The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dead Island Hype-Bus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaBeeWilliams
Beatnik
Beatnik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Dead Island Hype-Bus Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg

I wanna talk about this trailer, but the Internet is stupid, so I want to talk to you guys about it.

Last edited by RaBeeWilliams on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Internet seems to like it. What do you think about it?

-Wes
Beatnik
Beatnik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking for stimuli outside of random Youtube comments. The Internet and me are pretty tight, honestly.

While it's just a small tidbit of what's hopefully going to make the it into the final cut, the strength of the message in the game is very powerful, giving a personal weight and gravity to the pixels moving around as they shift back into their places, showing a great skill and confidence in the blocking and positioning of the characters.

Quintin Tarantino uses this prose of film making, such as reversing the sequential order of events to show the impact of what lead up to them. The last frame of the reversed shots are of the father reaching for his daughter, is if to say that's the most pivotal point of a hopeless situation.

That, and I can't wait to peel me some zombies like an onion in a game that hopefully lives up to its dire, and demanding precision needed to give the final blow to the infected that can reflect the skill of the player(s).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I told the Internet I feel about it:

"It's well edited and well done, but I have a feeling it has nothing to do with the game. Apparently it's an FPS. Unless it's legitimately a first person survival adventure game I don't really see how this feeling can translate to the gameplay."

And later it came out that the trailer is a "concept trailer" that was done entirely by a marketing company and has little to do with the game outside of taking place on the same island. Hopefully all of the positive feedback from this trailer can lead to something resembling this within the game itself.

-Wes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know very little about this game, but I am under the impression it'll be a bit like Far Cry with zombies. It might be alright, but... you know... this.

I CANNOT BELIEVE the amount of buzz that trailer has generated. Speaking as someone who watched the whole of Lost, I didn't think it was special at all - just another teaser trailer that says nothing about the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: