The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Condemned: = Hills have Eyes the Game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Condemned: = Hills have Eyes the Game. Reply with quote

I have a couple of films that I'd like to see computer game 'equivalents' to, The Hills have Eyes brutal fightscenes in the deserted testing site. Kill Bill vol.1's combat sequences, although please note that the fights are not the main reason I like Kill Bill since the dialogue sequences are some of my favourite bits.. (and a few others, ie. Ghostbuster's overall tone)

I have just found a game that has a lot in common with the fight sequences and atmosphere of the Aja Hills Have Eyes Remake. Condemned Criminal Origins is a first person game but it concentrates on melee combat. I've only played a couple of levels.

It may not be a great game, but it is creepy as hell and has a lot of psychotic grunting mutants / nutters / zombies etc in it which you get to kill with a lots of pipes etc. It is like THHE goes to New York but without the "your family get attacked, then slaughtered plot of the films.

Worth a rental at least.
DaleNixon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condemned is much better than the demo indicated! Keep playing! There are a few really nice stages towards the end including some really nice surprises. Parts of this game are almost Silent Hill esque.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so this is worth picking up?

i liked monolith's work with fear, to be sure.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine who didn't care much for FEAR thought this was a much better game.

I haven't played either yet (but will soon).
Ketch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first 360 game that I've played that I feel like I might buy. It gets my vote over Table Tennis, Gears of War (tacky), and Dead Rising. Partially due to the cheaper price, but also because I'm just not feeling the others as much.
Dracko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the plot get painfully supernaturally retarded towards the end, though? I heard that it did, and not in any good way.
B coma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the end is funny, if anything! play it with a friend. it's worth the effort, because the game isn't too challenging really.

the whole investigation aspect of the game is totally streamlined/simplistic but is used to excellent atmospheric effect in at least one or two of the stages.

also hitting people (with blades from paper cutters and mannequin parts) is pretty good times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: