The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xfire: Career's in Gaming Week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaBeeWilliams
Beatnik
Beatnik

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Xfire: Career's in Gaming Week Reply with quote

Xfire, a PC gamer enthusiast's chat program, used for tracking and joining the servers that you're friends are playing and having ingame text and voice communication, is hosting a sort of Career Day Event this week, with topics spanning across multiple facets of gaming creation.

http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_gaming_careers/

I'm sorry for getting this to you a bit late, since there's a waiting list that you sing up for and a 48 hour email notification prior to the chat. I also have no idea who's going to be involved in said chats, but as exclusively as the opportunity is, I thought I'd be best to pass this along to any interested. I'll be aiming for the Production chat on Wednesday and the Debate on the Friday, which will likely be just test in humility for whomever the "industry experts" are that'll be answering the questions of gamers today. The Ninja and Pirate at the podium gives a forewarning to what may be at hand, lending more to the idea that they'll just be talk of collective interests and genres rather than personal beliefs being made. But, yeah! It could be fun.

Edit: It looks like clicking on the images for each selective date will shead some light on the events, including whose joining the panel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: