The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much Perfect Dark do I get in TimeSplitters 3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: How much Perfect Dark do I get in TimeSplitters 3? Reply with quote

Perfect Dark (N64): one of my top ten of anything. I don't have a 360, and I recently read that one or more of the single-player levels in TimeSplitters: Future Perfect is not-unsimilar to certain levels of the N64 classic.

So, if I nab a cheap, used copy of TS3, how much "close-enough" gameplay am I going to get? Keep in mind that I very much enjoyed TS2, as long as it lasted.
ryan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whatever reason (well, I know the reason), I took Perfect Dark as Perfect Dark Zero and had the near uncontrollable urge to run over to your place and jump on top of your copy like it was a live grenade.

Everything I've read about TS3 has been really positive, though nothing in terms of comparison to PD.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lestrade, I was planning on finally picking up Future Perfect for the same reason. However the single player mode plays out, one thing's for sure: it's not going to stir up the same kind of multiplayer fervor that PD did among my friends. I played the shit out of that game.
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Future Perfect is good! I didn't play much multiplayer Perfect Dark, and I've really only made it about half-way through Future Perfect, but I enjoyed what I played. It's certainly better than Timesplitters 2, and Timesplitters 2 ain't too shabby itself.

-Wes
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicopterp wrote:
I played the shit out of that game.

Oh yes. I still have some multi-player scenarios if you want 'em (or what to know about 'em).
Alc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got Perfect Dark and Future Perfect, and I can't say I noticed much similarity in the levels, but then I don't know Perfect Dark all too well. The engine is very similar, but if you've played TS2 you'd know that anyway.

I got more out of TS2 than 3, incidentally - picked the latter up cheap, completed it on single player, played it a bit more, then left it.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lestrade wrote:
helicopterp wrote:
I played the shit out of that game.

Oh yes. I still have some multi-player scenarios if you want 'em (or what to know about 'em).

I am so down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: