The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twilight Princess kind of sucks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link's Awakening is cool in how far it strays from series convention without losing the Zelda flavor.

Having said that I do like the way the series is mostly just the same story (Link beats Ganon) being told again and again. Like Eric Jon said, that's why it's The Legend of Zelda and not A Legend of Zelda.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't like attempts to fit the story into time lines.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did anyone figure out what those eye statues do in OoT? I mean besides tell the time and react to different objects in entertaining ways.
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the thing is ganondorf was taken from the backstory of zelda 3. and then they dropped the chronology but ran with the convention. the zelda series has a lot of this dead weight: the games adhere to contrivancies the reasons for which have long since become obsolete.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that this in any way mitigates everyone's complaints about Bombs in Dungeon 5, but I had two bomb bags by the time I got there. I had one full of Level 3 bombs and one full of Level 2 bombs; Level 2 bombs work just fine for what you need.

Also, Dungeon 6 is very rewarding when you pick up the Big Key before you even get the dungeon treasure.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think they need to drop Ganondorf. He's had his time as the villian, it's time for someone else to take over Hyrule!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycle wrote:
So did anyone figure out what those eye statues do in OoT? I mean besides tell the time and react to different objects in entertaining ways.

This doesn't really answer your question, but you can talk to them in Majora's Mask when you wear one of the masks.
Mister Toups
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicopterp wrote:
Cycle wrote:

This doesn't really answer your question, but you can talk to them in Majora's Mask when you wear one of the masks.

Actually you can talk to them in OoT too with the same mask. I think it's the mask of truth?
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they say anything interesting?

Also, why haven't you added me to your wii yet? C'mon, toups. C'mon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycle wrote:
Did they say anything interesting?

Also, why haven't you added me to your wii yet? C'mon, toups. C'mon.

No they didn't.

And I've been with my family for the holidays!

I'll add you when i get back home Smile
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They tell you that Ganondorf rides a black Gerudo stallion! A lot. I think that was the default piece of information and the developers forgot to swap all of them out. And that the Owl is rumoured to be the reincarnation of the sage Kaepora Gaebora. You get some practical little tips, and some that fill you in on backstory or character details, all presented in the form of hearsay or gossip. I likes 'em!

The stones in the front yard of the Temple of Time tell you some things which would have been interesting if you'd read them at the beginning of the game, but not so much use when you're at the stage in the game where you're actually able to hear it, which makes me think you were supposed to be given the ability to talk to them much earlier on in the proceedings.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right fellows, I had an excellent idea which maybe some of you clever chaps with fast computers and video capture equipment could help me with.

As we all know, Trill is the toucan with an afro who runs a shop just outside the forest temple in the Faron province. 'Trill' is also a song on Clipse's 'Hell Hath No Fury' album. So! It doesn't take a genius to work out that a music video for 'Trill' compiled out of in-game footage of Trill would be a very good thing indeed.

The track and the bird are a perfect match. At times you feel like the song could have been written by Trill himself.

Quote:

Bitch I’m trill (you don’t hear me though)
Bitch I’m so trill (what)
Nigga I’m trill (you don’t hear me though)
Nigga I’m so trill (what what)

So many different things make me Trill
Start with that beep with wings over the grill
Maybe how my way with words make me mils
Or maybe it's my way with birds, digital skills

You can get Trill to attack Link if you take stuff from his shop without paying. Presumably you can get him to kill Link too, so you would need footage of that in there.

Guys this is going to be big.

Last edited by Harveyjames on Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Slonie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:

There are a few secret caves that are pretty deep, but they feel like self-contained mini-dungeons, not really part of the landscape. If they had secondary exits to other zones of Hyrule field, that would give you an "aha" moment when you realize how things are interconnected.

Amen to that! I just found the (pretty big!) mini dungeon over on the shore of the lake, and I was fairly sure that the exit would pop me out in the desert. But nope, it just popped me back out at the entrance. Too bad! I was stoked when I found just how deep that little cave was though...
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder: We do have a spoiler/back story/reading too far into the game thread here.

Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So none of you are into my music video idea then.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually think trill is pretty awesome. i stopped in to grab some lantern oil, thinking the price would be automatically deducted. well on my way out trill flew over and started attacking me, and i had to hurry over to the money box while fending off this enraged toucan and deposit my twenty rupees. i thought it was fabulous.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
So none of you are into my music video idea then.

I would be if had ended up liking that Clipse album. It turns out that I do not.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me either, so we may as well get something out of that album.

dessgeega wrote:
i actually think trill is pretty awesome. i stopped in to grab some lantern oil, thinking the price would be automatically deducted. well on my way out trill flew over and started attacking me, and i had to hurry over to the money box while fending off this enraged toucan and deposit my twenty rupees. i thought it was fabulous.

Yeah, I like his laisse-faire attitude to capitalism.
david

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I just assumed it was too late and I'd already fucked it up when he started attacking me. I never spent a rupee there because the few times I tried to go back, he'd just attack me. Serves him right for having unclear shop policies and then being such a Nazi about it.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I just kept stealing fluids for free from him. I mean, there's no reason to pay him when all you have to do is cut some grass and refill your hearts.

helicopterp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except to save your morally corrupt soul!
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, in Oblivion, my soul is currupt. None of the gods (except the evil ones) will give me their blessing and I can't figure out how to clear my karma.

Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicopterp wrote:
Except to save your morally corrupt soul!

Yeah. I don't know what's up with you guys. Sometimes I just give him free
money for the heck of it!
Slonie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, I finished in over 50 hours. What can I say, I'm slow. Still missing like 19 Poes though, and as much as I loved the game I sort of doubt I will ever get them all. I do want to triumph in the cave of ordeals and catch the big one in the fishing hole before I put the game down for good, though.
david

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
Ha! I just kept stealing fluids for free from him. I mean, there's no reason to pay him when all you have to do is cut some grass and refill your hearts.

You know about stealing in Link's Awakening? You can walk behind the shopkeeper with your merchandise and slip out without paying! It's tricky but you can. Next time you enter, he zaps you with lightening and calls you THIEF, which becomes your name to everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best touches in Link's Awakening. The branding has all the punch of a condemnation, but without being too morally petty and heavy-handed that it would punish you beyond that.
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a point to the guy in Castle Town west road who is asking for donations?
dessgeega

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he wants peace in hyrule.
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All we are saying is give (five) peace(s of heart) a chance.
purplechair

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
well, the thing is ganondorf was taken from the backstory of zelda 3. and then they dropped the chronology but ran with the convention. the zelda series has a lot of this dead weight: the games adhere to contrivancies the reasons for which have long since become obsolete.

I just recently did the stuff where Ganondorf turns up in a cutscene for the first time (in Twilight Princess). The sage guy telling you the story says something like "But, in some cruel twist of fate, he had also been given the mark of the gods!"

And, you know, that just doesn't wash with me. Zelda and Link are obviously "good" characters, and it's pretty heavily implied that their heroic nature is connected with their holy birthmark things. But why does Ganondorf have the mark of power? Why would Din give him the mark when he's just an utter bastard?

It got me thinking that maybe Ganondorf is quite misunderstood. You can't just say that wisdom and courage are good and power is bad, because that'd imply that Din (she was the power goddess, right?) was evil too, and stuff, surely? What if Ganondorf is really on just as righteous a quest as Zelda and Link, and they're just stepping in and getting in the way? Maybe, if they'd leave him to complete his plans, he'd unite the world in harmony and keep everyone safe and things?

Another idea has just occurred. In Twilight Princess, Link is obviously courageous, and Ganon is obviously powerful, and... perhaps Zelda is just being wise (but neither courageous nor powerful) when she surrenders Hyrule to Zant, at the start of the game? Perhaps all three goddesses are morally neutral, and their marks are just given to whomever should best embody their patroned quality?

And stuff.

Basically, absolutely no-one can really understand what the hell is going on in Hyrule's backstory, because the powers that be seem to just make all this shit up anew in each game, based loosely on themes and ideas they used in previous games.

I'm almost at Snowhead, and I still think it's all just same old Zelda. I like the spinner - the first completely new item Iin the game, I think - although it seems a little out of place? I do love sliding around like I'm playing Jet Set Radio again, though.

Also, the dungeon sub-bosses seem much better than their big bosses.
Ketch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplechair wrote:

Another idea has just occurred. In Twilight Princess, Link is obviously courageous, and Ganon is obviously powerful, and... perhaps Zelda is just being wise (but neither courageous nor powerful) when she surrenders Hyrule to Zant, at the start of the game? Perhaps all three goddesses are morally neutral, and their marks are just given to whomever should best embody their patroned quality?

Well, it isn't good to have rulers with power (but not wisdom). Sometimes wisdom is knowing not to use the power.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
You know about stealing in Link's Awakening? You can walk behind the shopkeeper with your merchandise and slip out without paying! It's tricky but you can. Next time you enter, he zaps you with lightening and calls you THIEF, which becomes your name to everyone.

In the DX version, you are awarded with a lovely photo of yourself stealing from the shop when you go visit the camera shop or whatever. It made me feel guilty, especially seeing the expression of glee on Links face Sad
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracko wrote:
One of the best touches in Link's Awakening.

Did anyone try taking Tarin to the crane game? She straight fucks shit up left and right.
a_plus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this has been mentioned, forgive for not reading this thread (spiolery), but what's the verdict on the wii version vs the gamecube version? obviously the control scheme is different, and there's the mirroring, but... anything else or does it work just as well either way? i reaaaally wanna play this, and i have a gamecube and limited funding.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gamecube version controls just fine. If you've played Wind Waker then you know what to expect, except there's no "free look" for camera control with the c-stick. Just first person, and then two third person settings, normal and zoomed out.

I'm over 26 hours into the game so far and I can't put it down! I've played it every single day for the past week. That's been kind of a rare thing for me lately, having a game hook me like this. And I'm only really at the halfway point! I like that, knowing there's a whole lot more of this game ahead of me. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did Wind Waker, and I really enjoyed Wind Waker despite the overall design (map layout, item redundancy, fetch questing). Twilight Princess has pretty much solved all of those problems, minus the fetch questing. But here the fetch questing isn't as annoying because it's mostly contained to the portion of the game you're at in the storyline. And any of the subquests you discover and take on aside from the main quest are just like icing on the cake.

I like the little "mini-dungeons" you find scattered about here and there. Though I wish there were more of them.
david

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplechair wrote:
What if Ganondorf is really on just as righteous a quest as Zelda and Link, and they're just stepping in and getting in the way? Maybe, if they'd leave him to complete his plans, he'd unite the world in harmony and keep everyone safe and things?

Speaking of which... what are his plans? What is his platform? Eliminating the estate tax? He's just hanging out in the castle like Frank Whaley in Career Opportunities.

As for Wii VS. Cube, I posted some impressions half way down page three of this thread. Having played a bit more, I'm noticing a few small details that didn't translate to the Wii. I'm not saying they make the Cube version better, but they're reminders that this was conceived as a Cube game.

Specifically, when you're on the move you can hold B and Link will hold his sword out at his side as he runs, finally making his slash when you release the button. You can do the same thing on your horse, though in that case you'll execute a spin attack. It's just a cool looking move that you can't do on the Wii because there's no "sword" button to hold. Also, on the Cube you can throw your boomerang without going into aiming mode with just a quick tap of the button (hold it for a second to aim). I could be wrong, but I don't think that's an option on the Wii. I noticed it right away because you haven't been able to throw the boomerang that way since the 2D games.

On the Wii, you get to enjoy the Wii-ness of resting your arms where you like and making menu selections with the pointer. You also get a superior aiming system and a more immersive fishing minigame. Swinging the remote to slash is not really a plus or a minus in my book, but it is an interesting break from tradition.

If you're itching to play this game but can't afford or find a Wii, don't hesitate to pick up the Cube version. It's the real thing, unabridged and awesome. The stuff that makes the Wii version cool in its own way are mainly some new mechanics that will soon become the norm in a multitude of Wii games. And if you're that into Zelda, figure on picking up TP for Wii in a couple years for cheap when you want to experience it afresh.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i did forget it was originally going to be a gc game! i'm pretty much just going to have to get it, then.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
Also, on the Cube you can throw your boomerang without going into aiming mode with just a quick tap of the button (hold it for a second to aim). I could be wrong, but I don't think that's an option on the Wii. I noticed it right away because you haven't been able to throw the boomerang that way since the 2D games.

I'm pretty sure you can do this on the Wii, too. Atleast, I think I remember doing it plenty of times.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
P.S. I'm thinking that if I played this game again I'd probably enjoy the early stages a lot more, since I'd be playing them knowing that the game wasn't going to be all like this- without that awful 'OH MAN THE NEW ZELDA SUCKS' anxiety weighing down on me.

I was totally thinking the same thing. All along there has been this anti-immersive stress weighing down on the fun. I didn't wanna burst my bubble but now I guess I can finally say that TP aint all what it's cracked up to be. It lacks the magic and comedy of WindWaker =/...

Just IMO of course...

Still a great game, though!

PS- Found this thread in a search on google... and caught my interest so I signed up and posted. Hope I didn't rez a sleeping thread here or anything.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamer's Quarter threads don't sleep. They wait.
internisus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
P.S. I'm thinking that if I played this game again I'd probably enjoy the early stages a lot more, since I'd be playing them knowing that the game wasn't going to be all like this- without that awful 'OH MAN THE NEW ZELDA SUCKS' anxiety weighing down on me.

Actually... this is exactly what happened with me. Because of this thread and so many assurances that the game gets much better after the first or second dungeon, I've been enjoying the early stuff just fine, despite my issues with it. And you guys know me. You know I have issues with it. So thanks everyone!
Redd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't they give me the Great Fairy Tears before the Cave of Ordeals-- when I need it!! Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of utility items in this game (including valuable rupees) come just a little too late to be of the best use (or of any use for that matter).

BAH!
Mister Toups

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internisus wrote:
Harveyjames wrote:

Actually... this is exactly what happened with me. Because of this thread and so many assurances that the game gets much better after the first or second dungeon, I've been enjoying the early stuff just fine, despite my issues with it. And you guys know me. You know I have issues with it. So thanks everyone!

guys internisus is enjoying a game with GAMEY TEXT and CONVENTIONS OF THE GENRE -- it's a christmas miracle!!
helicopterp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redd wrote:
Why can't they give me the Great Fairy Tears before the Cave of Ordeals-- when I need it!! Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of utility items in this game (including valuable rupees) come just a little too late to be of the best use (or of any use for that matter).

BAH!

They do, if you're fortunate enough to neglect your bridge-reassembling responsibilities for awhile.

The Cave of Ordeals is fantastic. It reminds me of all the dungeons in Pikmin 2 in terms of tone and layout. And name.

My cousin and I are just about to tackle the Sky Temple, and I can definitely say that Ooccoo is my favorite Zelda character in ages and ages (excepting the entire cast of Majora's Mask).

A display of my cousin's razor-sharp wit: When we were in the Temple of Time, all the spinny, spiky things that can hurt you if you aren't careful prompted him to say: "Temple of Time? More like Temple of Timing!" I responded with fierce silence.
david

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicopterp wrote:
Redd wrote:

BAH!

They do, if you're fortunate enough to neglect your bridge-reassembling responsibilities for awhile.

Could you clarify?

I'm not even sure I know what the Great Fairy Tears are. I thought you get them at the end of the Cave of Ordeals... ?

EDIT: Sorry for not whiting the spoilers before!

Last edited by david on Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what's this cave or ordeals?

also you all know we have a spoiler thread right.
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Great Fairy tears but have no idea what the cave of ordeals is!

The guy who gave me the bottle of tears said there was a cave where I would find an unlimited supply of them on the east side of the Gerudo desert. Hmm. It's like we each have a different piece of the same puzzle.

The Castle Town Malo Mart is fucked up. It's like the Hylian equivalent of a Bathing Ape store. I wonder if that's intentional, since Bathing Ape's mascot is called Baby Milo, and Malo Mart's mascot is baby Malo.
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat Zelda last night. 42 hours. Nice!

I liked it, but I didn't love it. I think I'd play WindWaker again before I tried Twilight Princess again. Actually, I'd probably try the GameCube Twilight Princess before either of them.

So David, let's talk spoilerville!

-Wes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so the Cave of Ordeals and the Great Fairy Tears.

The Great Fairy Tears are the reward for killing twenty poes. You also get a bottle with them. They are purple and refill your health entirely, rather than the mere 8 hearts replenished by fairies.

To find the Cave of Ordeals, grab the giant bridge piece from the desert. I think it's called the Bridge of Eldin. When you move it, a stairway appears where it once was, and you can go down inside. This is the Cave of Ordeals. Once you're inside, all you do is fight enemies in rotundas. The door for each opens up once you kill all the enemies in a particular room. So far, my cousin and I have been down ab out twenty floors, and there are more to come. The enemies get progressively harder as you "delve deeper" (without any pikmin). I have a feeling dessgeega would really love this place. It's basically just a lot of swordfighting, with a couple instances where you need other weapons thrown in. Oh, and as you get past each ensuing six floors or so, you meet a topless fairy who releases plenty of fairies to different parts of your map. I assume that once you get to the bottom, you get an unlimited source of Great Fairy Tears.

Anyway, it's a hoot.
internisus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's really... brave, I guess.

I'll update on my progress, if anyone's interested. I'm doing stuff with Gorons on Death Mountain now, on my way to the second dungeon, presumably. The twilight Kakariko Village / Death Mountain was amazing. At some point, I began feeling deliriously excited about the game, but where I am now I don't remember way. I definitely love this as I'm playing it more than any zelda I can remember.

As Toups has pointed out, I would have preferred several things be done differently, even beyond the level of "GAMEY TEXT". For example, it bothers me that the game does such a great job of building an emphasis on Link's heroic character, but at the very start of the game you are merely handed the Hero's Clothes and your destiny by divine power. It bothers me a lot. I would have loved to earn that instead. Also, I am tired of feeling on-rails, though I know things will open up. I am hoping that the structure opens up as well. I hope that the twilight thing becomes more dynamic throughout the game and is essential to everything by the end -- for instance, I want to eventually have free passage as in LttP to move between the light and twilight realms and have that be essential to solving puzzles.

Things that continue to please me greatly include the blurring of overworld/dungeon boundaries, the graphic detail, such as in the village, and the strong roles of npcs. I am relieved that mini-games so far are mostly of a physical reality (working at the ranch, sumo wrestling). Also, there are so many things that I find that intimate things I'll be able to do in the future, like those rocks with their symbols. I also love that so many symbols have come back from different past zelda games. There are many references to Ocarina, for exmaple. I'm just having a great time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: