The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Playthrough (& other misc. screenshots) Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parkbench

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: The Playthrough (& other misc. screenshots) Thread Reply with quote

SESSION 1: PRESENT DAY...PRESENT TIME, HAHAHA!

I mean, THE ODDBALLS.

That's right. This thread is for people who obsessively take screenshots of everything they do in games as they go. I try to be artistic about it sometimes, capture the good stuff. Some of them I contemplate using for more "article-like" threads, but these I figure, what the hell.

I don't have enough room on my flickr account right now, so I won't start with some of the more comprehensive stuff I've got. Sto start off something off-beat: an ET map I was making awhile back. I was such a misunderstood map artist! I was only making deathmatch maps--and everyone wanted "real" ET maps, with objectives, and theaters and stuff. Well fuck that! There were enough of those, I thought, why not some deathmatch ET? Plus, I couldn't program anything else Very Happy. I believe the map was called...ah yes, "Not So Terror Towers."

Trust me, it was wicked cool. I was always about creating small, cramped DM maps with lots of gimmicks. And it evolved, too, so you had each floor with these MGs, and then there was the dense foliage about to hide in, then there was a whole tunnel section you could fight in...this is the 2forts in me coming out.

Next, 3 words for you: online. golf. rpg.

A friend got me into it and we played late at nights after school--was a great relaxation ritual, though I'm pretty sure it was either made by the same guys who did Gunbound (god, FUCK Gunbound) or was just made in that same congealed mass of shitty Korean free-but-actually-if-you-want-to-play-them-you've-got-to-pay-MMOs. Still, pretty fun. It was kind of ridiculous though, my friend was so high "level' that the ball would just basically cheat and always get on the green--or it would just make these bursts as it descended and suddenly started ascending suddenly.

Up next, some instruments from Oracle of Ages.

Alright, how about...570 fuckin' Viewtifuls?!! I actually don't know if that's a lot or anything; I haven't played the game in awhile, but I do know that I steadily got better from the low hundreds to where I could pump up to 570 out of most enemies, and I think even higher later on.

So here's an MMORPG I played awhile back...a friend of a friend made it, basically, or had a hand in making it, or something, so I played. I have a lot of nostalgia for the game, though. It had some pretty advanced features for what it was, and a lot more than some modern MMOs. Too bad it was populated by assholes.

This is my standard spiel about this game; if I was narcissistic enough to think that you kept track of what I say (which I might be), I would tell you I've probably said this many times before. Here's me making a house.

And, a random amazing vista from ut2k3 which at the time made me goggle at how pretty it was. I still do.

Some funky glitchin' in KotOR which resulted in my party being entirely stripped down to their b-day suits! Well, almost.

Oh, Jolee Bindo. You poor, frumpy bastard.

This part in Deus Ex where these blue guys were bathed in just the right creepy dark light that made them look stunningly cool and almost cel-shaded. Probably one of the best parts of the game, unfortunately.

And finally, a sneak preview of a Silent Hill thread I may or may not do sometime soon:

super extra bonus new game + edit HOW ABOUT SOME GOOD OLE' JRPG PORTS IN SPANISH?

Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome. I will post when I can!
FortNinety
Pheonix Wright
Pheonix Wright

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not be a spammer, but since its relevant to the subject at hand, and for those who might have missed it elsewhere, I recently took a whole bunch of screenshots of this WACKY JAPPY game where you ride mine carts, make sandwiches, and try to impress a girl, all at once...

For the full story, simply start here. There's three parts in total.
bleak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my contribution:

The funniest moment in Quake 3... the CD key authentication.

My team at some point during Pokemon Emerald!

Using mad skillz to capture Rayquaza:

Not much in my pictures folder in the way of screenies that I've taken, but hey. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: