The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i don't know who jonathan blow is but this was interesting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: i don't know who jonathan blow is but this was interesting Reply with quote

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/08/08/a-higher-standard-game-designer-jonathan-blow-challenges-super-marios-gold-coins-unethical-mmo-design-and-everything-else-you-may-hold-dear-about-video-games/

i'm sure steve spammed a bunch of you guys too, but this is worth a read. (just kidding i like steve)
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I tried the entire length of GDC to get an interview with Jon Blow and he kept refusing. I was told by other people this was the case for them as well. I wonder how Steve sweet talked him...

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh who is he?

edit: i mean because oh wow he's making a platformer - i tend to think of platformers as you guys think of fps games. i do agree with him on some stuff but so much of the mavericks that get featured every so often in a higher-profile outlet tend to make what i think are boring games. i don't know that we've surpassed the whole "competency" thing to get to "this is my personal vision!"
loves your favorite videogame
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon blow is an egomaniac / auteur. he's famous for making an amazing game that five people have played.
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he helped me out a little when I wrote a small article back when he first won the innovation award.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: