The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flash help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Flash help Reply with quote

I'm making a animated menu for a website, but my knowledge of flash is pretty limited. In fact, this is the first time I've picked up flash since college 8 years ago. It's looking as though I'm going to hit a brick wall quite soon. When that inevitable moment comes, is there anyone on here who could help me out? I know what I want to achieve, and I'm pretty sure flash is capable of it, but how to do it is beyond me for the time being.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm going to bed, so I should post my plea now before I go and sleep on it:

Here is what I have so far. The flash file ishere

Right, now let me talk you through it. This is going to be one part of a larger, quite simple html page .

1.) the 'flavours' you see listed below all correspond to a different embedded youtube video. Apparently it is possible to embed youtube videos in flash! I asked people to remix this video and choose a 'flavour' that would represent them.

2.) mousing over each of these 'flavors' makes a speech bubble pop up describing it! Each speech bubble will have an animated entrance and an exit when you move the mouse away. rapidly moving your cursor down the list should make multiple bubbles pop up at once.

3.) clicking each flavor (they are buttons!) makes the corresponding youtube video appeared overlayed, like you see above.

Now if you load up my flash video, you'll see I haven't got very far at all because I am dumb. Right now the background video and the peanut butter bubble are part of the same video clip, so when the peanut butter bubble is inactive, so is the looping background video. Also, none of the other buttons work yet. As you might have guessed, all I know how to do in flash right now is to make an animation and make buttons to stop and start it, and I hoped I could apply the same principles to this, but it's obviously not that simple.

D:

Please won't someone help
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross-posted from Select Button

Alright, things are going pretty swimmingly, but I've hit another brick wall. This is what it looks like right now (it looks the same as it did before but trust me all the buttons do stuff now, and everything moves)

(you can download it here http://www.maudevintage.com/jamesharvey/markp/popping8.fla)

So I've got two problems.

1.) I can't find out what the actionscript commend for 'click' is.

2.) embedding youtube videos??!?????? D:
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you just embed a standard html type section then embed youtube into that with html?

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently but it seems to be even more difficult than embedding a youtube video.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: