The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GameTap adds Panzer Dragoon II Zwei

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: GameTap adds Panzer Dragoon II Zwei Reply with quote

In addition to Metal Slug 2, Neo Turf Masters, and Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition the latest release on GameTap is Panzer Dragoon II Zwei. To my knowledge there was no PC port of this, so this would seem to indicate that their Saturn releases aren't from the limited collection of blah PC versions released way back when. Weeeeee!!

Edit: Ah hell, they have Freespace 2 on there? And Planescape? I cannot resist any longer.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes its been on gametap for some time now!

they also have DC games that didnt have PC ports like Toy Commander!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh! I am behind!

Do you use any sort of controller, or just keyboard and mouse? Now that I have the PS3 controller working with my laptop, I think I might give that a whirl. The last gamepad I use is the Gravis SNES-like pad from '93 or so.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mostly certainly use a gamepad!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, uh, I was browsing the Gametap site a while back, and....they have free games that they rotate in and out? And sometimes they have interesting-looking ones?

Is this, like....something I can exploit? Like I grab Gametap, and play some free games, and wait until there are some new free games, and play them, and so on, without paying them money?

Not that I'm saying they don't deserve money! The service really looks like it has started to come into it's own. Kind of makes me wonder about my old pipedream of essentially selling people a DOSBox-based console.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's like 1 buck for the first month, don't be so godamn cheap. it's $10 every month after that so just cancel and rejoin for $10 when they got more stuff you want or whatever.

also they don't rotate them as far as i know? they have almost reached the 1000 mark.
Pheonix Wright
Pheonix Wright

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... So, I've always wondered; is the port any good? I'm looking to get a PC, or maybe wait to get another Mac. And if Saturn emulation is getting as good as they say (though aside from RS, from what I've seen, its pretty decent).
ryan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried it yet. I'm thinking about paying for a full year soon. If you check back, every week they have a list of titles that are free to play after you watch a single thirty second ad. They tend to recycle about 10 of the titles but they change it up enough to make checking in worthwhile. Ah hell, swimmy would know. Maybe he'll drop in and say what's what.
Swimmy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FortNinety wrote:
.... So, I've always wondered; is the port any good? I'm looking to get a PC, or maybe wait to get another Mac. And if Saturn emulation is getting as good as they say (though aside from RS, from what I've seen, its pretty decent).

I guess it depends on your computer. I compared PD on emulator and Gametap, and on mine they both run at the same speed: unplayably slow. The Gametap textures look a little smoother, not necessarily in a good way, but I don't have a real Saturn to compare it to.

Zwei runs about the same. I just can't play either. But I think it's my machine's fault, not Gametap's. I have a Geforce FX 5600 with 512 MB RAM, and haven't upgraded anything in 4 years, so.

"Ayn Rand fans are the old school version of Xenogears fanboys."
-seryogin
dmauro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FortNinety wrote:

Keep in mind that you saw RS running on a Pentium D and not a Core 2 Duo, which is what is really recommended for SSF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: