The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rumors and lies, maybe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redeye

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Rumors and lies, maybe Reply with quote

teh corporashuns are evil, especially micro$oft

So, does anybody believe this?

What would the legal parameters be?
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part are you wondering about? It all sounds pretty possible to me. The thing is, I don't think any of it matters that much. If Microsoft has a "kill switch" they wouldn't use it unless piracy got crazy out of hand, and even then they'd go through other measures first, like killing Live accounts immediately and what not. Not sure what they do now if they know you're pirating. If they did flip this "kill switch" the backlash wouldn't be worth it. They know this as well, which is why it wouldn't happen unless things got totally insane (like over 50 percent of owners with mod chips insane).

The MGS4 thing is the only thing that's suspect, but I'm not sure if that matters either. If it does exist I'm sure it'll be at E3. If not, this guy's probably full of shit.

I like the idea of charging companies for releasing buggy software on your hardware. That's pretty suave. Bravo MS.

-Wes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: