The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GBA on the Wii?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silentmatt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: GBA on the Wii? Reply with quote

I know Nintendo released (or at least were planning on releasing) an accessory for the Gamecube which allowed people to play GBA games on the 'cube (see link).

Does anyone know of a way to do this with the Wii? My girlfriend has been pestering me ever since we got the Wii that she wants to play SMB3.... and I keep telling her that I have the cartridge for GBA - but she complains that the screen is too small and she'd much rather play it on the TV with a "real" controller. If I could just hook it up to the Wii - maybe an SD-to-cartridge adapter of some sort? - it would be awesome.

Have any of you heard about anything along those lines?
duomo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Game Boy Player was released for the GameCube a few years ago. However, it's not compatible with the Wii, since the Wii lacks the necessary expansions ports. I don't think there's any way to play a GBA game from the cartridge on a Wii right now.
player 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are a ton of emulators with freeloader and the SD card adapter that you can use.

"It is a peaceful way of understanding life, to play"
_Marcel Duchamp
grumbel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also third party GBA adapters around that work with by pluging an adapter into the memory card slot.
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't this eventually be available for Download too onto the Wii?
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not until Nintendo thinks they've milked enough money out of people buying the GBA port.
silentmatt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grumbel wrote:
There are also third party GBA adapters around that work with by pluging an adapter into the memory card slot.

That is kind of what I am looking for. Any idea if anyone can confirm that they work with the Wii? I'd assume, if they work with the cube, they would work due to the similarity between the two systems... but, it would be good to know. Any reputable brands/places to buy from?

ryan wrote:
Won't this eventually be available for Download too onto the Wii?

Probably at some point... although, currently, I don't know if that event is on the horizon. With only 4 games added each week - out of pretty much thousands of plausible titles - who knows when the games I want to be playing will be released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: