The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Senssi/SWOS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Senssi/SWOS! Reply with quote

So, ok, I downloaded the demo and got hooked on the game. I started playing at about 1 am, by 2 am I said I was going to just play for 30 more min then go to be, then at 6:30 am I suddenly realized that I've missed the opportunity to sleep.

The thing that kept me going through it all though was the fact that the game is so incredibly simple to play yet I can't seem to play it well at all. I mean, I honestly think that I'm missing either some tactic or some knowledge about the game because I can't seem to win to save my life (though after a very short career mode, a whole season in whales, and countless friendly games I do have 2 whole wins under my belt).

I understand that the longer you hold the A button the harder you kick/throw it. I understand that the ball isn't stuck to my feet. I understand that a brief tap of A should pass it to the closest player in that direction. But the ball is constantly being stolen from me, I never seem to know which character I'm going to be controlling, and I have a hard time scoring because the ball has gotten away from me.

Give me the basics for how to play the game well. This game really needed an included tutorial mode because the help/instructions are pretty worthless. Also, I think some of this comes from my lack of general soccer knowledge. I'm playing it pretty similarly to how hockey is played because it seems pretty similar.

Also, was this game ever ported to a console? I'm almost POSITIVE I've played it before, and I think it was on a console (and earlier than 96/97).

Also, let's just talk about Sensible World Of Soccer some.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Winged Assassins (1984)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are positive that you have played it before you'd be right, it was hell of whored out back in the day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word is that even people who seriously love Sensible Soccer are having trouble with this one. This is supposed to be the version of SWOS that was released on the PC ported over, although plenty of people are saying that they bet that more was changed than is generally done in a straight port.

My new PC has been taking up all my gaming time, I haven't powered on the 360 since this was released.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratchmonkey wrote:
Word is that even people who seriously love Sensible Soccer are having trouble with this one.

Well, that blows!

Still though, am I missing something major here? I need a basics and I can't even seem to find a video on youtube.

boojiboy7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man shaper, I am in the exact same boat as you. I like this game, but I have no freaking clue how to play it. We should play agianst each other and have a battle of not getting anywhere.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that doesn't sound like the Sensi I knew and loved. It should be pick-up-and-play.

The version I had had a special Amiga Power team, picked by the staff of my beloved Amiga Power magazine! All the characters' names were in-jokes to the magazine! This alone ensured my 8-year-old loyalty.
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this the first sensible soccer that's used analog controls? i think there might be something going on with the sticks that i havn't seen before. i could beat the computer at least half the time on the mega drive game, but i've yet to score a single victory in the xbox version. and i can't play online until i get this router issue resolved (hint: help me).
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I tried setting the graphics to original mode and seemed to gain a little bit of control and felt like I knew what I was doing a little better. Perhaps there's something to that?

My guess is that this is just a poor port.

Anyways, dess, I have no idea what to tell you. Can't you just run a CAT-5 cable from your router to your 360?

Winged Assassins (1984)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
is this the first sensible soccer that's used analog controls?

SWOS with analogue controls, I don't like the sound of that.
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

god i got this game and i still ahvent played it because of omega five
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: