The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rez HD headed to Live Arcade in early '08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Rez HD headed to Live Arcade in early '08 Reply with quote

Via 1up.

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3392617&type=lg
FortNinety
Pheonix Wright
Pheonix Wright

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES
Dracko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite.

I got a pre-owned PS2 copy about three days back and I've been playing and re-playing it to death.
FortNinety
Pheonix Wright
Pheonix Wright

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will finally be my reason to enter the wide, world of HD gaming.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FortNinety wrote:

You probably should have entered the wide world of the CURRENT generation already. You know, considering that you get paid to write about games and all.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
RadarScope1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
FortNinety wrote:

You probably should have entered the wide world of the CURRENT generation already. You know, considering that you get paid to write about games and all.

haha - makes me feel better about still being stuck on the old-time tube tech
Slonie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand staying out of the world of HD gaming because you're poor, or cheap*. But I still can't quite get around your poo-pooing of HD for the sake of general principle, fort!

*Not to disrespect those who are poor, or cheap. I'm alternately one or the other, or both!
FortNinety
Pheonix Wright
Pheonix Wright

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
FortNinety wrote:

I've been.... you know.... busy.

But also... and I really can't put my finger on as to why, but for whatever reason I simply did not follow along when things jumped forward. I never thought I would be "that guy", or perhaps more appropriately, "that gamer" that keeps going how things were so much better than before, and how everything sucks.

I guess you hit a point where you've seen so much that its harder to be impressed, and with also so much out there, my tastes have become... refined. Which is both good and bad.

Slonie wrote:
I can understand staying out of the world of HD gaming because you're poor, or cheap*. But I still can't quite get around your poo-pooing of HD for the sake of general principle, fort!

*Not to disrespect those who are poor, or cheap. I'm alternately one or the other, or both!

It's also very hard to explain my disdain for HD gaming, but I can at least make a better attempt.

A lot of it has to do with HD television sets in general, not just games. I'm a pretty media savvy guy, and I guess I love the rawness of the television media up till recently. I just love the look and feel of television, from its very inception, up until the late 90s/early 2000. Let’s just say the minute Conan O’Brien went to letterbox, I packed my bags.

Things have always been less about the content and more about the form, but it has just got so God damn ridiculous…

I also love how much of a divide high definition sets have caused. Not to say that attitude is prevalent here (thank fucking God), but it is elsewhere. Its no longer cars but the size of one’s television screen that determines dick size. I love the attitude that you don’t play video games on a HS set, “you’re doing it wrong!” To point that people get genuinely upset. And hey, whatever… its like they feel bad that no one else wants to spend $3000 on a f’n television set, and have to deal with nine different remote controls, and how things supposedly look better, but in reality everything looks way worse.

Oh sorry, wait till HD DVD/Blu-ray becomes common. Yeah sure, because everything I liked on VHS certainly made the leap to DVD, and I’m sure it’ll be just as easy this time around.

Sorry to ramble, but its late, and you know…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: