The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SNES-to-PC Controller: is there such a thing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lockeownzj00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: SNES-to-PC Controller: is there such a thing? Reply with quote

One that won't run me $36 clams? Or modding it myself?

Is there a joybox-type thang I can get? I mean, I could use a ps2 or gamecube controller, those are comon enough. But this is for oldskool emulation; I really don't want to be using a clunky controller fer that.

Or alternatively, any ready-made PC controllers that are just bitchin? I seem to remember my brother getting a sega-genesis style controller that was all white n sexy like that.
dark steve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jandaman.com/games.mvc?p=snesusb&Category_code=SNES

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my PS2-to-USB gamepad converter for $10 at RadioShack. Actually, my mom got it for $10 at RadioShack after I begged her to buy it for me. That's how long ago it was that I got it, and it still works perfectly.

I'm thinking about getting one of those converters that has 4 Xbox ports in converter for MAME Ninja Turtles when friends come over. Has anyone else ever used one of these, and does anyone know if Windows accepts each controller as a seperate controller or as one, because that could cause problems eventually.
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a four-playstation-controller box for mame-related multiplayer shennanigans. it works pretty well. usually i just have one controller plugged into it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about getting the PS2 one (still might, since I haven't bought anything yet), but most of my friends play Xbox so that would end up being cheaper in the long run.

Actually, now that I think about it, I could just go the 360 controller route. It's a tad bit more expensive, but that controller just feels good. It works really, really well with Crazy Climber.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: