:
The Outfoxies is basically Vs. Rolling Thunder!

Fixed.

Of course I love 'em all.

The reason EA:R and Rolling Thunder play quite differently because of the multilevel jumping mechanic in Rolling Thunder...Which came in handy when that mechanic became integral to The Outfoxies.
aderack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
aderack wrote:
Elevator Action Returns is basically Rolling Thunder

LIES!

EA:R is so much greater and easily controlled that either RT game.

It doesn't quite have the atmosphere. It trades off for more [elevator] action. Still the same basic idea, though. I like both, for different reasons.

There's also a third Rolling Thunder that's not as good. One of those games that was made super-hard to cater to people who are insane.

Oh, there's no multi-level jumping in EA:R? I never even noticed! I guess that's where the elevators come in. Yeah, though. Love that jumping.

I wonder if this is a subgenre. Lurk-n-Gun?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aderack wrote:

There's also a third Rolling Thunder that's not as good. One of those games that was made super-hard to cater to people who are insane.

The genesis game? I always thought that one was considerably easier than its predecessors. Are we thinking of the same game, here?
aderack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Rolling Thunder 3 for the Genesis. I think it's something like limited lives and no continues, and there's a lot more stuff going on at once. I remember it being way more punitive than the earlier games. It's been a while since I've tried it, though, as a result of that.

I just played it again, and now I remember why it's way harder: because it's way more action-based. Yeah, there's stuff all over that can kill you, but you're not supposed to hide and dodge and play carefully, as in the first two games. You're expected to charge ahead, guns blazing. And if you don't... well, the first two games have a generous timer, keeping you from sitting around forever. It's never a problem, though. Here, the game just barely gives you time to finish a level even if you ARE charging ahead before it pulls out a sniper sight, so you have to constantly dodge shots while you're dealing with the increased enemy count. It's retarded. Basically, unless you're really good and really fast, the game just kills you after a certain time. And of course it still controls like Rolling Thunder, even with the ability to shoot in mid-air or at an angle, so one must be very patient with dying.

Whereas with the first two games, it was mostly about being observant and cautious and waiting for your moment. And if you screwed up and died, you'd know why and how to avoid it next time.

Last edited by aderack on Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
JasonMoses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird! I double checked, and Rolling Thunder 3 has infinite continues, passwords, no restart points in stages and a choice of weapons to make things easier. So uh, hm. Are you sure that's what you played?
aderack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See above. And added to that, the game doesn't have a visual indicator to tell you how long you've got left. Just, suddenly, hey, surprise, sniper!

So the entire time you play you have to be scampering (though uninspiring levels), hoping you get to the end before the sniper.

And the sniper STILL comes out when you're fighting a boss, if you take too long! Which is, like, no time at all.

There are a few concessions, like an extra hit point and the extra weapon and the instant respawn, that encourage you to blow forward and be less cautious, but they don't really help. The game just feels like it's actively trying to drive people away.

And it's also blander-looking, tinnier sounding, and doesn't have the choice of characters or co-op of its predecessor. Which all helps that impression.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOD I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS REARMED BUSINESS. SO EXCITED. ARRRRR.

Seriously though, Bionic Commando was one of the games that I grew up with as a child, and I have very fond memories of blowing up Hitler with a fucking rocket launcher to the face. It's like all the action movies I ever wanted to see have been captured and distilled and inserted into an NES cartridge for my personal enjoyment. I feel a very strong personal attachment to this game so I'll definitely be consuming BCR immediately after it comes out.
Updated the banners, but not his title
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had Bionic Commando for the NES, but I played it several times at a friend's house. I really liked it, but as a kid I never had the money for it.

Later I did get it for the GB Brick, which I assumed was just the same game as the NES version but with a password save option. I really did like that game a lot.

Then the NST one came out and I was all excited about it, then it came out and I remembered why I don't like NST games. Everything, from the art, to the design, to the programming has a slight air of incompetence that just bothers me. It's really strange how their games always end up with so much wasted potential.

A few years ago I picked up the NES version and I'm really not sure I like it. As far as I could tell it's the same as the GB Brick one (does it have a password save system?), but it's just a little bit too hard for a game as long as it is.

The new ones look great, I haven't watched the recent videos yet, but I like what I've seen!

-Wes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop pissing all over Rolling Thunder, Shaper. That game is brilliant and ballsy.
silentmatt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleak wrote:
GOD I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS REARMED BUSINESS. SO EXCITED. ARRRRR.

My sentiments exactly. I am 50x more excited about Rearmed than the actual new game. It looks awesome. They've put up a FAQ on the official site with some more details about the game and, from the sounds of it, they are being pretty faithful with the source material. This is a day of release buy for me, for sure.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Bionic Commando Reply with quote

aderack wrote:
So. I trust people have seen the CES swinging video and the Re-Armed trailer?

The CES video left me wanting, though I suppose it's nice that they've got a decent swinging mechanic in place. If they're able to do anything with it at this point is anyone's guess. But dang, does that Rearmed trailer look splendid! I was rather excited when I first saw it a couple days ago. I much preferred the NES version of the game compared to the arcade original Capcom put out in one of the PS2 collections, so I'm glad that's the one they're using as a basis for Rearmed.

Everything looks stellar so far, from the animation to the art style to the basic gameplay. I glad we're finally getting a remake of a game were the people working on it seem to understand what made the original work stand out (the swinging) and are merely expanding upon the established rules. Did you know that you'll no longer get stuck just hanging from a ceiling over a bottomless pit? Now you can take the shotgun (new weapon!) and fire off a couple rounds to get yourself swinging again. Picking up barrels and enemies and being able to throw them is new too and it looks really awesome.

Speaking of awesome: Two player co-op! I hope the remake has the same number of levels as the original, or maybe even a few new ones as well. If the trailer is any indication to go by then this will be a day one purchase for me as well. Now we play the "cross our fingers and hope they don't screw this up" game.
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elevator action returns is taito's response to rolling thunder 2. rolling thunder is namco's response to elevator action. so, yes, a lot of the ideas of both games are hard to extricate from one another.

if capcom releases a game similiar to these i will be excited.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aderack wrote:
Whereas with the first two games, it was mostly about being observant and cautious and waiting for your moment. And if you screwed up and died, you'd know why and how to avoid it next time.

Historically, Rolling Thunder is not a game about being observant or cautious - the first Rolling Thunder frequently had time limits so strict that if you didn't know exactly how to go through the entire level without stopping once, you died. There's an article in the second issue of TGQ that talks about this, actually.
Randorama wrote:
You get 150 seconds per stage and you can do the last three stages only if you’re smooth, meaning not a single movement from your hands that isn’t a flawless jump or perfect hit, and you want to always be moving forward, of course... Many games are hard once you care about your score - Rolling Thunder is hard from the beginning, because Albatross is a wimp. He dies if he’s touched or punched twice and bullets, lasers, bombs, or falling into pits cause instant death, as anyone might expect. Now, if it this is not enough, add jumping. Many of the leaps you are required to make are tight, and they have to be. At some point you will usually have to shoot a stream of bullets then make a perfect jump immediately after, so while the bullets are still on screen, you can advance and get on the first pixel of the next platform while the floating bullets defeat the dashing enemies. That’s pretty hardcore, isn’t it? Try doing it for 150 seconds, jumping up and down platforms, exploiting every single trick, and taking advantage of every untouched bug that could save a second or two!

The time limits in Rolling Thunder 3 are, by comparison, extremely lenient. I also don't see how you would die in the third game and not know how to avoid it next time - it has very similar level design and enemy placement when compared to its immediate predecessor on the Genesis.

Oh yeah, I remember hearing before the official announcement of the Bionic Commando remake that the title would be something like "Master D Resurrection Project," in a slight nod to the Famicom version's title. Was that a mistake?
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my god i cannot wait for this videogame i should go kill hitler right now in anticipation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
extrabastardformula

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
elevator action returns is taito's response to rolling thunder 2. rolling thunder is namco's response to elevator action. so, yes, a lot of the ideas of both games are hard to extricate from one another.

Did you ever play Codename: Viper on the NES? It's very Rolling Thunder plus Shinobi. If you can handle the 80s action movie aesthetic (in jungles at night, main character is a lean dude in a bomber jacket) then it's very enjoyable.

HTML is ON
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Six

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycle wrote:
I have a friend who insists the original GB Bionic Commando is better than the NES one. I should play it on my DS and see if he's full of it or not...

I'm inclined to agree with your friend!

The GB Bionic Commando is interesting in that it begins like a straight port of the NES version, but starts to do its own thing as the game progresses. (For instance, there's a segment where you get captured and have to make your way through a stage using only your hook.) The bosses also feel more varied and less broken: as much as I love the idea of a huge, imposing security robot that says "PI PI PI..." and then ignores you as you saunter past it and fire rockets into the reactor, in practice it's not exactly thrilling the second or third time it happens. The final levels are a lot more satisfying, too.

The other notable thing is that it's more refined in terms of mechanics. Acknowledging that the initial insta-death in the original can be a bit frustrating, in the GB version you start with a couple of hit points. Swinging feels more fluid, since your hook refires more quickly -- fast enough that you can drop from a ceiling and immediately fire diagonally to reattach yourself and start swinging again (whereas, as Mr. Mech noted about the NES game, if you retracted your wire over a pit without being able to pull yourself up you were basically screwed.) Many items and weapons that were less useful in the NES game were changed or improved; take the iron boots, which previously allowed you to damage enemies by swinging into them or dropping on them, but now also double your speed.

Of course, it's not much of a looker compared to its big brother. The NES version is really impressive in that almost each level has its own feel, thanks to distinct colour palettes, graphics and music. By contrast, the Game Boy levels tend to melt into one another.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say that it's unfairly neglected, especially since it seems to mostly get confused with the NST version.
Slonie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have played it more (the GB version) except my friend who had it brought it with him on a ski (well, toboggan) trip that we went on god knows how many years ago, and it was quickly lost before much playing could occur. I was really looking forward to playing it, too!

At least I have the Worlds of Power: Bionic Commando novel as a consolation prize.
aderack

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The illustrator working on ReArmed is... Shinkiro. You know, Mr. SNK Mannequin. He of the 1980s cereal box aesthetic. Which, I guess, is not inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

extrabastardformula wrote:
dessgeega wrote:
Did you ever play Codename: Viper on the NES? It's very Rolling Thunder plus Shinobi.

i guess i'm going to!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's basically a direct rip-off of Rolling Thunder, plus William S. Sessions.

This is from the front page of Capcom's official Bionic Commando site:

Quote:
Well, the response from the fans about Bionic Commando Rearmed has been overwhelming. It's nice to see. Personally, I think it shows that we are listening to you. Not only can you play Bionic Commando in super-sexy 2.5D but you can also use the classic skin for the 3D version. I also do think it's worth saying - Rearmed is a lot easier to "get" than the 3D version, since it's a remake and if you've played the original you know what you are looking at. The 3D version though is totally new and therefore, character gripes aside, it's harder to convey than Rearmed.

Having said that, since GRIN has developed both versions, I can say this one thing without a doubt - they do totally understand what makes the swing work in both games. And that is probably the most crucial element to making a BC game work. So keep your eyes peeled for more interesting developments for both the 3D and 2.5D versions of the game, and let's make 2008 the year of the commando.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
extrabastardformula wrote:
dessgeega wrote:
Did you ever play Codename: Viper on the NES? It's very Rolling Thunder plus Shinobi.

i guess i'm going to!

I like to think of it as more Ninja Gaiden than Shinobi. Still an excellent one though.

Though those shooting stages do remind me of Shinobi's bonus stages. Very ace!
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never particularly liked Bionic Commando or Rolling Thunder :O
dessgeega

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codename: viper is rolling thunder letter for letter. except maybe for worse controls. but i don't like the original rolling thunder that much.
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i've been playing the GB bionic commando and yeah, i'm inclined to agree it's better than the NES one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, great description of the GB BC by Six. Few other thoughts:

Added a very welcomed save game system.

Dropped the original 2D Commando levels, which is how you retrieved extra lives in the NES.

I think they took out some of the infamous Hitler-y bits. But having to swing on the underside of a giant aircraft was pretty sweet.

Rad was more Anime-ish in general. I was also sad that they removed the story framing device, where the prelude is "let me tell you a story" and in the end it's Super Joe telling it who Rad rescues in the end.

So overall, it has a bit of an edge, though the palette is grindingly retro.

(Speaking of that I just rescued a classic GB from my Aunt's, along with a ridiculous magnifying light thing, like steam punk got puked up by the 80s. Is there any value, nostalgic or financial or otherwise in that?)

So in case it's not obvious, loved the NES game. It was funny MAMEing up the arcade original, the only advantage it has over the NES is a nice chunky clear graphical look.

GBC was kind of promising-- looked a bit like the GBA Metroid games, art style-wise, but crash-tastic so I didn't go far with it.

If this new game ends up more like, say, Crackdown, and less like, say, Maximo, I'll be very happy.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of those magnifying light things too. Came with my second hand GB. I used it like twice and decided it was stupid!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my friends is excited for this game because he hated Spiderman 2.

Which is a thought.

"Ayn Rand fans are the old school version of Xenogears fanboys."
-seryogin
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was in the theatre watching spiderman 2 and making fun of it with my friends while drunka nd some guy in a wheelchair in front of me yelled at me

and then i yelled at him YOU'RE JUST MAD BECAUSE SPIDERMAN CAN WALK

which is a really mean thing to do, just saying
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daph that was an unkind thing to say
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he thought the movie was good though, so im sure i wouldnt have liked him, wheelchair or not
Dracko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know; I laughed.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daph just because you don't like spider-man doesn't mean you have the right to ruin the movie for other patrons of the cinema.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't watch any footage of the 3D Bionic Commando without thinking about a white hedgehog who jumps around and uses ESP to throw boxes at robots. The ruins seem so familiar, and I didn't even play that damn game.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, what game are you describing? Some sonic game I never played, I guess.
Pheonix Wright
Pheonix Wright

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daphaknee wrote:
i was in the theatre watching spiderman 2 and making fun of it with my friends while drunka nd some guy in a wheelchair in front of me yelled at me

and then i yelled at him YOU'RE JUST MAD BECAUSE SPIDERMAN CAN WALK

which is a really mean thing to do, just saying

Classy.

Cycle wrote:
Uh, what game are you describing? Some sonic game I never played, I guess.

Sonic for the 360, a game I'm pretty sure most people who have played it, have tried their best to forget about.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played the demo, it was fucking terrible. Remember when people used to argue over which was better, Mario or Sonic? Well Mario won.
boojiboy7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the actual game is like 20 times more awesomely horrible. Best drinking game ever.
dmauro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirkjerk wrote:
(Speaking of that I just rescued a classic GB from my Aunt's, along with a ridiculous magnifying light thing, like steam punk got puked up by the 80s. Is there any value, nostalgic or financial or otherwise in that?)

Gameboy musicians are always looking to buy those magnifying lights and I think they are somewhat difficult to track down. Check it out on eBay, you might be able to get a few bucks for it.
FortNinety
Pheonix Wright
Pheonix Wright

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
i played the demo, it was fucking terrible. Remember when people used to argue over which was better, Mario or Sonic? Well Mario won.

I remember when me and the rest of the folks at Nick Mag were invited to check it out, and when the demo person was in overdrive, going on and on about the amazing story, and how the new hedgehog has some "mysterious connection to Sonic!!!" and how one of us just blurted out "Lemme guess, he's from the future right? Its this like the Terminator? Is Sonic is his dead?" The demo person became very quiet all of a sudden and it was obvious that he was pissed...
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmauro wrote:
kirkjerk wrote:

Gameboy musicians are always looking to buy those magnifying lights and I think they are somewhat difficult to track down. Check it out on eBay, you might be able to get a few bucks for it.

Heh, actually I was thinking more of the GB itself, not the fresnel or whatever.

I need to get better at selling on Ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: