The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

very minor innovations in gaming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captaincabinets

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: very minor innovations in gaming Reply with quote

The next generation of consoles is now current: hardware, for the moment, seems pretty stable.

It's time to see some very minor innovations in the games themselves. Things which would not exactly set the world on fire and take years of tech demos and grand Will Wright visions. Things that could slip under the radar, but be a definite step forward on the treadmill of gaming pleasure.

For me, I would like to see games finally recognise that I have already put "the" at the start of my group/guild name, or "Mr." at the start of my character name. So I don't get:
"It looks like the The VLAS is ready to go adventuring!", or,
"Can you fetch me an item, mr. Mr. T?"
That's all I want.

Well chime in with your teeny tiny innovations, ladies and germs. I do not want to see anything from the Narrative and Games thread.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want supposed "action" games not to require me to stop playing to access menus to determine what actions I'll be making. I want to have my moveset available to me at all times without stopping play.

I am very upset with Odin Sphere for not conforming to that desire.
Intentionally Wrong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicopterp wrote:
I want supposed "action" games not to require me to stop playing to access menus to determine what actions I'll be making. I want to have my moveset available to me at all times without stopping play.

I am very upset with Odin Sphere for not conforming to that desire.

Ssssso.... Kingdom Hearts?

I think we need to publicize the fact that Odin Sphere is not an action game. It's an action-RTS.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should also publicize the fact that it isn't very good, even when sheep plants are so much fun to grow.
Dracko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want hybrid genres not to be so awkward any more.
FortNinety
Pheonix Wright
Pheonix Wright

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this doesn't count, and maybe people are sick and tired of hearing about it, either from me or other people, but there's a scene in Mega Man Legends where you're walking around the town square or something and can kick around a can on the street. If you kick it in such a way that it gets tossed aside, like behind a booth (there's people with booths set up, like a fair, to sell stuff and the such), you get congratulated for helping to clean up the streets. I always thought that was neat...
D-A-I-S

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(note that repeatedly kicking the can into the bakery for money will eventually turn Megaman's armor darker and darker and cause the doors of houses you listen to tell you about how much of an asshole you are. it is one of several ways to give Megaman a "bad" reputation).
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: