The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii Elf Game Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
player 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: The Wii Elf Game Thread Reply with quote

Ok, so I decided to make Mrs. Claus and her 3 elves today on my Wii and I sent them to the last person who sent me Miis. You know who you are. I think what would be pretty sweet is anyone who gets these elves sends them to the next person who sends them Miis with the instructions to pass the elves around to anyone who sends them Miis, too.

If you have the elves and no one is sending you Miis then use this thread to be like, "where's the love, bitches?".

Or, well, if you don't have the elves but still want people sending you Miis post in this thread, too. Ha!

"It is a peaceful way of understanding life, to play"
_Marcel Duchamp
Mister Toups
Hates your favorite videogame
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

posting in this thread
player 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot. To start things off I'll give you a clue as to who has the elves.

It's HarveyJames.

Oh shit, that clue was too easy. (If you are flooded with Miis you don't want, um, you can send them to me?)

_Marcel Duchamp
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great. I haven't checked my Miis lately though because my dad has been playing Zelda. He's stuck in the Forest Temple which is pretty good going. My 65 year-old-dad playing Zelda is comedy gold by the way.

He has no idea how to beat any of the enemies because he just shakes both the nunchuk and the pointer vigorously until something dies. I can't wait to see him fight the boss!
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
He has no idea how to beat any of the enemies because he just shakes both the nunchuk and the pointer vigorously until something dies. I can't wait to see him fight the boss!

I'm seriously interested to know how he's enjoying it.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's enjoying it 'fine'. He's retired, so he doesn't have a whole lot else to do (he says). I asked him if there's anything he particularly enjoys or doesn't enjoy about it and there isn't.

He still hasn't quite gotten used to the buttons and has to look for the 'a' button every time, but he has no trouble with the camera and his swordfighting is getting more sophisticated. Anything that requires carrying out actions quickly, like throwing a bombliing at one of those sea-anemome things before it blows up is pretty much beyond him, but he works out that that's what you're supposed to do.

Right now he's in one of those 'light all the torches' rooms. We'd take one look at the unlit torches and know what was up, but to him it's unclear, even though he's already solved a puzzle like this already.

I still don't think the structure of Zelda dungeons is really fair, because my Dad was staring at the wind-activated bridge for ages pondering how to make it move. Of course, Zelda veterans like us would know immediately that puzzles like this are to do with some fantastical item we don't have yet and move on. With a little coaxing from me he worked out that the moving bridges outside only moved when the wind blew, and that he'd need a 'wind machine' to move to the bridge which is pretty good.

He's now got all the monkeys you need to get across the original bridge the boomerang ape cuts down, but he hasn't really worked out that there's a correlation between amount of monkeys and places you can access.

He's just done the 4 monkey rope trick after 3 attempts! So he should be coming up to the confrontation with boomerang ape. I'm not going to help him at all with this, but I'll let you know how he got on.
player 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, that's totally an interesting conversation (I swear, I read it all and I'm interested in it, too), but like... less threaderailing and more Mii trading please?

_Marcel Duchamp
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, my Dad stopped playing Zelda so I can check my Miis, and I have indeed received the elf. No-one's sent me anything to trade for it yet. Where's the love, bitches?

My Dad beat boomerang ape on his first go, by the way. Twice he threw down the controllers in frustration and I had to coax him into carrying on with it, but he did it in the end! He worked out how to do it all by himself, applying prior knowledge learned in the dungeon (rolling into the totems to knock people off them). It was obviously very stressful for him though, since his face went all red and once or twice he called Link a 'fucking twat'.

Watching the cricket now, he says the only bad thing about playing games like that is that you get 'fired up'. He was going to go to bed, but now he can't!

Last edited by Harveyjames on Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
B coma

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
It was obviously very stressful for him though, since his face went all red and once or twice he called Link a 'fucking twat'.!

maybe he should try Zelda II.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elf has been sent into the wild yet again!

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you wii-owners consolidate your wii threads?
silentmatt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana Komatsu wrote:
Can't you wii-owners consolidate your wii threads?

All your threads belong to Wii.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way Shaper, thanks for fully taking advantage of this opportunity to share new and exciting miis. I usually send at a bare minimum a Bjork or maybe a Prince, but you've really thrown my efforts into sharp relief by sending me a mii of yourself. I mean wow. Thanks. Christmas has come early in my household, I can tell you.
silentmatt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna send me Prince harvey? That would be sweet.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading about HarveyJames's dad is my new favorite pastime. Admins: can we please make it its own thread?
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not really much to tell about him right now expect that he's starting his climb up Death Mountain to the second dungeon. At one point he thought he'd lost the boomerang and started singing 'My Boomerang Won't Come Back.' Then he realised it was in the inventory screen.

Also he keeps trying to pick a fight about how Death Mountain is a definitely a volcano and not a gigantic fallen meteor (which is what it looks like, especially when you are singing to the white wolf). I never made the case it wasn't a volcano as well (maybe the earth's mantle seeped through the meteor over time, or something) but in his eyes it can only be one or the other. So every time Death Mountain displays volcano-like activity he says 'that's because it's a fucking volcano'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: