The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Senko no Wartech: Help me rounder / Help Help me rounder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aderack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Senko no Wartech: Help me rounder / Help Help me rounder Reply with quote

Let's have a thread!

So I've not gotten to the end with the funky samurai dude yet, though I dig his playstyle. Otherwise, it looks like everyone except Cuilan and... uh, girl-type Cuilan. Ernula, yes. Everyone else seems to have the same boss, and it's a perfectly fine boss! But the two of them get this really annoying whirligig thing, and then if you beat that there's this ultra-impossible bullet dodging thing. At least, Cuilan's got that. I can't get past the first part with Ernula.

So why do these two (presumably both androids from the same place) have this different ending, and why is it so damned annoying compared to the normal one?

Something I really appreciate: each character is completely different! And the characters I enjoy are not always the ones I would expect to enjoy. Karel, as I said, is intriguing and odd -- his whole "must stay defensive to be offensive" style has possibilities. Lili is pretty devastating and unpredictable. And Baek is so damned powerful!

The default control setup is pretty weird. I've got weapon A on, er, "A"; weapon B on "B"; A+B on Y; dash on X; shield on the right trigger; BOSS on the left trigger; and overdrive mode, for which I see no obvious use, on the right bumper. Works pretty well!

Who-on else has this now that it's cheap?

Last edited by aderack on Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Intentionally Wrong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you're describing Senko no Ronde! Or WarTech, rather. The first and last time I played that was at KE3, which was not the ideal venue for experiencing any game other than Sonic 360*. (For which it was the perfect venue.)

I seem to recall having a little talent for the game, but I didn't spend enough time playing to keep up with everyone else's progression along the learning curve. I found the characters' various costumes pretty fascinating, though.

I hope I can contribute to this thread soon!

* - Okay, it was also pretty good for La La Land. And Trio the Punch. And maybe Beatmania IIDX. BUT THAT'S IT.
aderack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The learning curve is pretty weird. The game is so abstract! It took a few hours before I really figured out what I was doing. And it's not like I'm a master now; I just understand how the game works, pretty much, and can navigate within that.

Initially it seems a lot less balanced and a lot more gimmicky than it is. Part of that is just how long it takes to understand what's happening.

It would be neat to have an alternative "virtuaroid" camera.

I, uh, just found this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the other thread accounts for all the discussion this is gonna get?
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't know. I talked about this a lot when it first came out. I got a lot out of it when I first started playing it but it wore out once I played it with friends. See, it's a LOT more entertaining when you play it against someone, so once you do that once you won't be able to play much single player. Also, as I stated else where, to see the "true boss" (curians boss) for every character you need to drag out all the fights until you see their "Final BOSS" form (the one you get while they're in the flashing red zone). It's actually pretty tricky to do and I only did it with one character, but you get a completely different ending if you're interested in that sort of thing.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
aderack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was playing as Changpo, I beat at least three of the opponents when they were in some BOSS variation. That's pretty satisfying! She's a real BOSSkiller, as she has trouble hitting things yet she's super strong. When the opponent becomes a barn door, contact is suddenly no longer a problem.
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has someone bought me this game yet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: