The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Amazing Dreamcast VGA Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GSL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
More Michael Jackson.

As though anyone needed any other reason to drop what they're doing now and get the game!
J.Goodwin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
The Gamecube version is only $40.
Don't have a GameCube right now. Hocked it in anticipation of the Wii (it hadn't been plugged in in more than six months :()
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
If no-one's mentioned it already, Space Channel 5 part 2 is brilliant. About a thousand times better than the first one. More variety, more songs, more characters, more bosses. More Michael Jackson. Some of the best graphics I've ever seen on the Dreamcast. I love it.

I don't know, I mean it is better, but not a thousand, not by a long shot. They work really, really well as one budget game. I played the ever loving crap out of the first game, but never felt the urge to buy the sequel because it wasn't released in the US (on the DC). When the PS2 double pack came out I was pretty happy with it (and they even improved parts of the first game). Part 2 is better, but I have a lot more time in with the original, and there is no section that really irritates me in part1 where part2 seems to have a few sections that need a bit of "luck" to pass. Either way, they are both really good, and anyone who doesn't have the double pack on the PS2 (unless they have the DC games) should go get them now.

Right now.

Hell, yesterday.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
OtakupunkX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatsaintlouis wrote:
Harveyjames wrote:
More Michael Jackson.

As though anyone needed any other reason to drop what they're doing now and get the game!

See also: Moonwalker (and my love-hate (mainly hate (hey look, paranthesis inside paranthesis)) relationship with the game).

The double pack is only $8 used at my local GameStop. I think I will be picking it up this weekend instead of preordering Contact (I think that can wait a weekend).
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OtakupunkX wrote:
The double pack is only $8 used at my local GameStop. I think I will be picking it up this weekend instead of preordering Contact (I think that can wait a weekend).

Yeah, it was only like $20 new. There is a ton of stuff to do with it, and they are short enough that (when you get good) you can play through either part of the game on an evening after a party has winded down and you have a few intoxicated frineds over and just want to "watch something"

I also pull the game out when I am feeling indecisive and only have an hour or so to do something.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
OtakupunkX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
I also pull the game out when I am feeling indecisive and only have an hour or so to do something.

I think I might go buy this when I get out of school today then. I'll have to scrounge around for money though.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OtakupunkX wrote:
Greatsaintlouis wrote:
Harveyjames wrote:
More Michael Jackson.

See also: Moonwalker (and my love-hate (mainly hate (hey look, paranthesis inside paranthesis)) relationship with the game).

I can remember being 7 years old thinking Moonwalker would be a good game because Michael Jackson was in it.

If you check the credits, Michael Jackson designed much of the characters, enemies and scenarios in the Moonwalker arcade game, which probably explains why there is a robot in it which looks like this:

GSL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think how humiliating it is to get rammed to death by a giant robotic penis. Makes you want to pop in another quarter and have your revenge.
dark steve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the genesis version of Moonwalker.
J.Goodwin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dark steve wrote:
I really like the genesis version of Moonwalker.
I played too much of the Master System version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
simplicio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatsaintlouis wrote:
Just think how humiliating it is to get rammed to death by a giant robotic penis. Makes you want to pop in another quarter and have your revenge.

Just thought I'd remark that it's thrusting in perfect time to the live version Leonard Cohen's Dance Me to the End of Love, which includes the line "Touch Me With Your Naked Hand/ Touch me with your glove," as recorded in July 1993, the same time Jacko was doing some naked touching of his own.

Now that right there is some cosmic conspiracy voodoo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: